“Treated like Royalty” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
DuPont, Washington, United States
“Treated like Royalty”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

We have stayed at the Heathman several times. It is immaculate and beautifully maintained. A year ago we arrived tired and hot to find 16 children and 3 adults in the swimming pool and hot tub. It was so noisy and everything was so wet that we gave up on trying to relax there. Some of the kids must have been in the room above us. A lot of small feet ran around until about midnight. When I e-mailed the GM he offered to upgrade our next stay to a suite. We visited again this May and had a wonderful stay. They gave us a very nice room and made our time very pleasant.

Room Tip: Breakfast is only available for the top floor suites. The restaurant in the hotel is very nice. Th...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
NorthPacificMgnt, Front Office Manager at Heathman Lodge, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Catherine- Thank you for sharing your experience about your most recent visit. I am very pleased to hear that you have returned and that you enjoyed your stay with us. I hope to see you again soon! Yours Truly, Savanna Martinez-Kearney, Front Office Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013 via mobile

Simply said - this lodge is a MUST stay. Yes its gorgeous! But its the staff that makes this place a great memory. Justin Bleth is a LOVE! Nate Pratt's parents live in San Antonio and when he heard my accent - well he grinned. But that Darlin' Adriane Meeus! Well, this gal was so professional and helpful it made our stay in the area even better. The rooms are very spacious and first class - great bedding - great views - great bar - great everything. Mr.Brett Wilkerson the President should be commended on his management style, because he has very happy employees. We'll see yall soon. Thanks!! Dave & Gina
P.S. Room 412 is...... :)

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! You are right we do have great a great building, and even better people who provide warm and genuine service. Justin, Nathan and Adriane certainly are not an exception. Please come back and see us soon! Yours Truly, Savanna Martinez-Kearney, Front Office Manager.
Vancouver WA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

We have frequented the Heathman Lodge several times, whether for an overnight stay or an event or dinner. Never have we been disappointed! Friends enjoy the experience of dinner and relaxing with fabulous food. The rooms are superbly comfortable and staff is always friendly! Can't wait until the next time! Oh - and visit at Christmas time, it's truly magical.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
NorthPacificMgnt, Front Office Manager at Heathman Lodge, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Thank you for your GREAT review about the Heathman Lodge. We are very happy to hear that we exceeded your expectations! We do have a great building, but it is our staff that makes it wonderful. We hope to see you again soon! Yours Truly, Savanna Martinez-Kearney, Front Office Manager.
Bremerton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Tucked in the woods off of the 205 freeway one can only be relaxed and ready to enjoy some downtime surrounded with interior nature as well. Wood beams and a Native American motif are perfect. One sleeps like a baby and wakens to a personal size Keurig. The very good part of my review was the restaurant service. The food, itself, was superior and you will never taste a more unique choppinio(sp).

Room Tip: Our room was ADA #217 and perfect.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
NorthPacificMgnt, Front Office Manager at Heathman Lodge, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! You are right we do have great a great building and Chef Ray does an amazing job in having the best food in the area. Please come back and see us soon! Yours Truly, Savanna Martinez-Kearney, Front Office Manager.
Olympia WA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

I stay at the Heathman Lodge semi-regularly when I visit Portland. It's better quality at a lower price than the downtown Portland hotels, with free parking, free wifi, and tempurpedic mattresses on the business floor. It's about 20 minutes drive downtown if there's no traffic. But it's also 20 minutes closer to the Columbia River Gorge than staying downtown.

Unfortunately, this stay was more disappointing than my 6-10 previous ones. I specifically asked for a quiet room when I checked in. In the room I was given, I heard traffic from the nearby highway all night and barely slept, which left me tired and had a very significant negative effect on my entire weekend. I was able to move the second night, but it was frustrating when I specifically asked for a quiet room when I checked in. Lesson #1: if you want to be away from traffic noise, make sure you get a room in the far side of the new wing. Otherwise, I'd have to recommend staying elsewhere.

Lesson #2: The restaurant doesn't open for breakfast until 8 am on weekends, which I find kind of absurd for a first rate hotel. If you're looking for an earlier breakfast before going hiking (to take one example), you won't be able to eat here (which is too bad because the restaurant is good).

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for taking time to write about your stay. I am happy to hear that you have enjoyed the hotel and its location. I am sorry to hear that your most recent visit did not meet your expectations. It’s disheartening when we have a guest stay that isn’t fully satisfied. I hope that we have the opportunity to see you again the next time you visit Vancouver, Washington. Yours Truly, Savanna Martinez-Kearney, Front Office Manager.
Spokane, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

I stay here about once a month on average. More in the summer less in winter. My mother and sisters live in town and I could stay with them if I wish. But I love this place. The rooms are well done and CLEAN. Staff is exceptional. The restaurant is great. Great happy hour. If you are a wine drinker ask for the reserve wine list. Reasonable prices on all food and beverages. You could find places that cost less but this really is a nice place that I like to call home.

Room Tip: Avoid the rooms above the entry way. Very noisy with all the coming and going.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking time to write about your stay. I am very happy to hear that we are your home away from home. I am glad that you have enjoyed our clean rooms and exceptional staff. Yours Truly, Savanna Martinez-Kearney, Front Office Manager.
Bellingham, WA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

I was happy with check-in, seeing my room for the first time, the food, the customer service, the public restrooms, room service, check-out and each and every interaction with their staff. I wasn't disappointed once. I didn't have many expectations since this hotel was chosen by my employer because it was the location for a conference. But, I was extremely satisfied. My room was huge, my bed was huge, and my view was lovely. If I need to come to Vancouver for a personal trip, I will definitely stay here.

Room Tip: I was in 301, which was a LONG walk from the elevator on the 3rd floor. But, I was on the end of th...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
NorthPacificMgnt, Front Office Manager at Heathman Lodge, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Thank you for your great review about the Heathman Lodge. We are very happy to hear that we exceeded your expectations! We do have a great building but it is our staff that makes it wonderful. We hope to see you again! Yours Truly, Savanna Martinez-Kearney, Front Office Manager.

Been to Heathman Lodge? Share your experiences!