“Very Good Price, Comfortable Bed, Small Room, Less Than Desirable Breakfast” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn & Suites Vancouver

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #17 of 27 Hotels in Vancouver
Seabeck, Washington
“Very Good Price, Comfortable Bed, Small Room, Less Than Desirable Breakfast”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

I wouldn't normally stay at Comfort Inns. I usually stay at the Hampton Inn, but wanted to save some money this time. I should've stayed at Hampton Inn. Although the price is good, and the bed by far is the best thing about the rooms and stay in general, those factors do not override the cramped conditions, the struggle of the AC to keep the room below 70, the 25 people in the pool with my two kids, and the breakfast of powdered eggs and the most disgusting sausage I've ever eaten. Having served 24 years in the US Navy, I know what bad food is.....

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
JoeJohns, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Vancouver, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Hello James M,

Thank you for your Review and mentioning some of these points we can use to improve on. I do want to assure you, we do not serve "powdered eggs" however, and i will definitely look into the sausage issue. I do wish to talk more about this with you though as I am wondering if you were in our most basic and least expensive room, as you mentioned to save money. Those rooms are a bit small, i will admit, with 2 double beds and are what we offer for special deals on many websites. However, for about $10-$15 more, we offer rooms with 2 queens or a king bed that are a lot more spacious for those that require a bigger room. It's all in what you wish to pay for.

Lastly, I wish there was more we could do with the pool situation. However with it being outdoors and our most attractive feature of the hotel, things can get very busy in that area when the hotel is at full capacity.

I do want to thank you again for your review and I hope we will see you again in the future.

Joe Johnson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

We booked in Vancouver for a City trip to Portland. at less than $60 per night, its one of the cheaper places in the whole region, but comes with breakfast, wifi and an outdoor pool. Location right on the I5 makes it easy to get to downtown Portland, but we still found restaurants and bars within walking distance of the hotel. Outdoor pool was so nice and warm and then let you swim until past 10pm. the sauna also works great. The hallways, bathroom and beds were immaculately clean. Breakfast was basic+ with hot food (eggs, waffles) but closes by 9 am. Staff were ok, but the front desk did not have a bottle opener to borrow. Overall, this is probably the best you can get in the price range.

Room Tip: Rooms with 2 doubles (not queen beds) are cheaper
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Hello jjzazzy,

Thank you for posting a Review! I appreciate the kind words and will definitely look into making sure we have a bottle opener for your next visit!

Thanks again and I hope you have a great 4th of July!

Sumner, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Was going to PIR raceway for the week end. Even thought the hotel is in Vancouver it was very easy to get too & even with Friday traffic was about 15mins back from PIR. & in the morning 5mins. Staff was very helpful, my room was ready & clean, good beds. I do agree the 2 bed rooms would be very cramped with more than 2 people. Breakfast was very good. Will stay again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
JoeJohns, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Vancouver, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Hello JALFAN,

Thank you for your review here and for choosing our hotel for your visit here to Portland/Vancouver! I appreciate the kind comments and am very please that you enjoyed your stay. Please look us up if you are ever in the area.

I look forward to serving you again!

Ritzville, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

The staff, front desk and maintenance, is very friendly and helpful. Everyone smiles!! The beds are comfortable. We have stayed here twice in the last few weeks and will certainly stay again. The elevators is a bit small when there are several folks checking at the same time. We ate at the Black Angus during the first stay and it was great.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Good Evening JoAnn S

Thank you so much for this kind review! I am very please that you enjoyed your stay and that you were well taken care of!

I look forward to serving you again if you are ever in the area!

1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

I booked this place 3 months in advance, specifically because it had a hot tub in the ad, and I knew I'd want to soak after working a wedding for 3 days. No hot tub, beds were too small to fit both me and my husband (2 twin beds instead of the queen we reserved), and the manager treated us worse than any abusive boyfriend, went so far as to threaten us that if we cancelled our reservation we would never find another place to stay, and then insisted on charging us for one night whether we stayed there or not. Despite the booking page that said there was no fee for cancelling at any time. Since we had little $ to spare, we stayed anyway. I even told them I was going to leave a scathing review online and they blew it off. And our non-smoking room smelled of cigars and there was hair in one of the tiny beds, and black mold in the tub, and the room was right over the dumpster so opening the window only made it smell like wet trash. DON'T EVER STAY THERE!

Room Tip: Go somewhere else, this place was dirty, smelly, and VERY RUDE!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
JoeJohns, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Vancouver, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Hello Aniquiel,

I am very concerned about this comment you left me here as I am the General Manager of this hotel and this is the first I am hearing about this. I would never treat my guests the way you described here nor would I ever let a guest leave my hotel without doing my best to make sure they are happy.

I have done some research on your reservation here and it looks as if you booked through booking.com. I have the confirmation fax if you would like a copy as well, which states the cancellation policy of up to one day before arrival. If cancelled or modified Later, or incase of No-Show, 100 percent of the first night will be charged.

This was, also booked with our 30% off rate if you stay 2 or more nights promotion. As this promotion only applies to rooms with 2 double beds, I can assure you that you reserved the right type of room for that rate since you reserved this room for 4 nights. However, as I mentioned before, if I would have known about these issues during your stay, I would have approved a free upgrade to our queens for the inconveniences experienced and again you have my apologies.

As for the Hot Tub advertisement, I have looked into this as well to double check that our amenities were listed correctly and I can confirm that we do not advertise a hot tub anywhere online. We do have rooms that offer Jacuzzi Tubs in them, a Steam Room and a Dry Sauna. However, we do not offer, nor have we ever offered, a hot tub for public use.

Here is our Property's info from booking.com for a quick reference to the Sauna, Steam Room and Outdoor Seasonal Pool: http://www.booking.com/hotel/us/comfort-inn-suites-vancouver.en-us.html?sid=637c4858cda826fa316ba6115b6ae98c;dcid=1;checkin=2013-06-07;checkout=2013-06-08;srfid=6991b5d01d527a7fa607bb14765040c38fe385c8X2

I will definitely be looking into these housekeeping issues as I require only perfection from my staff when cleaning a room. We do weekly pop inspections to make sure things are being done correctly, so it is for much a surprise and disheartening to hear this is being missed.

I apologize for the confusions here and again I wish I could have been involved a little bit more with this stay. If I could ask the name of this Manager you spoke to, that would also answer a lot of questions I am having about this. My number here at the hotel is 360-696-0411 and my email is vancouverhotel@mkmhotels.com. I would very much like to hear from you about who you talked to as the Manager.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

Nice quite hotel. Staff very friendly. Rooms a bit small for wheelchair, furniture very large making it hard to get around in the room. Overall we would stay here again. Next door to Black Angus restaurant, so we only had to walk through the parking lot for dinner.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
JoeJohns, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Vancouver, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Hello mousetogo,

I just wanted to thank you for your review! I am glad to see you had a great stay, minus the big furniture in the room. I thank you for your visit though, and I look forward to seeing you again soon!

Snohomish
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

We stayed 5/9 at this Comfort Inn & Suites on our way to Oregon - had enough points
for a free night. Ate at the Black Angus restaurant adjacent to the hotel.

Again, we stayed upon our return on 5/20 - Paid for our stay.

Room was fine - Beds were fine.

The elevators with the light wood looked like they need to be refurbished.

Easy loacation to find off I-5.

Room Tip: We stayed the 2nd time on the 2nd floor close to the vending machine. They do make noise that filte...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello Snoho37,

Thank you for your review here on TripAdvisor! We want to thank you for choosing our hotel here both times through this area and I am happy that we were able to serve you well both times. I apologize for the room right across from the Ice Machine, That area can get a bit busy as it is also right by the elevator. So again, I apologize for that and I hope that we can get you into another room down the hall next time!

Thank you again for your review and we look forward to seeing you soon.

Joe Johnson

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites Vancouver? Share your experiences!