“Happy to have ran across this place!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Vancouver North Salmon Creek

You added Holiday Inn Express Vancouver North Salmon Creek to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Vancouver North Salmon Creek
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   13101 NE 27th Avenue, Vancouver, WA 98686 (Formerly Holiday Inn Express And Suites Vancouver North)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #15 of 27 Hotels in Vancouver
“Happy to have ran across this place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2012

Found this hotel by accident using trip advisor while traveling. Called ahead to check availability and rate. Arrived to find AAA rate of only $64 for 2 queen beds. Staff was very helpful, room was clean, and beds were some of the most comfortable we've had this trip. Breakfast was decent, you're usual continental breakfast plus biscuits & gravy. Only complaint was room temp was not cool enough for our liking.

• Stayed May 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
newport
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012

I was told when I checked in how to open the shower faucet for hot water and when I did that the next morning, I got cool to tepid water for my shower. On the way out the door, I told them and they said they would check. Left a note for me in the room that they checked and that I must have done it wrong. I am pretty sure that I did it right - to the full extent that any body builder could....same thing the next morning. I ran the water in both sinks...same thing. On my way out I complained. No comp. said they'd call me later. Didn't - FAIL - staff nice, housekeeper tried to help me. BAD BAD BAD. There is a la quinta on the other side of the highway. I'd try them first.....all they had to do is call me like they said. I hate writing unfriendly reviews. OH, the shower bottle wasn't even refreshed from the last guest's visit.

Room Tip: They gave me a very quiet room as I asked. Thanks!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
New Braunfels, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2011

We spent 5 nights here. The rooms were large, clean and very quiet. Breakfast was good and fresh each morning. The staff was super nice and helpful. When we are back in the area, we'll be staying there again.
My only concern was hot tub was only lukewarm - not hot at all....so we only used it once. But we did check it out two other times and it was not any warmer.

Room Tip: No restaurant at hotel (breakfast is included), but several are within a mile.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
denver, co
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2011

Several trips have consistently been clean, 24 hour pool hot tub, breakfast very nice, an A plus

Room Tip: Suites are very nice.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Pahoa, Hawaii
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011

I have stayed at this facility on many occasions, all of which before this time were in its previous identify as a Holiday Inn Express. I had come to like the ambience, friendly and always-present desk staff, and lovely water garden at the entrance. While the rooms and public areas still have the same trappings as they did as a HI Express, there are subtle differences that were disappointing. There were two occasions when I had a question to ask of someone at the front desk and there was no one within hearing distance when I called out for someone. The front desk area, which had always been warm and welcoming, seemed disorganized. The water feature at the front entrance was not in operation though it is full season for such things. These are little things, and they may be corrected as the property develops under its new management. The location remains a good one; I just hope that the warmth returns.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
San Francisco, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2011

hmm... the place is completely fine. but I wouldn't give it a raving review, mainly based on location. I was hoping to save money by not staying directly in portland. stupid me looked only at the 'vancouver' part of the address, and didn't realize how far north and really out of vancouver it really is. aside from that, it was perfectly fine. slept fine, the breakfast was generous and hearty and i appreciate that they have a pool. It was a bit cloudy when went for a swim, but whatever.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
richmond, bc
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2011

This was a Holiday Inn Express in an earlier life. Very nicely decorated, good location, comfy beds, clean, frendly staff, good continental breakfast with hot eggs and sausages (no waffle maker, but we had enough waffles in our trip). Everything was good about it.
The Pool and exercise room is open 24 hours!!
Only complaints: NO FRIDGE, and NO MICROWAVE in the rooms -- they could be useful, but lucky for us it was only for 1 night.
GREAT PROMOTIONAL VALUE for our stay!!! Definitely would recommended to friends.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn Express Vancouver North Salmon Creek? Share your experiences!