“One of the BEST!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Vancouver Portland North

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Vancouver Portland North to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Vancouver Portland North
Ranked #7 of 27 hotels in Vancouver
Burbank, California, United States
“One of the BEST!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

This is without a doubt one of the best Holiday Inn's I have stayed at. Yes the rooms were very large, the hotel was very clean, and breakfast was always ready and waiting every morning. However, what made this hotel better than the rest was it’s extra amenities and extremely helpful staff. This Holiday Inn had things like the manager’s happy hour from 4pm to 7pm Tuesday -Thursday and had an extensive DVD rental library. I have never experienced this while staying at another Holiday Inn. Furthermore, the staff was beyond helpful. Gary went out of his way to make sure my team and I were always taken care of. If we ever find our way back in the Vancouver Area they will definitely get our business again.

-Brandon

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Paul W, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Vancouver Portland North, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Good day Brandon B,

It was a great pleasure having your team stay with us.
Your kind words and thoughts mean a lot to the staff and management of our hotel. It lets us know we are reaching our goal of a "Hotel that Guests Love" which is our corporate motto.
I will pass along your praise of the hotel to our staff.

If you ever are in the Vancouver/Portland area please return to see us.

Your team is warmly welcome.

Sincerely Yours,

Paul K. Weston
AGM - Director of Sales and Marketing
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Vancouver, WA

121 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Eagle Bay, BC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

We stopped in with no reservations and were immediately impressed. The desk staff was very friendly, checked us in efficiently and had great suggestions for surrounding restaurants - of which there are many. Our room was well appointed, very clean and the breakfast was one of the best we have had in hotels that have a similar offering. Another nice touch - they have a managers reception in the evening for all guests.
I would absolutely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Paul W, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Vancouver Portland North, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Dear Sherry S,

Thank you for your recent review and kind words of praise regarding our hotel.
I am happy to hear our guest service agents took good care of you and your room and the morning buffet breakfast exceeded your expectation.

We stand ready day or night, with or without a reservation to make each and every guest feel like home. Thanks again for taking your time to write a great review of our hotel.

We look forward to serving you on your next visit to the Vancouver/Portland area.

Safe travels,

AGM - Sales and Marketing Manager
Spokane Valley, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

This hotel was great for our sports team. Rooms were large and comfortable. The breakfast worked perfectly for game schedule. Staff was friendly and made it easy to book our room block!We would definitely stay again when we travel to Vancouver.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Paul W, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Vancouver Portland North, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Dear Adrienne C,

It was a great pleasure to read your review. Your kind words meant a lot.
From one team to another; thank you.

We do our best to make all groups feel like its home away from home.
The housekeeping team does a great job in keeping our Holiday Inn Express & Suites as clean as possible.

On a personal note. As it is my job to insure a seamless, professional and stress free room block, I am very pleased I made you and your group very happy. That’s true job satisfaction.

We look forward to your next team visit.
I hope you had a safe journey home and thanks again.

Sincerely yours,

Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013 via mobile

Family of five, rooms are roomy, privacy, and the location is ideal! Very family friendly! And over the top service! I would definitely stay again! Kids had a great time in the pool, beds are super comfortable and everything is so close by just in case you forget something.

• Stayed February 2012
Dear Lulubuggz,

Thank you for taking your time to write a review, we greatly appreciate it.
I am pleased to hear that you had an excellent stay and the kids had a great time.

It always is about family and those rare moments to enjoy a get-a-way.
It gives us the greatest satisfaction to know we got it right!
We value all our guests and we look forward to your next visit. Thanks again.

Sincerely yours,

Dripping Springs, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

We stayed here for two nights in a double queen suite room. We're a family of four and had ample space in our room. The beds were comfortable, neither too firm or too soft. The hotel is quiet and nicely decorated. The front desk representatives are very customer oriented and really try hard to please the guests. The bathroom was a good size and was well supplied with shampoo, conditioner, lotion, and mouthwash. The shower has an adjustable shower head. There is a heated indoor pool that the kids had a lot of fun swimming in. Breakfast is included with the room and is constantly being refilled. It consists of juices, milk, coffee, hot chocolate, yogurt, cooked eggs, hard boiled eggs, cereal, pancakes, an assortment of breads and fresh fruit. The only problem with the hotel is that the outside noise invades the room. We had a room that faced the street, instead of the highway, but the trucks going by literally shook the room. However, otherwise we were very pleased with our stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear teachkindy,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel.
We are delighted to hear that you had a great stay and you recommend us to future travelers.
We strive to do our best to make sure that every stay is enjoyable.

I am sorry about the street noise from trucks that were working on our neighbors remodel project.
Please except my sincere apology.
I am happy to report that project is complete.

When in the Vancouver/Portland area please hurry back to see us again.

Yours truly,

gypsyrider14
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

The front desk gentleman did everything perfectly; we were very pleased with his service. The hotel seemed new and it was nice. The room was large and clean. The bed appeared to be a pillowtop - soft (which I like) but not too soft for my partner who prefers a firm bed. I was very happy with the comfort level of the bed. We were very satisfied with the breakfast - it was as good as any other HIX I've been to, and I've always been satisfied with their breakfasts.

There are a couple of things that weren't a big deal to us but might not work for everybody. 1. My partner felt that the walls of the hotel were too thin; I was wearing earplugs so I didn't notice thin walls. 2. Some hotels have the option of programming the fan to run all night, which I prefer; this hotel doesn't have that option, so the fan kicked on and off all night long, which tends to wake me up (this isn't a deal breaker for me, though).

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear gypsyrider14,

Thank you for your review, please forgive my delay in responding to it. I am pleased to hear that you had a great stay with us and that Noel provided you with excellent guest services.

From Maintenance, Housekeeping, and Wait Staff to Guest Service Agents, our entire team strives to do all they can to make sure your guest experience is a great stay.

Again, Thank you and we look forward to your next visit.

Respectfully yours,

Kirkland, Washington, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

I definitely recommend staying at the Holiday Inn Express. It's close enough to Portland and far enough that it gave me a home away from home experience. I loved how it was just minutes away from Downtown Portland, yet peaceful without all the hustle and bustle noises of the city. The location is just off of i5 and my drive to Portland for business was easy in the am and the evening.

The breakfast was a nice little surprise. With their selection of coffee, tea to pastries and fruit- it was just what I needed as I was running out to my business meeting. Their wi-fi is fast and they have a great selection of TV channels. I look forward to staying here again for my next business meeting.

**HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

Room Tip: Get the 4th Floor ;)
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Paul W, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Vancouver Portland North, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Dear Kirklandtravel:

to receive your kind words and praise during your recent business stay with us.

Given the very nature of the hotel business day or night, great service depends upon people willing to give their very best at all times. That's why it's truly rewarding when a guest recognizes our staff’s efforts, and takes the time to say thank you.

We accommodate many guests each evening all with unique tastes and expectations, and we strive to make their night's stay a satisfying one. The principal goal of our hotel is to provide exceptional service to all of our guests at reasonable prices. But, it's only through your eyes that we can accurately assess the quality of the accommodations and services we provided.

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Vancouver Portland North? Share your experiences!