“Superb Staff & Overall Presentation” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #11 of 27 Hotels in Vancouver
El Dorado Hills, California
“Superb Staff & Overall Presentation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

This Residence Inn should receive Gold Star recognition as the Staff & overall presentation is absolutely top notch! With General Mgr. Carla Rise in the lead, this staff is very accommodating but also very friendly & efficient in handling the various needs of their guests. I would highly recommend this facility for your next stay in Vancouver, WA---they pay attention to detail & have made a real positive, out of a difficult stay away from home.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Carla-GM, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Portland North/Vancouver, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
Thank you for your kind comments. I am glad that we were able to a difference for you during this difficult time. It was our pleasure to serve you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Vancouver, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

My name is Matt and I've been staying here for two long months with two more to go.
Never in my life have I stayed somewhere that has such a thorough and detail oriented house keeping staff. I literally have to ask them not to do my dirty dishes. It makes me uncomfortable how these young ladies will literally clean my room every day from top to bottom and leave no stone unturned so to speak. I would like to personally recognize a young woman named Monica. If more people had her work ethic, motivation and attention to detail this World would run a lot smoother. Thank you Monica, no one is better than you.

The front end/desk staff is mostly adorable yet extremely professional young ladies. I would like to recognize Katrina, Molly and Cadrina.
These young women work tirelessly answering phones, serving food/beverages and catering to the guests' needs with an electric smile at all times.
Having previously worked in the service industry I know how difficult it is to always wear that smile and put your own personal issues aside to help the customer always feel right.

Without a doubt I can say that the staff here is top-notch, A+ and always outstanding, no matter the day, time or weather.
Thank you, especially Katrina, who has a bright future no matter what career path she chooses.
Monica, you are an inspiration to your daughter and please don't ever change.

My name is Matt Trow and I absolutely approve this message
m_trow@hotmail.com if anyone needs any further recommendation.

Room Tip: bottom floor
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Carla-GM, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Portland North/Vancouver, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
Matt,
I am so glad to hear that you are having an outstanding time here with us! Thank you for identifying individual staff members who have made your stay exceptional. I am excited to share your comments with the entire staff. Please let us know if there is anything we can do for you during the remainder of your stay.
Utah
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

This Residence Inn was fair. Nothing special but nothing bad. I was visiting family in the area for the holidays. It was nice having the upstairs bedroom available to let the babies sleep and get away from the main visiting area. The kitchenette area was nice to heat up food brought in by family.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Carla-GM, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Portland North/Vancouver, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
Thank you for spending your holidays with us. I am glad that the two bedroom layout worked well for your family. We hope to see you again next year.
Long Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014

Every time I come to the Vancouver/Portland area. The last time I stated for the week.
It's beautiful outside the property an the main building has been renovated and it looks soooo nice. I will return again and again. The staff has always been friendly and very helpful. My wife has problems with stairs they always make sure we get what we need.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Missouri City, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013

The curb appeal was pleasant and staff was professional in assisting with my needs.
The room was very clean and amenities met my with satisfaction.
Bed was very comfortable, bathroom very clean and had all necessary supplies. Kitchen was a added bonus.
Flat screen TV , fireplace and nice workstation that was used nightly.
Hotel was close to interstate, restaurants and shopping mall.
I would recommend this hotel for business or family and will stay here in the future for business.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1,714 helpful votes 1,714 helpful votes
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

Business took us to Vancouver for two weeks, we really wanted to stay at The Heathman Lodge but they weree booked up. This hotel was nice for an extended stay in the area and the staff was very friendly. The first week we booked a Penthouse Suite which had two bedrooms, one for us and one for our son. The small kitchen was nicely equipped and there was a fireplace in the room BUT they charge $5 for a DuraLog which was crazy. In the morning there was a nice breakfast room with lots of choices.

The fitness center is open 24 hours a day and was really nice, clean and well kept. We used the spa nightly but one day it was ice cold when I got in and the maintenance man was quickly notified and took care of the problem. The rooms are a bit sterile, beds comfortalbe and Mon.-Wed. appetizers and wine is set out in the lobby which was a nice touch.

This hotel is in a convenient location, right across the street from a mall and next door to The Heathman Lodge where we had several meals during our stay. Quaint and cozy it is not but served the purpose for a nice business hotel and was close to good restaurants in the area.

If you are in the area on business, this makes for a nice place to stay. If in the area for pleasure, I would definitely go with the Heathman Lodge next door which is much more cozy and charming. This was our first time to the Vancouver area and enjoyed it very much with the little time we did have to explore in the evenings. :)

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Murray, UT
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

While the location is really good the property is not. I needs to be remodeled! I was a little annoyed that the regular internet was free but if you wanted to upgrade it was 4.95....just give me the upgrade. Also my husband decided to rent a movie for the grand kids and it cost us 17.95. We could have bought the movie for that. Never seen a rental that high. The pillows were terrible and the room smelt old. My husband got in the pool but it was really cold so he did not swim. Will not be back.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Been to Residence Inn by Marriott Portland North/Vancouver? Share your experiences!