“HAVE to sleep here” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 22 Hotels in Williston
Denver, Colorado
“HAVE to sleep here”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

We stay at this hotel because our company makes us. The pillows are so old and flat that you have to stack them to sleep, the comforters stink, and the carpets are dirty, and they turned my white socks black. We were told that the shuttle car won't be there because the Minot hotel needs it and "you will just have to find your own ride here. We asked "how do we get to the hotel then" "I don't know.” was her response on the phone. We have standing reservations, her response “I don't know what you want me to do about it. The car isn't here" "What about the Missouri Flats shuttle, can't they give us a ride?" "Well they can if they have a driver's license". We ended up getting a ride from a coworker that lives in Williston. Then we talked to her as we checked in and she became worse with her snide, coarse, and contempt answers. When I suggested to my coworkers that we go across the street, The Hampton Inn, because they have a shuttle to get us back to work in the morning, her response was "yea but they are $300 a night” my response was "yea and my company pays for it not me” but we stayed and decided to write a formal complaint to our corporate office.

The breakfast selection is horrible. The next morning we were told by this same miserable person that Corporate "won't let me open the door" for us to grab 2 cups of coffee, maybe 2 bowls of cereal, and 1 order of toast. "It costs too much money to open the door 30 minutes early just for you." Found out a week later when I was back in town that this same fill-in-overnight-front-desk-gal had gossiped to other employees including the ones at the Missouri Flats, that I, specifically, was rude to her when, in reality, this conversation had taken place with 2 other people contributing to it but I was the only one that was "rude" to her. We all had a good laugh.

Heather, the regular gal, is the best and she is good at her job. She knows that corporate doesn't want the breakfast doors open early but she does it knowing that we just want a little something to get us started and then she drives us to work. Her problem solving skills are fantastic, she calls the other hotel and has the shuttle come get us and pick us up in the morning. She takes initiative, friendly, smart and she knows how to handle people and she is a professional. She is what keeps your place in good standing. Heather is great at her job.

Room Tip: rooms upstairs are good
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Salt Lake City, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

Was pleasantly surprised at the professionalism and the courtesy of the reservations desk when I called today to make reservations for late November. Brianna made an amazing first impression and went well above and beyond to help me find rooms during a typically very busy time of the year. Really looking forward to staying with them in November!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Williston, North Dakota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

I booked this hotel for a special occasion in my family. When I met my family there, there were paper signs on the door that says cats are on premises. Now these aren't just guest cats that are confined to rooms, these cats roam free throughout the whole hotel. I would not have booked this hotel for my family as there are severe, and I do mean severe, allergies to cats. I was mortified to see the cats on the furniture and, if you happened to open your door, they came into the room and were up on the bed immediately. Needless to say, this has caused an allergic reaction in myself that is hard to control. Nowhere on your site does it mention this. Your front desk staff were rude and did not come across as professional in appearance and in service. I will not recommend this hotel to anyone!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012 via mobile

I really enjoyed my stay here the young lady at the front desk was very helpful and gave me directions to multiple places in town, I believe her name is Heather Sanders. I would definitely stay here again when I come back to town for business.

• Stayed October 2012
Zebulon, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

We stayed here while traveling along the Lewis & Clark trail in 2007, so when we planned to be in the area again this year we decided to stay once again. Getting to it was a bit of a challenge because of road construction, but there we were pleased with our room. The rooms are clean and, well, roomy, and the beds are comfortable. Every member of the staff was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Maple Park, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

We stayed at the Marquis Plaza & Suites in Williston, in early July 2012. I think the problems we experienced are due to the current oil boom, and difficulties workers have in finding housing. However, the price of the room was incredibly inflated. The receptionist behind the front desk treated us with suspicion every time we interacted with her -- at check-in, she insisted on taking a photocopy of my driver's license, even though she'd swiped our credit card. Later in the evening, I stopped at the desk to see if she had a pair of scissors I could borrow for about 10 minutes. She gave me another suspicious look and said she'd have to check with the manager -- she picked up the phone & dialed, as I stood there staring at 2 pairs of scissors lying on the desk. (He apparently said, "Let the lady use the scissors!")
The room was clean and quite adequate -- if the price of the room had been $80-90 less, in line with the rest of the country, I would have given this hotel a "4." But for the price we paid, I expected a little more "upscale" atmosphere. I felt that we 2 middle-aged Midwestern married tourists were treated like riff-raff that needed to be watched every minute. We probably won't be back until the oil business slacks off.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

The first thing I noticed is the musty swell in the room and there are only two pillows on a queen size bed. The hot water has not worked for two days and we were not told this at check-in. The pool was closed and they did not know when they would open it again. The ice machine on the second floor did not work. The 200 range of rooms and the 300 range or on the same floor so it is a bit confusing. The breakfast was also very poor quality.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
MarquisNicole, Manager at Marquis Plaza and Suites, responded to this review, August 8, 2012
We would first off like to Thank you for your Review, we alway appreciate the feedback. I would first like to address the musty room and two pillows on our Queen Beds, Our Standard Rooms come with two standard pillows with an extra pillow in the Dresser Drawer, we appologize for not notifying you of that location. As for the room having a musty smell, we have had our Housekeeping Manager check out the room and come to no conclusion on what the musty smell could have been as it is no longer present.
Like any business we have experienced a failure in some of our Equipment, our Water Heater and Pool Heater, and because of the economy in Williston and Surrounding Williston we are having a issue with getting them repaired in a timely manner.
The 300's is an addtion to our property and because of the location we decided to number the rooms in the 300's, I do appologize for the Staff not giving you proper instructions throughout the hotel. The Ice Machine was out of service, for its monthly reapir, and we do have two ice machines located on the premisis. We offer an Executive Continental Breakfast which includes: Waffles, Omlettes, Sausage, Muffins, Breads, Cereals, Fruit, Assorted Juices and Coffee which we feel is excellent quality.
Again, Thank you for your review and we hope you can reconsider coming back to stay with us again.

Been to Marquis Plaza and Suites? Share your experiences!