“Odd Mix of Smells ...” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Williston Hotel & Conference Center

Save Saved
You added Grand Williston Hotel & Conference Center to your Saves list
Grand Williston Hotel & Conference Center
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3601 Second Ave. West, Williston, ND 58801 (Formerly Airport International Inn)   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #19 of 22 Hotels in Williston
Bismarck, North Dakota
“Odd Mix of Smells ...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Two nights at this hotel, but not by choice, it was because of our admin did not know Williston, and went purely by the "grand" name. This is the old airport hotel. Although it is renovated, the atmosphere is a bit intense. The rooms are dork, carpets and furniture don't match, and the lighting in the rooms and along the hallways is extremely poor. Many rooms seems to be utilized as extended stays. So when walking the hotel, it feels like you are in an apartment complex.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Tom R, General Manager at Grand Williston Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Dear Dimashqi2020,

Thank you for your input, as our property has not yet under gone a renovation but we are preparing a full renovation of the property. As per my correspondence please let me know next time you are in town, I would like to meet with you.

Best regards and safe travels,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Mohave Valley, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We had so much fun when we were in Williston, North Dakota!! The Grand Williston Hotel is
a great place to stay! While it needs some repair (there was talk of a renovation coming) it has an ambiance which made it a memorable trip. Everyone was so friendly, from the front desk,
to the restaurant and lounge. The food is so delicious and is served in both the lounge and restaurant. We also had Room Service. Deb was most accommodating and Andrea served us
in the restaurant. Our bartenders Shar and Rose were so much fun! Chelsey and Shawna helped us at the front desk and were most helpful in explaining the set up of the hotel.
When in Williston we will return! As we found out, some of the places we visited were not so
friendly. I would recommend the Grand to anyone!

Room Tip: Rooms on the east side quieter
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Tom R, General Manager at Grand Williston Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Alicia,

Thank you for your comments, I will pass them on to the TEAM members you mentioned and their Department Heads, we are indeed readying for a property renovation, we all are very glad you enjoyed your stay with us.

We look forward to having you with us next time you are in town.

Safe travels
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Deb in the hanger cafe is an awesome waitress best service ever! People in this town not the nicest most are rude however deb was great very kind lady very helpful did not need to ask for refills she was on top of everything she also had a smile on her face the whole time:) I will definitely go there for lunch again!

Sheri,

Thanks for you kind comments about Deb, I will be sure to let her know she has met your expectaions, your feedback is appreciated, you are a valued guest and we look forward to seeing you in the near future.

Kindest regards,
Negaunee, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The exterior was okay. The side door's security lock was broke. Halls were dirty. Room was clean but very run down. Beds were very uncomfortable. We went to the pool and found one hot tub was broke, second was filthy. Foamy with black film. The pool was acceptable with a fun slide. This was the only positive I could find.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Katie,

As per correspondence look forward to meeting with you next time you are in Williston, as our property is readying for a full renovation. You are a valied guest and we look forward to having you with us in the future.

Kindest regards,
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The advertising showed an awesome pool and spa but when we arrived we couldn't swim because what wasn't shut down was dirty and stunk was afraid to let my kids even get in. The room was filthy stains on everything and the floor hadn't been vacuumed. The women at the front desk offered no help and where extremely rude. We paid almost 200 for one night and I would have left but I was refused a refund. Hookers hung outside all night and the smell is awful. If your going to spend the money go else where.

Kyla,

As per correspondence look forward talking to you and/or the person the room was reserved by , I apologize for any inconvenience you encoutered and as per correspondence love to meet with you next time your in town.

You are a valued guest and we look forward to seeing you again.

Best regards,
Casper, Wyoming
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014 via mobile

I'm not a complainer but I feel the need to stop people from staying here. Pictures on the website I booked threw showed newly remodeled rooms but I don't think anyone has touched this place since the 70's. The air conditioner didnt work, beds are uncomfortable, sink handle fell off, food at the restaurant isn't that good. Best part about this place is it has beer so you can drink the sorrow away for staying here.

• Stayed August 2014
Tom R, General Manager at Grand Williston Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, August 15, 2014
Scott,

As mentioned in correspondence prior, we are sorry for any inconvenience you encountererd and I look forward to meeting with you next time your in town, as mentioned prior pictures on our website are indeed existing property as we ready for a property renovation.

Once again you are a valued guest and we look forward to having you with us in the future.

Best regards,
Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

I’m surprised by the negative reviews of this hotel. I stayed here recently with my mom and my son, had a great time in the pool and the restaurant was nice. Yes, the hallways are not immaculate like you would expect at a 5 star. But the room was clean, I felt safe and it was not noisy and I had a good sleep. I guess when I pay as little as this cost to stay here, I feel like I got good value for my money. I think what this comes down to is people have problems with the other clientele. If you don’t want to share accomodations with hard working blue collar men and women, drive your car (with the oil and gas they are creating) and pay 50 dollars a night more down the road.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Tom R, General Manager at Grand Williston Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, August 1, 2014
Dear We2traveltheworld,

Thank you for your comments, as we are striving daily to be the BEST in Williston! We will be doing a renovation of the total property forthcoming.

You are a valued guest and we appreciate your business and look forward to having you stay with us in the near future and I look forward to meeting with you.

Safe travels & Best regards!

Been to Grand Williston Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!