“Downtown Vancouver is about 20 minutes away” 3 of 5 stars

Shilo Inn & Suites - Salmon Creek
2.5 of 5 Motel   |   13206 Highway 99, Vancouver, WA 98686   |
Ranked #23 of 27 Hotels in Vancouver
seattle, wa
“Downtown Vancouver is about 20 minutes away”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2010

Normally every trip is planned based on advice from fellow Trip Advisors so maybe things just didn't work for me. Number one, if you have to be in downtown Vancouver during rush hour you better allow at least 30-35 minutes from the hotel. Second, the breakfast is a joke. Everything was pre-packaged including the pastries & bagels. Rooms are spacious, though. Good news is I could walk 20 feet to the drive thru lane of the fast food restaurant next door. And a desk with a computer in the lobby doesn't qualify as a business center.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Renton, Wa.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2010

Stayed here the first and last night of a three week driving trip. It was clean and a great value. We stayed at many places and this was the very best including Las Vegas. We have stayed @ various Shilo venues and are rarely dissapointed. Thanks for caring about how your place looks.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Boulder, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2010

I pulled in late on June 2nd here, after a long drive from Boulder, CO, and having stayed in Pocatella, ID on the June 1st. I'm on my way to Olympia, WA and didn't know where I'd end up stopping for the night. So, I'd made no reservation anywhere. Just drove until I was too tired to drive anymore.

After checking a few other area hotels in person, I found this one. I'd never stayed at a Shilo Inns & Suites before so thought I'd try it. I was very surprised how accommodating they were about a price reduction against the Rack Room Rate I was quoted of $112. I asked if they'd take $75 and I was told, "Yes." Later, while looking this place up here, I saw the rate is only $59 online; so, when I spoke to the front desk woman the next morning, she said she'd match the online price if I could find it again. I did, and she spoke to her manager and they matched it. Very pleased about this.

As for the room (#110), it was large and very clean, and everything worked well. It was quiet too, though being next to the exit door, I did hear other guests arriving after I did, but never heard the guests in the room above or next to me. The water pressure is a bit weak, especially in the shower, but this may be due to a water restrictor in the showerhead. The bed was very comfortable. The bedding is updated and looks great, as does the carpet and the window coverings. In my room were 2 queen beds with both down and foam pillows to choose from, a table with 2 comfortable chairs near the large window, a desk with a nice chair, a fridge and microwave, coffee pot, hair dryer and a table for luggage to be up off the floor. Closet has ironing board and iron and quality hotel hangers. The sink is in the room and has a large mirror. The bathroom is nice and spacious too. Saw no dirt or mold, no cracks in the room or bathroom, no peeling paint, no water stains. The room is in very good condition, possibly newly remodeled. Lighting at the sink is a bit dark for me though, but was adequate.

I came in too late to try the pool and hot tub area so can't comment on them much, but the area appeared clean and I did see towels next to the pool and some lounge chairs too. There is also a steam room, but I had no time to try it either.

Breakfast was nothing special. The only hot selection was pancakes. I saw muffins, toast, cereal, and oranges offered too. Good tea selection and hot cocoa too. I don't eat breakfast most days so I didn't try them. The coffee is served in paper cups, not styrofoam, which I was pleased to see, but no real cream, only the fake International Coffee stuff (hmmm?). I used the milk. I also thought the coffee was weak, but I like mine stronger than most people. All in all, I'm quite pleased I stayed and will definitely try to stay in other Shilo Inns based on my experience here.

A very good value and very good customer service from everyone.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled solo
mgr_salmoncreek, General Manager at Shilo Inn & Suites - Salmon Creek, responded to this review, June 22, 2010
Dear Jsnap

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to provide you with a wonderful Shilo experience at our newly remodeled Salmon Creek location during your first stay with us. We were pleased to offer you a comfortable spacious room to rest after a long day of driving.

Our dedicated Shilo team was happy to assist you with a reduced rate during your stay as part of our affordable excellence guarantee.

We look forward to making your next stay with Shilo Inn & Suites as comfortable as your first .

Sincerely
Shelton, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2010

This Shilo Inn had wonderful suites that have been newly remodeled, so they are almost like a brand new motel. Exceptional staff attentiveness and courtesy. Wonderful breakfast including hot foods! The bed was FABULOUS...I slept even better than at home, which is saying something. The front gal, named Alison went above and beyond to make my stay an extremely pleasant experience! Affordably priced, too! I travel a lot, and this stay equaled places I have stayed for twice the price.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo
mgr_salmoncreek, General Manager at Shilo Inn & Suites - Salmon Creek, responded to this review, May 24, 2010
Dear pmtealover

Thank you for staying with us at our newley remodeled Salmon Creek/Vancouver Shilo Inn & Suites. We were pleased to hear that our courteous team and new amenities made you stay so comfortable. We realize it's the simple things like a nice warm breakfast for free after a good nights rest in one of our clean luxurious beds that adds value to your experience when you stay with us. With the highest standards of service set for our guests, it is wonderful to know that our dedicated Shilo team exceeded your expectations by going above and beyond.

We appreciate you taking the time to share your outstanding experience with trip advisor. and look forward to making your next stay with us as enjoyable as your last.

Sincerly
mbauer97225
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2010

I went to a friend from college's wedding back in March. I decided to stay in the area instead of driving home after the reception. I checked into the Shilo Inns located in Salmon Creek. It was perfect. I was so tired and I wanted to fall into bed--a clean bed. In the morning I took a quick swim in the pool and then sat in the steam room. I was relaxed and ready to go. Every hotel employee I saw greeted me with a smile and made eye contact. This is important to me. After my relaxing early morning, I could face the rest of my day. Not a bad start. Plus, I was able to grab a quick free breakfast. All in all, it was a great weekend--friend, food, and a great nights sleep.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends
Dear Mbauer97225

Thank you for staying with us at our newly remodeled Salmon Creek/Vancouver Shilo Inn & Suites after your friend"s wedding. We are pleased you were able to enjoy a variety of the newly updated amenities we offer, from your comfortable nights rest in our clean plush bed to a morning of unwinding in our steam room after a dip in the pool. We want all of our guest to leave feeling as relaxed as you did. Our dedicated shilo team is always looking for opportunities to enchance our guests' experience, and we know this begins with a friendly smile. We value being part of your great weekend, and appreciate you taking the time to share you comments with trip advisor
We look forward to making your next stay with us as enjoyable as your last

Sincerely
Munich
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2010

I come to America every year for Christmas to visit my family in Vancouver. Last year, I decided to stay at the Shilo Inn and was not very impressed, but decided to give them another chance this year. I only found that my stay was even worse than before. I remember last time having a wonderful hot breakfast and a newspaper. This year I noticed much less for breakfast and no newspaper! Also, the coffee and cookies they had in the lobby were gone! I took my children for a swim in the pool, but some hideous alarm kept going off, so I decided to leave. There were no pool towels. I walked to the laundry room wet to ask for more only to see the worker on her computer doing nothing. I am very displeased with my stay this year and shall never stay at a Shilo again. It is affordable, but it certainly is not excellence.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
mgr_salmoncreek, Mary Grant General Manager at Shilo Inn & Suites - Salmon Creek, responded to this review, January 12, 2010
Munich

We are sorry and do apologize for any
inconvenience you had during your stay.
We really do appreciate your comments and
concerns and have used them in training.
We have mad corrections and hope you will
give us another chance at the Shilo Inn Vancouver, Wa

Sincerly,
General manager
Washington State
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2009

This hotel was remodeled but had small rooms, and hallways were tacky. Rooms were updated but TV did not work well and room was kind of small. Staff was nice but manager was not. Breakfast was slim. Nice business center. Pool is ok with small hot tub. Will stay at a different hotel next time.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family
Happymcmartin

We are sorry and do apologize for and inconvenience you may have had during your
stay with us. After your positive comments about the newley remodeled room, I hope you will consider giving us anouther chance. We are positive you'll have a great stay at the Shilo Inn Vancouver, Wa

Mary Grant

Been to Shilo Inn & Suites - Salmon Creek? Share your experiences!