“Impressed by the cleaniliness of the facility and the friendliness of the staff” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Vancouver Portland North

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Vancouver Portland North to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Vancouver Portland North
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   7205 NE 41st Street, Vancouver, WA 98662   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #9 of 27 Hotels in Vancouver
Kirkland, Washington, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

I definitely recommend staying at the Holiday Inn Express. It's close enough to Portland and far enough that it gave me a home away from home experience. I loved how it was just minutes away from Downtown Portland, yet peaceful without all the hustle and bustle noises of the city. The location is just off of i5 and my drive to Portland for business was easy in the am and the evening.

The breakfast was a nice little surprise. With their selection of coffee, tea to pastries and fruit- it was just what I needed as I was running out to my business meeting. Their wi-fi is fast and they have a great selection of TV channels. I look forward to staying here again for my next business meeting.

**HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

Room Tip: Get the 4th Floor ;)
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Paul W, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Vancouver Portland North, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Dear Kirklandtravel:

to receive your kind words and praise during your recent business stay with us.

Given the very nature of the hotel business day or night, great service depends upon people willing to give their very best at all times. That's why it's truly rewarding when a guest recognizes our staff’s efforts, and takes the time to say thank you.

We accommodate many guests each evening all with unique tastes and expectations, and we strive to make their night's stay a satisfying one. The principal goal of our hotel is to provide exceptional service to all of our guests at reasonable prices. But, it's only through your eyes that we can accurately assess the quality of the accommodations and services we provided.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Ketchikan, Alaska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

Clean, very nice staff and extremely comfortable. The location was great with lots of nice restaurants nearby. We highly recommend it to anyone traveling. There was a little noise from the customer staying above us, i.e stomping or running, but it didn't last late into the night.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Paul W, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Vancouver Portland North, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Dear eugene99901:

to receive you’re fair and balanced review regarding your recent stay with us.

I will pass along your kind words recognizing our staff’s efforts, and taking the time to say thank you. More importantly it is incumbent upon us in management to take serious all of your comments both praiseworthy and critical; at all levels regarding our hotel and its team members.

Given the vast number of guests we accommodate each and every evening all with unique tastes and expectations, our goal is 100% satisfaction. Nothing less meets our objective. The principal goal of our hotel is to provide exceptional service to all of our guests at competitive prices. Consequently, it's disappointing to learn that you're unhappy with a portion of your stay.

Please accept my sincere apology.

Your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated.

Again, let me thank you for your kind words and for taking the time to share your concern with us.

We're committed to total guest satisfaction & nothing less.
We look forward to your next visit to our hotel while visiting the Vancouver / Portland metro area.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

hey for those of you deciding on a hotel to stay at i'd definitiy go with this Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites. My trip was for a relaxing time away from where i live, Vancouver BC. Plan was to go shopping and just relax! This hotel is very clean, with friendly and kind staff. I was treated with the utmost respect as if i was staying in each of the staff's own home. There is a swimming pool, a workout room with cardio equipment, a business room with computers and access to the internet you name it. They also provide a hearty breakfast each morning which i loved as it provided me with the energy to start each day, (breakfast composing of: sausage, scrambled eggs, toast, buscuits n gravy, coffee, juice, milk. No stomach issues whatsoever. To put a review short, there were no problems with my stay at this hotel for 4 nights and the best thing of all was the convenience of the location as it was not far from the malls and outlets in the surrounding area.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Paul W, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Vancouver Portland North, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Good day Mike X,

I am so please that you took the time to write a review regarding our hotel.
From Vancouver BC to Vancouver Washington is a long drive and I'm very happy you found our accommodations restful and exceeded your expectations of what a hotel should be.

Thank you very much for staying with us and we look forward to having you stay again.

Sincerely yours,

Paul Weston
AGM - Sales & Marketing Manager
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

I'll start with the good things: It is conveniently close to Portland and area attractions. It's also within just a couple minutes of a giant mall, shopping centres and tons of restaurants. It is clean and the rooms are spacious. Ours was a room designed to be wheelchair accessible so the bathroom was large enough to square dance in if you wanted. The bed was comfortable and the hottub in the pool area was hot and bubbly.

The negatives were the breakfasts; salty and poor quality. Also, and more importantly, it was very noisy. Our room was just above the parking lot so we heard the conversations of people outside smoking, the tv of our next door neighbours, and the running children of the people above us, as late as 11 p.m.and as early as 7:30. If you're going to have dozens of people sleeping within feet of each other, why not soundproof better? Annoying.

Other than that, enjoyed our stay.

Room Tip: Ask for the top floor if possible to avoid having noisy neighbours above you.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Vancouver Portland North, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
Dear HatRez,

Thank you for your recent comments about our Hotel. I am glad our convenient location suited you well and that you were pleased with the room accommodations. I am sorry that the breakfast options served did not meet your expectations as well as apologize for the noise from our other guests. We take our guest comments positively and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. I will make sure that your feedback will be reviewed and be forwarded to the appropriate departments. Thank you for staying with us and we hope you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Zelyn N
IHG Care
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

The hotel does not serve sausage, bacon or pancakes on the weekend. I find this hard to believe but that is what the young lady who was working the breakfast room told me.

Biscuits and gravy, rubber omelets at least the bagels seemed fresh

Also don't bother trying to check in here early, front desk rudely advised us it's not 3:00pm come back then. Knowing that we were not from the area (why else would we be there) the front desk didn't even say hey there is a mall around the corner or plenty of restaurants around you can hang out at.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Vancouver Portland North, responded to this review, September 12, 2012
Dear aphxgirl,

Thank you for posting a review of our property. I am sorry that you encountered some issues with the breakfast and the unacceptable service you received from our front desk staff. We will use your comments to improve our efforts. We all hope that we will have the opportunity to host you again on a future visit.

Karen C
IHGCare
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

We had a reasonable room in this hotel, even though they didn't give us the upgrade we were due as Platinum members of Priority club. Got a good night's sleep but breakfast was a real let-down. The orange juice had been so diluted it was little more than dirty water - not drinkable. There was no fresh fruit, and less choice than normal for the breads, then when the coffee / half-and-half ran out the staff were not quick to refill them so we ended up leaving without a refill. I know this is a budget brand and times are hard, but almst every other hotel in this chain gets it right - there are plenty of similar hotels in both Vancouver and neighbouring Portland competing for my business and next time, I will be trying one of them out.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Vancouver Portland North, responded to this review, September 20, 2012
Dear IMUK,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re sorry about the poor breakfast selection during your stay.We ill look into this and assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
IHGCare
Rathdrum, Idaho
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

Every member of the staff I encountered here went above and beyond the call of duty. I honestly wish all of the hotels I visit were this on top of their game.
The rooms are clean and the beds are updated and comfortable.
I went there for business and these were the plus points of the place:
It is close enough to DT Portland that you can make the trip quickly. If you are in an industrial business, it actually seems like there are more places closer in Vancouver than in Portland of interest. (I'm in construction materials/tools).
They are very close to an array of good places to eat. You don't have to do a lot of searching or driving around to get to them.
The location is also close to several easy to get to gas stations for fill-up/easy snack items.

I travel for work about 20-25 days a month and can honestly say this is now one of my favorite places to stay.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Dear Cameron H,

Thanks so much for your review. I am pleased to hear that you had a great stay, found our rooms comfortable and exceeded your lodging experience in every way.

I hope you had a great time exploring the surrounding area. Perhaps took down time to take in dinner and a movie at the Vancouver Mall.

It truly means a lot to the staff and I that you choose us as “one of your favorite places to stay” given the number of nights you travel for work.
On behalf of my entire staff and our management, we are honored and truly look forward to your next visit.

Always a pleasure to serve,

Paul Weston
AGM – Sales & Marketing Manager

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Vancouver Portland North? Share your experiences!