“Extended Stay America Vancouver, WA.” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #17 of 27 Hotels in Vancouver
Vancouver, Washington
“Extended Stay America Vancouver, WA.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Staff was very kind and helpful. We did have lots of problem with the plumbing. Had to have toilet unplugged almost daily. They had no maintenance here so lady at front desk was plunging it. One morning they brought in a snake and the gal asked my husband to do it because she did not know how...SAY WHAT?? He was kind enough to do it for her. We have been here for a week now and it really is NOT worth the $550.00 we had to pay for this week. I will not recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Elko, Nevada, Usa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2015 via mobile

My sister-in-law found this place bcause of the pet friendly n location. The hotel has kitchenettes. We bought what we wanted to cook for a weeks stay. The hotel staff was great. They made us feel welcome n also very informative. I would stay there again.

• Stayed March 2015
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Portland - Vancouver, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Thank you for your great review of our hotel. I'm so pleased to hear that our staff made your stay with us so comfortable and that you enjoyed the fully equipped kitchen. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2015 via mobile

Woke up to a rash on all exposed areas. Manager got rude when spoken to. Tried to charge for fake damages I saw charge day after, when I called she had an attitude with me then reluctantly reversed them. Then she was very rude! I will never stay there again, what an inconvenience my stay was

• Stayed March 2015
Vancouver, Washington, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2014

We have been so impressed with the team at the Extended Stay Portland/Vancouver. We love the manager Rachel and her staff, especially Cindy and Karma. They are so competent and kind that even crisises (such as a power outage and flood) don't bother us too much. We've been here for almost 3 months and would have moved out earlier had the team not been so great. Having excellent people around you makes all the difference in where you live.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Portland - Vancouver, responded to this review, December 9, 2014
I appreciate you taking the time to write such a thoughtful review. I'm thrilled that the team has provided you with excellent service. You and your family have been amazing guests and we love having you at the hotel.

Thank you for your kind words and for choosing Extended Stay Vancouver.
sf
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2014

I stayed here several years ago and found many problems, mostly around dust, dirt and debris in corners (lots of dust bunnies and even beer bottle caps). This property has been "redone" -- new carpet, new decor, and some interior resurfacing in the bathroom, and I found the cleanliness very much improved.

Likes: new decor (for the most part), with carpet that doesn't seem to show the dirt and dust; it just smells cleaner in the room. Also, with faux hardwood in the kitchen and bath area, it breaks up the room a little. The location was a plus for me (might not be for others). Decent price for a newly renovated room with a kitchenette.

Dislikes: really cheap, high polyester-content bedspread; the resurfacing on bathroom sink and tub/shower combo (already peeling, see photo below); wood frame construction that transfers EVERY step of guests above you (and then when they check out early the next day, it sounds like the maid's vacuum cleaner is right in your room);

Other observations: Grab n Go "breakfast" - while the coffee was good, website photos show baskets overflowing with fruit (two types of apples and oranges) and muffins. In reality, at 8 am (over and hour and a half before service was over) there were only two chocolate muffins and about 5 red apples. When I asked the clerk for something other than chocolate muffins, she said they were expecting a new shipment but they only had the chocolate muffins. I asked for oranges, and was simply told they didn't have any.

I would have liked to have had a toaster and coffee maker in the room, but you have to schlep up all the kitchen untensils and applicances to the room yourself... what's that about (oh, that's right, guests are presumptively thieves in Extended Stay's eyes)?

Pretty slow "free" internet, but have to buy a better package to get decent internet speed.

All in all, for a single-night stay of only about 12 hours in the room (I arrived for the evening at 10 and left at 10 the next morning), it was adequate.

Room Tip: Demand a room on the 3rd floor, or else you'll be annoyed by the guests above you all night (and...
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Portland - Vancouver, responded to this review, November 26, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am delighted to hear that your overall experience and that the cleanliness had improved since your last stay. Still, I am sorry to hear that the breakfast items were in short supply. The order for the hotel was expected that A.M. and we are sorry we did not meet your expectations. In response to your feedback regarding the dishes, we have removed the dishes and appliances from the room to sanitize and customize each kitchen based on each guests needs. We are happy to deliver and unpack any requested kitchen items for each guest. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate your comments regarding the bedspreads and renovation issues and will pass them along to senior management. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at van@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Crystal Lake, Illinois, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2014

This place was clean enough to sleep in but that's about it, we asked about our room NOT. Being cleaned after our first night. They said it has to be scheduled, so we said well we would like rooms cleaned tomorrow, oh no it can't be cleaned until you stay 7 nights!!! To get clean towels we had to drag our wet towels downstairs!!! Also when we checked in (I had paid for three nights ahead from Hotels.com) he said I still need to run your credit for incidents, we'll check my credit card when we got to room and he charged my account again! There was TOO many scary looking people that lived there permanently. Would NOT recommend to anyone I know!!!

Room Tip: Look for Holiday Inn Express we are never let down.
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Portland - Vancouver, responded to this review, October 27, 2014
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I am sorry to hear that our housekeeping policy was not clearly explained to you at check in. We provide housekeeping services to guests staying eight or more nights; however, these services are always available upon request for an additional fee. As well, I apologize that you were not pleased with your stay overall. I will be reviewing your comments with our staff to ensure your experience is not repeated.

I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at VAN@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.
Santa Monica, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2014

Just 10 minutes north of the Portland airport(PDX), the Extended Stay-Vancouver is located in a convenient location. The hotel is right next to the i205 freeway, local diners and a shopping center. Elmer's restaurant (across the street) offers a 10 percent discount to hotel patrons. Traders Joe's is down the block. We stayed at this hotel for five days. We found the front desk to be friendly and attentive. Breakfast is very simple. Coffee, fruit, granola bars...

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Extended Stay America - Portland - Vancouver? Share your experiences!