“A favorite restaurant in uptown Vancouver” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #7 of 595 Restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: Delicatessen, Italian, Winery
Portland, Oregon
“A favorite restaurant in uptown Vancouver”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

We eat both lunch & dinner here often. There isn't much to rave about in the smallish town of Vancouver so this place really stands out. Tuesday nights you get any bottle of wine under $50 - 2 for the price of one - off a very long list. The food is creative and artfully done - especially the sea bass.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Ridgefield, Washington
“Love this place!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

This is probably the best value in Vancouver and the best quality of food..........and SERVICE in the entire metro area.

The dining area is in between what looks to be a deli area and a wine shop, on the other side. This is cool!!! The casual nature of the place calms you, and the quality of the food and service really excites you.

Try the gorgonzola cheese cake as an appetizer.............the ceasar salad.............the olives............any of the pastas (YUM!)...................the fish and shellfish dishes..............and the desserts (especially the chocolate zuchini cake). The red meat dishes have been hit or miss for us, but mostly miss lately; however everything else of the menu is fantastic.

Let's talk about the service. It is spectacular! Every server that we have had is a professional and knows the menu and the extensive wine list. And, everyone one of them have been very friendly, personal, fun to be around, etc. We feel like family there.......... Our faces are known when we walk in and we are treated "much better than family". HA!

After you enjoy your meal, wine, and service, don't forget to do a little shopping. The wine selections are great for Italian wines and there is a discount (40% I believe) on purchases when you have dinner there.

Go to this place once, and you will be back many times!

• Visited July 2012
Vancouver, Washington
“Great Food, Excellent Wine List”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

This is Vancouver's best "cafe deli" if you like single plate Italian specialties, and they've also got the best wine list for Italian wines I've seen in a small place. I like the fact that they offer smaller versions of practically everything, I love the food but moderation is necessary to maintain my svelte figure ! ! ! No bread is served with lunch, which both helps my weight concerns and takes away a little from the meal. There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.

Home made pasta, especially great ravioli, and I return again to the great wine list. The service can be a little slow when they're busy, and louder than my wife cares for but not excessively so. Great selection of interesting and tasty sandwiches.

Good food, reasonable prices and great wine.

• Visited June 2012
Lacey, Washington
“Mixed experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2012

We were here on May 31st before attending an archeological talk at Ft. Vancouver that evening. We really LOVED the foods we sampled (yummy baked polenta, for ex.) but two things: 1) we had to request a happy hr menu--it wasn't offered upfront and our waittress seemed too busy (or officious? Too cool?) to follow through on small things, like bringing us a dinner menu to review. We did see our neighbors getting better service.
Highlight: the fluffy chevre cheesecake had honey in the crust. WOW. Outstanding, will try to make something close myself.

• Visited May 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Vancouver, Washington
“A Vancouver Treat”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

I went here for dinner with my mom and daughter. I heard it was a nice place to eat that was a little on the expensive side but I was happy to get the dinner menu and not be turned off by the prices. Most of the pasta dishes were about $9 for a small size and about $15 for the larger option. The entrees were about $18-30.

I ordered the Primaveli (spelling?) Great dish. The bread there was AWESOME! I love the atmosphere there and would definitely recommend it for a good Italian meal. Much more authtic than Olive Garden!

• Visited May 2012