“Very Satisfactory” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn & Suites Vancouver

You added Days Inn & Suites Vancouver to your Saves list
Days Inn & Suites Vancouver
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   9107 NE Vancouver Mall Drive, Vancouver, WA 98662 (Formerly Ramada Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #22 of 27 Hotels in Vancouver
Renton, Washington
“Very Satisfactory”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

Just needed a clean, comfortable place to stay overnight and this Days Inn was very satisfactory for my needs. I would have appreciated a few more television channels -- television, in my room anyway (124), had very limited channels and a pesky remote that required you practically had to stand on the buttons to adjust the volume or change what few channels there were available. Staff was friendly and courteous, and the continental breakfast was what would be expected with the typical assorted cereal and bread items to chose from, some juice and hot coffee/tea.

Room Tip: If you are expecting to watch television, confirm that the t.v. and remote in your room are working...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
ComfortSuitesVanMall, General Manager at Days Inn & Suites Vancouver, responded to this review, May 24, 2013
Dear Gail D.,

Thank you, very much for your kind review. We're pleased you enjoyed your stay through and through. Minusing the amount of channels provided. Thank you for providing your room number so we were able to research and fix the remote/issues you had listed. It makes it easier on us!

Do come back and stay with us again soon. It was a pleasure having you!

Emily Sestoso

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
La Canada Flintridge, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

THe rooms were clean and quite. However, the first "non-smoking" I got reeked of cigarette smoke. I could hardly breathe. Fortunately the next room was fine. Also there is no mention that there is NO elevator and there is also NO ice machine on the second floor.

The breakfast was ok, as there was just the usual waffles, assorted breads, juice and cereal. But for the price it was clean and comfortable

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
ComfortSuitesVanMall, General Manager at Days Inn & Suites Vancouver, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Dear Fernwoodcreek,

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to write a review about your most recent stay with us. We are compeletly a 100% Non-Smoking Hotel. However, if a guest that is located next to you, direcltly above or below you, and they tend to smoke, you will get a hint of their actions due to bathroom venting connection.

I am pleased we were able to move you swiftly without hesitation. Please accept our most sincere apologies. Know that if we find a guest smoking in a room we do charge $150.00 Smoking Fee.

I know it to be inconvenient in not providing an elevator. For future needs of the first floor, calling in advanced always helps your chances of receiving a first floor room or pre-reserving an accessible room guarantees your first floor.

Again, apologies if your stay was anything less than satisfying. We do thank you for your review and hope you to come see us again.

Yacolt
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

The hotel is usually pretty clean and comfortable. This time the hot tub was working as it breaks down a lot. Other than that the staff is great and what other place has a pool and hot tub open till midnight with a waffle breakfast for this cheap. Always book it online for cheapest rates! We stay here all the time as it's a great location next to the mall, restaurants and movie theaters!

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Dear Chicagogirl47.,

Thank you for your review!
We are sorry to hear that the spa heater was on the fritz. We currently just purchased a new one so that should not be happening anymore!

Also, we do honor online rates, as long as we verify with you on the phone. So for future reservations, to avoid headache of dealing with a 3rd Party, give us a call and we'd be more than happy to reserve your room with the online price!

Come back and see us again.

Vancouver, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

seriously ... REALLY BAD SERVICE... I made reservations through hotels.com 3 months prior to stay then called the next day and asked for the adjoining rooms and roll away beds in each room. Showed up the day of the stay and they didn't show that I asked for the adjoining rooms and roll away beds. the general manager then preceded to lecture me about using hotels.com (makes me wonder why they even use the site) and told me they can't guarantee the adjoining rooms, they said they were reserved months in advance.. YES BY ME!! they ended up giving me the adjoining rooms but WHY were they so rude and condescending about it. I asked for extra towels and you would think that I was asking for them slice off their right ear. the general manager said "there is 4 towels in each room and that is what you are allowed" I said with the rollaways we have 5 people in each room. she then started yelling at me saying there was a MAX 4 people per room (then why was I able to put 5 people on the hotels.com site and why do they think we needed the rollaway beds?) of course I told her there was going to be 5 people per room, she repeated that the room max is 4, then grabbed a paper and pen and looked at me and said how many adults per room? I replied that there was only 1 adult per room 4 kids.. she dropped the whole subject right there... what are "kids" not "people" because she didn't want to enforce that whole MAX 4 people thing, SUGGESTION LEARN A NEW PHRASE LIKE MAX 4 ADULTS. I thought we were going to have to give up our firstborn child to get some towels. We had our end of the school year sleepover there every year and have never had issues, but thanks to the new management and their poor service we will not be back.

Dear Lasseighne1288,

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to write a review. However, let me correct you in a few areas:

I'm not keen on yelling nor find it professional or resolving when having to result to such behavior, however I am not one that is keen on false accusations and that is what you are throwing here. I'm not typically one for public placement, however after Juan and I worked and worked as hard as we could to accommodate you so that you looked together and good for your other party before arrival, I do not find it anywhere appreciating to throw such accusations out there and will not let it stand for what we really did.

Like all of my guests that book through a 3rd Party Site, I always advise them to book through the hotel directly with better chances of reservation accuracy and minimum discrepancy. I'm not sure if you fully remember the check in, it seems you don't remember much accurately, as you stated I yelled, quoted false statements and are putting incorrect phrases in my mouth. However, after finding that it was a 3rd Party reservation Juan tried to collect a Credit Card to be authorized or $100 Cash Deposit (both refundable if no incidentals) since when booking on a 3rd Party Site, you pay them, they send us Ghost Card, and its the Hotels responsibility to obtain Incidentals if they so please from the guest upon arrival.

Upon our attempt, you became very flustered and stressed as not having that many funds for all rooms, so we worked with you as best we could taking a chance with a piece of paper saying you would pay, something we never do.

You then wanted adjoining rooms for all, and that's something we do not provide as we only have certain rooms that adjoin into sets of Two's not Three's. By you reserving the same exact Room Types on Hotels.com it makes it difficult to put you in adjoining rooms, as none of ours adjoin into the same exact room type.

Please notice during our entire conversation, while Juan was doing his best to get you all situated, I was merely smiling, kept a low voice, educated you on 3rd Parties, like I do with all 3rd Part Guests, in hopes of them booking with the Hotel directly in the future- whichever hotels they may stay at (not just ours) in hopes of winning that guest directly, less headache for them and for the hotel. I would hardly call it a lecture, but friendly advice. If you choose to tarnish it to anything otherwise, then you are more than welcome too and continue reserving rooms whichever way you may please and have more discrepancies than you would get if booked directly with the hotel. To each their own.

As for the Towels, your reservation stated that there were 3 People in the Room. I asked how many and you said 5 people and that you wanted 5 extra towels per room on top of the 4 that we provided, per room. I then stated I wasn't going to give you an extra 15 Room towels, and that there are already 4 in the room, I would provide and extra per room for and that we had Separate Pool Towels for the pool that we could give you as well (a total of 15 give or placed in the Pool area for you) since you were wanting the extra towels for the pool.

No where did I say it was a 4 Adult Occupancy Max, I clearly stated it was a 4 Heads per Room Max and find it worrying when any reservation checks in with 12 kids wanting to throw a party in my Hotel, as that disturbs many of the other guests that are trying to relax, like the walk in no reservation couple standing behind you our entire conversation, requesting to not be anywhere near your party. Had I anywhere treated you unfairly, raised my voice, and out of line, that couple would have more than likely walked out, not asked for rates, nor stayed our entire 7 minute conversation and wouldn't have smiled and commented at my last action which was me forcing eye contact with you through them after you completed check in stating to not hesitate to let us know if there is ANYTHING else we could do for you. I believe you remember that was as I didn't only have sincerity in my voice but in my eyes you were locked on and thanked me.

So again, I thank you for trying your best to make our hotel non-accommodating in any way to the outside eye, and for me to come off as a raging unprofessional representative for the hotel.Since it seems us going above and beyond for you was your definition of "Poor Service" and "Worst Experience Ever," by all means, I suggest you find yourself another hotel to stay at for future lodging needs when in the area, because you wont find anything less of Above and Beyond at mine.

Reno, Nevada, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

This hotel was perfect for our short weekend stay. Our room was clean and the front desk is open for late night arrivals. It is across from good shopping and reasonable dining options. The staff was friendly.

Dear Gary S.,

I'm pleased to hear you enjoyed your room, staff, accommodating 24 Hour Service, and convenient location. Do come back and see us again real soon!

Thank you for your review!

Emily Sestoso

Been to Days Inn & Suites Vancouver? Share your experiences!