“What I had was good but...” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #7 of 595 Restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: Delicatessen, Italian, Winery
Vancouver, Washington
“What I had was good but...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2012

I really liked the dish I had but the menu is very limited and if you are not into dishes with some sort of meat or seafood there is very little to choose from.

I went there hoping for a good "Italian" meal - I'm sure it's all Italian but more along the lines of gourmet Italian (Northern Italian?). Not the "fattening American Italian" I was hoping for Haha.

I felt the price was very high for the serving size. They clearly appeal to people that like to say "Oh yes, I eat there" as if it's a status symbol - - just not my gig.

Seating is limited and very "New York Style" (everyone practically sitting together) so I was able to observe my fellow diners. Many were very into their wine knowledge and had that "looking down your nose" attitude (I too love good wine and know a lot about it but prefer not to be a wine "snob" - that is why I moved to Vancouver, WA and didn't stay in Newport Beach California... thank you very much).

Bottom line - I cannot say it's a bad place but I probably won't go back. That being said, I wish them great success because it is great to have CHOICES here in Vancouver and not have to go to Portland to have a unique meal or good wine.

Visited March 2012

Vancouver, Washington
“Not a lot of choices on Westside”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2012

I guess it is okay if a little overpriced. We have so few choices on this side of town so I guess it fills a need. I had an app, salad and wine (Skimpy pour!) for 30 bucks so deal it is not! May go agan but it won't be my first choice.

Portland, OR
“Vancouver's Best Sandwich”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2012

Provecho is small and cozy with a European feel, making it a lovely lunch spot. We come here during work hours to fill up on fine foods and sometimes a glass of wine. The Giuseppe sandwich is fabulous and well worth the price tag - most often I take half back to work with me.

In the summer, you can even sit outside!

Visited February 2012
Camas, Washington
“Wonderful neighborhood Italian”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2012 via mobile

A lot of Italian restaurants can be pretty uneven in quality, and they're good, they can be absurdly expensive. It is rare to find one with reasonable price and this level of food.

One or two Italian restaurants in Portland are equivalent or better, but not for the same price point.

I agre with one previous commenter that it can be noisy when busy and it's often busy, so I like Saturday afternoons sitting in the sun with the garage style windows wafting in a breeze, but beware the lunch menu is mostly sandwiches. I prefer the dinner menu...

Try the arugula and bresaola salad and the cingiale when they have it. They change the menus so we've had multiple memorable meals here over the past year and a Half since we discovered it. BTW, I'm not mentioning the tiramisu because it's so cliche! But it really is one of the few I succumb to any more.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Rome, Italy
“A great trattoria in of all places Vancouver”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2011

This is a really nice trattoria located in uptown Vancouver on Main. The decor is basic garage with half the space dedicated to their deli and prep area and the other half with primative tables and chairs. The high ceilings and lack of textiles make the room loud when they are full and that is usually the case. They offer a relatively small menu but all the entrees I have tried have been prepared perfectly and are fairly priced as compared to other italian restaurants in the area. I had their deconstructed oyster stew which was amazing and lasagna that had just right amount of meat, ricotta, pasta, and garlic. Additionally, they have a pretty impressive wine list featuring northwest wines. If you're looking for a casual trattoria to enjoy really good food and a nice glass of wine LaBottega is worth considering.

• Visited October 2011