“Excellent Residential Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 27 Hotels in Vancouver
Atlanta, Georgia
“Excellent Residential Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

Stayed at this Resident's Inn recently on a weekend trip to Portland. It was located near a Westfield Mall, and right off the freeway. Given that I paid a great rate from Priceline, I must say that this was a wonderful break from the city, and very clean and serene at that. The room itself I would give a B-, it was clean but a bit dated -- the bed was of adequate quality, and there was also a fullsized sofa couch.

The towels were also fairly strong and Marriott branded. The shower pressure was good per Marriott standards, and I was pleased to find a full-sized kitchen complete with a microwave to cook my Voodoo donuts.

I had no problems with the room, and services were great. I was surprised to find a few flies hanging around outside, along with a fly swatter in the closet. Maybe this is a known problem. Would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: All rooms are probably the same, we were close to the pool and on the first floor, which was helpful...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
british columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

We drew this hotel from Hotwire and stayed here for just 1 night. As the accommodations were wonderful, we wished we stayed longer. Our room had a very comfortable king bed, a large love seat, single couch, end tables, a flat screen TV and a desk which also served as the dining table. The kitchenette was great consisting of a stove, microwave, exhaust fan, dishwasher, full size fridge, and a full set of dishes, glasses, mugs, pots and pans. Everything was very clean.

There was WiFi internet in our room. However, for faster access, a router and cable is provided for direct access.

There are complimentary activities for guests Monday to Wednesday such as BBQ, manager's toast, etc. An outdoor pool and a sports court is at the center of the property.

Breakfast was good with the largest variety of items we have seen in Portland area hotels.

Upon check-in, Krystal ask us if we wanted a room on the first or second floor. We choose the second floor as it is usually quieter. Krystal then assigned us a building in the back of the property for maximum quietness. While settling in to our room, Krystal phoned to ensure we were satisfied with our room. Wow, what great 5 star service! We will definite return to Resident Inn on our next trip to Portland.

Room Tip: A room in the back of the property and on the second floor is the most quiet. Rooms in the center o...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Montrose, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

My family recently stayed two nights when recently in Portland for a wedding. The rooms were spacious and clean but could use some updating. The rooms were quiet and the breakfast was very nice. The hotel seemed more geared toward extended business stay but then again it is a Residence Inn not just a standard Marriott. The one piece of advice is kinda wierd, bring toilet paper.... I don't know where they found toilet paper that thin and scratchy but they need to find another supplier. Oh, and the pool didn't open until Memorial Day which was a little disappointing.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Bainbridge Island, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

My wife and I stayed here during a visit to the Portland area for a weekend. The rooms are huge and have a kitchenette that comes in handy. The location is near a number of restaurants and other businesses but it is fairly quiet there. The freeway/highway system makes it easy to get in and out of Portland; even from this location.

Room Tip: Bring your own pillows.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Vancouver, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

We stayed six nights in a two bedroom suite at the Vancouver Mall Residence Inn.
The Staff is great and very helpful. The rooms are very clean The location is wonderful
The rooms could be refreshed. They aren't bad but a little tattered.
We mostly stay at Marriot Hotels and enjoyed this one a lot.
We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Stay away from the sports court. You will hear basketball and volleyballs bouncing.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Orlando, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

I stayed several weeks on and off from October to January. Being Marriott elite, I live on the road, every state, 90% travel. Each time the rooms were filthy - 2 bedroom from second level I could see layers of dirt (not dust, it was WAY beyond dust, with paper balls stuck on top of curtains also covered in dust. Everything was sold out during holidays, so I had no choice. Being a typical weekly visit at some Marriott property somewhere in the US, this has been worst, they have not updated rooms in AT LEAST 10 years. Food was ok, staff was nice, but never saw housekeeping anywhere. One room made me so ill I stayed 20 miles away. Now, I usually use Marriott points for vacation, stay in this area every other week for last 10 months, with at least 5 more months to go. It is soo bad, I stay at another CLEAN hotel. If I would have stayed all weeks at this Marriott, I would have enough points for free stays in Hawaii. Now, why would I give that up to stay in another hotel, when my company pays all expenses? I highly question these other reviews, how many we're done by the hotel (it DOES happen). Bulldozer is only thing that would help this place!!

Room Tip: Go two blocks up the street to #1 hotel in area - for same cost!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Toledo, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

My husband and I stayed one week at this location during November 2012. Our building was far from the main lobby and the wireless internet never worked so our computers were tethered to a wall near the desk. I found our room very comfortable AFTER I used sanitizing wipes and sprayed all furniture with Lysol. Many residents enjoy the company of their dogs or cats during their stay. The previous occupant of our suite owned a dog, a small dog as indicated by the nose prints on the window.
I was able to eliminate the dog odor but the dander continued to bother my husband’s mild allergy.

The employees are very kind and accommodating. Morning breakfast is varied and plentiful. Four washers and dryers in the laundry are reasonably priced. Restaurants and shopping are walking distance away.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Been to Residence Inn Portland North/Vancouver? Share your experiences!