“Great Value” 5 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Vancouver, Washington

You added DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Vancouver, Washington to your Saves list
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Vancouver, Washington
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   12712 South East Second Circle, Vancouver, WA 98684 (Formerly Phoenix Inn - Vancouver)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 20%
Ranked #16 of 27 Hotels in Vancouver
Ocean Shores, Washington
“Great Value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

We booked this hotel thru Hotwire and got a great price. The rooms are spacious, clean and quiet. The free breakfast is one of the best we have ever had with great variety in a nice setting. The other amenities like the pools, exercise area and the guest laundry were excellent.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back of the hotel...very quiet.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

We purchased our night's stay through Hotwire. We were looking for a large room for one night's stay prior to a bicycle race.

The room was large, somewhat worn, but suited our purposes fine. There was a microwave and a small refrigerator. The internet connection was good. I can't comment on the pool, etc, as we did not use them.

Breakfast was standard US fare, heavy on relatively sugary and greasy foods, with little choice of fresh fruits.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2012

I was fortunate enough to enjoy a stay amongst the most polite and courteous staff. Melinda, the General Manager greeted with a smile as soon as I arrived and Chris, the Sales Manager came out to introduce herself and thank me for staying with them. I was planning on visiting some clients in their local market and Chris was kind enough to share ideas, contacts and even help me set some appointments. Being from the mid-west I was a bit hesitant about getting lost, or being late, Melinda and Chris put all those worries to rest because each of them joined me on separate days when I had to go visit my customers. I couldn't believe they were willing to stop what they were doing and go out of their way to show me the city through a "local's" perspective- but to set appointments with key contacts for me...now that deserves an award.

I was placed in the Presidential Suite and greeted with a welcome amenity and personal hand written card, an art which I feel most hotels have lost in this day and age. The room was immaculate- from the bed room suite area, to the Jacuzzi spa in the room, to the kitchen area, living room and work zone- I could have lived there! The bed and pillows allowed me to sleep like a baby. The complimentary breakfast in the morning was a nice touch and the evening welcome deserts- freshly baked cookies- were a nice signature making me feel at home.

I can't say enough about the kindness of the staff, the personable associates, especially at the Front Desk and their spirit to serve. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone traveling wanting plenty of space conveniently located near restaurants and entertainment as well as the Portland airport.

Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Portland, Oregon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2012

You pay for a room, thats it. Service is little to non-existent. You get what you pay for (~$55).

First room smelled weird but they moved us to another room down the hall. They said it was because the carpet was new and it was the smell of the glue... I don't think I wanna be smelling commercial grade glue while I sleep. The other room was a bit better. Room had two tv's, a couch, desk, bed, and a few lamps to light the room.

Fire alarm went off at 8:30am and we all had to evacuate. Yes, not their fault but there was no explanation and nothing was done to compensate the guests. Props to the FD here though. Four engines and the battalion chief, haha.

Breakfast was on the verge of being bad but hey, it was free. Eggs had no taste and potatoes were lacking as well. Free waffles, milk, cereal, bagels, and coffee.

Lastly, the shuttle service...or there lack of. Apparently where you book your hotel room determines what "complimentary" services you are eligible for. We stayed here because it was a good deal and because it had advertised a complimentary shuttle to the airport (we had no rental car). When inquiring about the shuttle, they said that because we booked with an online travel site, we can't get a ride! Ummm, okayyy.. We were forced to catch a cab to the airport (15min, $22). Oh and on that note, the "complimentary shuttle" service that supposedly takes patrons anywhere within a 5 mile radius of the hotel is limited to "businesses?" and only operates during M-F with select hours.

No goodbye or farewell from what I *think* was manager as we departed as well.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Richland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2012

Have stayed there before for a total of ten nights. Rooms are clean ( for pet friendly rooms, which sometimes can be a interesting experience by sight and smell). It is up against a business park, which means at night the area is mostly quiet and a good area for walking pets. The breakfast is reasonably good, although on the last occasion the staff let things run out, and when I told them, it was at least 20 minutes before they re-filled it. All things considered it is definately my choice of motels to stay in the area.

Room Tip: Pet rooms are all on the first floor. A room on the east wing would provide a easier exit for walkin...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Spokane, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012

I had to make an emergancy trip to vancouver this week for a friend that was in the hospital and they recommended the Phoenix Inn. I was very happy during my stay. The hotel is a little older but they make up for it with there staff. Kitty and the Tall guy at the desk (can't remember his name) were very friendly and helped me and my wife out alot. The huge breakfast was also great, the boy and girl in there were fantastic. I would definately stay here again and recommend this to anyone.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Kent
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2012

This hotel is in a good location. The rooms were clean and it was quiet. And the breakfast wasn’t too bad either. But my horrible experience ruined what would otherwise have been a pleasant stay.
Do Not leave anything of any value in your room. We checked in on Fri 4/20 and checked out the next day, Sat 4/21. I had some jewelry taken, stolen, out of my suitcase! I checked everywhere in that room and thought I had left it home. But I didn’t. Initially the front desk person who was working on Saturday wasn’t very helpful. When I called to let her know what was missing she was very defensive and said they would check my room. Hours later I had to call back because I hadn’t received a call back from them. She stated that they didn’t find anything and if I needed anymore help I would have to wait until Monday when the manager was there.
I called back on Monday and spoke to the manager who was friendly, sympathetic and offered to do what he could to find out if anyone had been in my room, even questioning the staff. Unfortunately their door key system is old and so it does not keep a history of who went in and out of that room. And I’m sure whoever took it is very aware of that fact. I’m upset but more heart broken than anything. They took a set of rings I’ve had for over 27 years.
I’ve learned a few lessons from this. First don’t leave anything of any value in your room UNLESS there is a safe in the room. In addition to checking the price of a hotel check whether or not they have an updated key system. You have no idea who could be in your room when you aren't.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Vancouver, Washington? Share your experiences!