“I will be back!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 22 Hotels in Williston
Denver, Colorado
“I will be back!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

I stayed a full week at the Marquis and was very comfortable! My room was clean and the staff were very, very helpful and courteous. The complimentary breakfast turned out to a huge plus based on how busy the town has become. It was nice to be able to get up, eat a quick breakfast and start my busy day.

As the town expands, I plan to make the Marquis my go to hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Everett, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

It hard to get an on line room in Williston due to the oil boom. We made arrangements through AAA after on line indicated nothing available in town. The room was really great,clean and large, service was great. A lot of the area has heavy traffic and dust and dirt that accompanies the industry. Easy accessibility to the hotel, friendly and helpful staff. The complementary breakfast was not of the caliber to beat out a local North Dakota restaurant for breakfast.

Room Tip: Get a list of the hotels and call them directly. I was informed that on line is difficult and they u...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Boston MA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

My son and I arrived at the Williston train station via the Empire Builder. I call the Marquis motel and spoke to Chelsea who was the desk clerk at the time. We spoke to Chelsea around 12:45pm and she was waiting on new arrivals to the hotel. She said to us, I will be down to pick you up as soon as I can. It didn't take her more than 15-20 minutes out of her busy schedule to pick us up and check us in to the motel. She should be commended for her professionalism and pleasant demeanor. The hotel was clean and well kept up. We would make the Marquis Motel in Williston our first coice the next we are in the Western North Dakota vicinity.

williston our first choice the next time we are in the area.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2012 via mobile

My Husband stayed here for 9 days recently and had absolutely no problems whatsoever the entire time. They had it booked up one of the nights he was staying but they moved things around as soon as they could so he didn't have to leave the hotel for one night. We came here this time just for one night and it was very clean and the bed is very comfy. It may not be a 5 star hotel but who wants to pay for that anyway? It was just what we needed and anything u find that is this nice in Williston right now is a blessing! By the way, call them, or any hotel here right now, instead of looking online. The Internet doesn't keep up with last minute cancellations and we were able to call the day of our stay and get a room, which if u know the area right now, u know that's lucky!

• Stayed May 2012
Brazil, IN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2012

Went to Williston to interview with Amtrak and the interview was at this hotel. It was very short notice and I traveled from Indiana to get there. They knew I wanted to stay there the whole time and kept me updated until I got my entire stay there. The last night I was to be there the room I was to go in had been trashed from the ones checking out, so they put me in a suite at no additional cost. Allen, Dany, and Heather (front desk clerks) were great. There was a housekeeper that got my room ready on the last day and was right on it, but I don't remember her name. I did get to meet the management from their sister hotel the Missouri, also great. I would pick this hotel over any of the others when I have to go back, and hopefully that is soon. What makes this stand out, is the fact they do not have a lack of customers in that area, but just the opposite, but the service was like hotels should be when they compete for customers.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
New Castle, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2012

Great place to stay, clean, nice rooms, newer hotel in the area. Continental breakfast in the morning is enough to get you started.
If your boots are muddy they ask you to clean them before you enter.
The wireless internet work good.
I stayed there one day and would stay there again.

Room Tip: Book early
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2012

Stayed here for 2 weeks in January for business. City is very busy. Hotel has breakfast in the morning, (cereal, yogurt, pancakes, orange juice, sausage). Staff good, housekeeping very good. Hotel has a good look in the common areas, rooms look dated and cheap. Does have free wireless internet.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business

Been to Marquis Plaza and Suites? Share your experiences!