“The Happy Hour Food is worth going to for dinner” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Ranked #5 of 27 Hotels in Vancouver
GreenLeadersSilver level
Redding, California
“The Happy Hour Food is worth going to for dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

I was just visiting the area and had time only for happy hour food. It was awesome! Many choices. My friend and I had 5 of them and they were all great. Awesome beverage selections at fair prices, too. I did not end up staying here myself. however, it is a beautiful place and all the staff are very friendly. Only slight downside for happy hour was that it was very busy and the wait staff was a bit slow because of it (it was Friday night).

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends
NorthPacificMgnt, Manager at Heathman Lodge, responded to this review, October 21, 2011
Thank you for letting us know about your quick visit, hopefully next time you will get to stay longer!

Brian McClary
Director of Operations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
seattle, wa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011 via mobile

The hotel is fine. When I made the reservation, I was promised all of these fabulous amenities only to find out that some of them were not valid during our stay. It was also brought to my attention several times during the reservations process that this was a KIMPTON property. It is not. They only use the name to lure you in. The Tempurpedic beds are tremendously uncomfortable. The A/C keeps you up all night.

• Stayed August 2011
NorthPacificMgnt, General Manager at Heathman Lodge, responded to this review, October 24, 2011
Hello Seattle Summer,

Thank you for your feedback, I am confused and concerned, you are correct we are not a Kimpton hotel. I see you also had other issues while you were here with us. I would love the chance to talk with you to learn more about your reservation process, and the other issues with your stay. You can reach me by dialing the hotel directly.

Yours Truly,

White Salmon, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2011

Although this hotel doesn't have a great location (except for being near just about everything) as soon as you step inside, you forget about the outside. The building decor is lovely - craftsman-type. We found the staff to be very friendly and helpful. We loved the leather couches in the room - way more comfortable than the usual hotel-type couches. The attached restaurant (Hudson's) was excellent, a bit spendy for dinner, but breakfast was reasonable. We'll do our best to stay here again!

Room Tip: Check for specials at their website. There can be some killer deals.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Hello Kents 19,

Thank you for taking time to let everyone know about your stay with us. You are correct you do forget about the outside once you step into the Heathman Lodge. I am very happy to hear that our staff was friendly and helpful, and that you enjoyed our leather couches. We hope to see you again in the future!

Charlottesville VA USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2011

Only a few minutes north of the PDX airport across the state line in WA, this place takes the fundamental design of a [fill in your favorite brand name] high-end motel and takes it up several notches. Executed flawlessly.

We had flown all day from the east coast (3 hopper) and wanted to stay near the airport so we could get a jump on getting to our resort on the coast the next day. Medium expectations. Our original plan was to get to our room, order some nibbles from room service, and declare that dinner. The nicely outfitted restaurant in the lobby drew us in and we had very nice steak, martinis, and salads. Opting for the business floor added a few dollars to an already reasonable rate but gave us a place to pad down the hall to between 6 and 8 am to get coffee, bagel, cereal, hard-boiled eggs, etc. The full breakfast was in the restaurant and was superb!

Note: Google sent us the wrong directions and we ended up navigating a neighborhood of dead ends on the other side of the freeway. Garmin took us right there.

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade on arrival. The staff is very accommodating.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the great comments! I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, and that everything was perfect! We hope that next time you are flying into PDX that you will come back to stay with us!

Yours Truly,

Colorado Springs
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2011

This hotel is a great place to stay for business and pleasure. Beautiful building with massive timber columns gives this hotel a rustic look. Comfortable rooms with great beds, plenty of space to work and relax. The staff was great and love the bar with happy hour specials that included gourmet plates for only $5. If you go there the happy hour bartender
is Judy and she is the best.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Omaha, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2011

A couple of weeks ago my cousin and I were on our yearly motorcycle trip and unfortunately while coming back from Mt. St. Helen's I had a small accident which cut our trip short. Nothing but luck brought us to the Heathman Lodge and I have to say it was one of the better experiences i've had at a hotel. I currently work in the financial services industry as a service and sales coach where my primary job is to teach management how to get better results through coahcing. I was amazed at the type of service I received from Heathman Lodge. This lodge has create a unique culture within it's staff that focuses on a genuine kindness and interest in others. I had people recognizing me in the halls and asking about my situation. The front desk offered to drive me to the pharmacy and a few folks even comped my lunch one day. If nothing esle you get a strong sense that the staff at Heathman Lodge care about the people they're working for which to me doesn't go unnoticed. I would stay here again in a heartbeat.

Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Pacific Northwest
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2011

We stayed here for a weekend of school shopping in Portland and to visit relatives. The Heathman was very comfortable and the staff was friendly. The pool area w/hot tub was great and everything is conveniently located with easy access. I did notice that the bathroom tub area looked a little worn (yellowing caulk, etc.), but everything seemed clean and housekeeping did a great job leaving extra towels, etc. on the second day. Most hotel rooms have an info sheet in the room that details check-out time, room service menu, etc., but ours did not. It would have been helpful on a couple of occasions. Loved the 12:00 check out time - a little later than other hotels, so very nice. Also, we ate breakfast at the restaurant at the Lodge and the food was FABULOUS! The kid's menu was sufficient and reasonably priced. Great stay!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Been to Heathman Lodge? Share your experiences!