“A good deal for when you are just passing through town” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Vancouver

Save Saved
You added Motel 6 Vancouver to your Saves list
Motel 6 Vancouver
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   221 Northeast Chkalov Dr,, I-205 Exit # 28 Mill Plain Blvd, Vancouver, WA 98684 (Formerly Quality Inn)   |
Ranked #24 of 27 hotels in Vancouver
wanderingbeagle
“A good deal for when you are just passing through town”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2010

After staying in some pretty bad motels across the river in Portland, I decided to try the Motel 6 in Vancouver. I have since stayed several times here and I've found all experiences to be about the same. It is inexpensive and fairly clean, although there was somewhat of a mildewy odor in the last room I stayed in.

The biggest complaint I have is one I'm finding in more and more rooms lately--a lack of easily accessible electrical outlets. The outlet nearest the bed is right behind it, making it an irritation to move the bed to plug in a laptop. The other plugs are already tied up with the lights or the TV.

If you're trying to spend a relaxing week in beautiful Vancouver then perhaps you want to look elsewhere. However if you are looking for a cheap, fairly clean place to stay the night before moving on, this place should fit the bill.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple

27 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
seattle
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2010

i've stayed at 2 of the 4 other hotels in the immediate vicinity & am happy to say that the previous reviews did not deter me ~
my experience was of a very economical & clean room
[also with premium cable channels & free wi-fi!]
& excellent location:
blanket, bedspread, mattress were fine,
{would have loved more/bigger pillows, tho'}
smelled ok & receptionist friendly,
despite bare lobby & only coffee in the morning (no coffeemaker in room)
> microwave/fridge available upon request
did not notice homeless wandering around & enjoyed convenience of many
stores/restaurants within walking distance
... would say that management has made some great changes!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2010

Smokers everywhere and it's even encouraged by the management, who, in fact, smoke right outside the lobby doors with complete disregard for guests or the state law. The room stinks like urine, pubic hairs in the bed...not ours! Burn marks and KNIFE cuts in the blankets of a non-smoking room...it's got to be the nastiest place we've ever had the displeasure of staying in. The owner is not present, lives out of state; I guess I'd have to call them slum lords because they certainly aren't putting money into this place to keep it up to Motel 6 standards! Be sure to bring your own pillow as the lumps in these ones won't benefit you in any way. Did I mention the homeless wandering around? ugh Or maybe the animal hair in the washing machine?

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
magpies123
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2009

As soon as we walked in Room 106 we noticed a horrible musky smell. We sprayed the room with lysol but it didn't cover the smell completely. The mattress was very uncomfortable and sunk in the middle. We should have requested another room, but I had a feeling they probably were all the same. We wont be staying in Motel 6 again.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
minneapolis, mn
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2008

I just thought everyone reading these reviews should know that this property changed hands in August of 2007. It used to be Quality Inn and the reviews that are dated before Aug. 2007 are by people that stayed there before it was a Motel 6. They no longer have complimentary breakfast or even clocks in the rooms. We booked when it was a Quality Inn and were not informed of the change to a Motel 6. We were expecting breakfast in the morning but Motel 6 doesn't offer that. They even took the clock out of our room half way through our stay. When we asked about it they said they no longer provide clocks. They were rude and unapalogetic. The non-smoking room we stayed in was very smokey and one night there was a loud party upstairs that the management did nothing about.

• Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Chicago
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2007

Ok, we walked in on a busy weekend evening and got one of their last rooms left-way bigger room than we needed (or wanted to pay for) but it was a decent rate and close to what we wanted. everything looked pretty clean but it smelled a little like sweat. the room was located at the end of the building (a little difficult to get to...). some stains on the carpet, but otherwise clean. I REALLY wanted to dip my leg in the hot tub (long couple of days of driving a cheap rental car with NO cruise control, and my knee was bothering me. and they were like "slim to none" when I asked what the chances were that they wouldn't kick me out right away. I realize the hotel was very busy and rules are rules for a reason, but where is the customer service in hospitality anymore?????????????????????????????????????????????????? if I hid in the corner and was really quiet, i really would have appreciated paying more than I wanted to stay in a mediocre property...thank god for the AAA discount, pays for itself every time!!!!

Stayed May 2007
A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2006

Rooms were decent enough, but woke up to find a huge spider on my leg. It was a non-smoking room, but had to keep the bathroom door shut because another room (??) was smoking and it consumed the whole bathroom. If you opened the door, the whole room filled with the cigarette odor. Door had gap large enough to let light thru. Pool was ice cold. Staff was very friendly but when trying to make the reservation, was asked to call back because they were too busy to take the call.

Wouldn't stay there again.

• Stayed July 2006

Been to Motel 6 Vancouver? Share your experiences!