“Stay away if you can” 2 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1525 9th Ave. NW, Williston, ND 58801-3871   |
Ranked #5 of 23 Hotels in Williston
“Stay away if you can”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

The first thing I noticed is the musty swell in the room and there are only two pillows on a queen size bed. The hot water has not worked for two days and we were not told this at check-in. The pool was closed and they did not know when they would open it again. The ice machine on the second floor did not work. The 200 range of rooms and the 300 range or on the same floor so it is a bit confusing. The breakfast was also very poor quality.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
MarquisNicole, Manager at Marquis Plaza and Suites, responded to this review, August 8, 2012
We would first off like to Thank you for your Review, we alway appreciate the feedback. I would first like to address the musty room and two pillows on our Queen Beds, Our Standard Rooms come with two standard pillows with an extra pillow in the Dresser Drawer, we appologize for not notifying you of that location. As for the room having a musty smell, we have had our Housekeeping Manager check out the room and come to no conclusion on what the musty smell could have been as it is no longer present.
Like any business we have experienced a failure in some of our Equipment, our Water Heater and Pool Heater, and because of the economy in Williston and Surrounding Williston we are having a issue with getting them repaired in a timely manner.
The 300's is an addtion to our property and because of the location we decided to number the rooms in the 300's, I do appologize for the Staff not giving you proper instructions throughout the hotel. The Ice Machine was out of service, for its monthly reapir, and we do have two ice machines located on the premisis. We offer an Executive Continental Breakfast which includes: Waffles, Omlettes, Sausage, Muffins, Breads, Cereals, Fruit, Assorted Juices and Coffee which we feel is excellent quality.
Again, Thank you for your review and we hope you can reconsider coming back to stay with us again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

I stayed a full week at the Marquis and was very comfortable! My room was clean and the staff were very, very helpful and courteous. The complimentary breakfast turned out to a huge plus based on how busy the town has become. It was nice to be able to get up, eat a quick breakfast and start my busy day.

As the town expands, I plan to make the Marquis my go to hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Everett, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

It hard to get an on line room in Williston due to the oil boom. We made arrangements through AAA after on line indicated nothing available in town. The room was really great,clean and large, service was great. A lot of the area has heavy traffic and dust and dirt that accompanies the industry. Easy accessibility to the hotel, friendly and helpful staff. The complementary breakfast was not of the caliber to beat out a local North Dakota restaurant for breakfast.

Room Tip: Get a list of the hotels and call them directly. I was informed that on line is difficult and they u...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Boston MA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

My son and I arrived at the Williston train station via the Empire Builder. I call the Marquis motel and spoke to Chelsea who was the desk clerk at the time. We spoke to Chelsea around 12:45pm and she was waiting on new arrivals to the hotel. She said to us, I will be down to pick you up as soon as I can. It didn't take her more than 15-20 minutes out of her busy schedule to pick us up and check us in to the motel. She should be commended for her professionalism and pleasant demeanor. The hotel was clean and well kept up. We would make the Marquis Motel in Williston our first coice the next we are in the Western North Dakota vicinity.

williston our first choice the next time we are in the area.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2012

My Husband stayed here for 9 days recently and had absolutely no problems whatsoever the entire time. They had it booked up one of the nights he was staying but they moved things around as soon as they could so he didn't have to leave the hotel for one night. We came here this time just for one night and it was very clean and the bed is very comfy. It may not be a 5 star hotel but who wants to pay for that anyway? It was just what we needed and anything u find that is this nice in Williston right now is a blessing! By the way, call them, or any hotel here right now, instead of looking online. The Internet doesn't keep up with last minute cancellations and we were able to call the day of our stay and get a room, which if u know the area right now, u know that's lucky!

• Stayed May 2012
Brazil, IN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2012

Went to Williston to interview with Amtrak and the interview was at this hotel. It was very short notice and I traveled from Indiana to get there. They knew I wanted to stay there the whole time and kept me updated until I got my entire stay there. The last night I was to be there the room I was to go in had been trashed from the ones checking out, so they put me in a suite at no additional cost. Allen, Dany, and Heather (front desk clerks) were great. There was a housekeeper that got my room ready on the last day and was right on it, but I don't remember her name. I did get to meet the management from their sister hotel the Missouri, also great. I would pick this hotel over any of the others when I have to go back, and hopefully that is soon. What makes this stand out, is the fact they do not have a lack of customers in that area, but just the opposite, but the service was like hotels should be when they compete for customers.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
New Castle, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2012

Great place to stay, clean, nice rooms, newer hotel in the area. Continental breakfast in the morning is enough to get you started.
If your boots are muddy they ask you to clean them before you enter.
The wireless internet work good.
I stayed there one day and would stay there again.

Room Tip: Book early
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business

Been to Marquis Plaza and Suites? Share your experiences!