“Very nice hotel and even nicer staff” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #7 of 22 Hotels in Williston
Anchorage, Alaska, United States
“Very nice hotel and even nicer staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

Stayed 5 days while I scoped out oil field support opportunities. Will be staying here often. Would recommend this hotel for business or family trips. Had my bride and 6 month old baby with me. It was great.

Room Tip: Choose a north room to reduce noise from Walmart.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Chrissy E, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Williston Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, April 13, 2013
Charles,

Thank you so much for your kind words about our property. We very much enjoyed having your family stay with us! I am very pleased that you were more than happy with all that our hotel has to offer, and your compliments will definitely be heard by all of our staff members!

Your continued trust in our property, staff, and our brand is important to us, and we will do what it takes to maintain these items so that you can expect the same experience every time you come to visit us. Our guests are becoming like family and I am so happy that you are now a part of this.

We look forward to seeing you in the future!

Safe Travels,

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

Came here for a weekend... not a five star but very nice... clean cozy rooms and comfy bed!!! ;-). The staff was very helpful and accommodating... loved the breakfast lady she was funny and she remembered I don't eat Pork... Lol!!! Will stay again!!! Thank You BWP Williston Family!!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Chrissy E, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Williston Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Trinivy23,

Your review made me smile! I showed Koody (our breakfast attendant) and she remembered you! It is because of guests like you that our staff enjoys their job so much. You hit the nail on the head when you mentioned the "BWP family" because this is the attitude that we work so hard to achieve. Our guests are becoming just like family!

I greatly appreciate your taking the time to review our hotel. I was happy to hear that you enjoyed all that our property has to offer! It is our goal to provide a comfortable stay with all amenities that are promised, and for our guests' experience to be exactly as they expect and deserve.

Thank you for choosing us as your Williston hotel; we hope to see you again soon!

Billings, Montana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

Newer hotel in convenient location. Staff was very friendly. Glad who worked in the kitchen area was happy and friendly. She made everyone smile and feel at home. Rooms were clean and spacious. Bed and pillows great. Work desk needed am addition pull out desk under the original. Original desk to high to sit and work at. Breakfast good. A little pricey compared to other hotels but much cleaner and newer than lower priced, see hotel.

• Stayed March 2013
Jennifer S,

Thank you so much for your kind words about our property! We are so happy that you chose us to accommodate you while you were visiting Williston! I will be sure to let the staff and Koody (our breakfast attendant) know about your comments.

We are working towards getting the appropriate furniture to accommodate the work stations in the rooms-- I hope this was not too much of an inconvenience for you!

In response to the pricing: Best Western offers a handful of discounts that offer a special price for our guests. Next time you are in town, please be sure to ask about these offers so that we can see what we can do as far as getting you a better rate.

Thank you again, we appreciate your business and hope to have you back at our property in the future!

Chicago
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

I have found myself staying in more Best Western Hotels because of the markets I have traveled to. I really don't like stale, corporate hotels but can handle BW and hamptons.

To put things in perspective, I use a computer like most in America. Yet the desk I am typing in is more of a desk/bar table with a chair suitable for a desk. The most uncomfortable work space in an otherwisr reasonable accomodatoin (price in ND are always way too much for what you get).

What else....
-no materials for where to eat/go
-no newspapers
-Ikea lights that try to appear hip, but don't light up the room to even read my own materials
-no pool
-fitness center is weak
-main floor is in tile showing all dirt (at least carpet covers it)
-TV blaring in lobby and service is questionable
-why is only an elevator an option going to 3rd level--stairs are out of sight out of mind. A few people here would do well by stairs.
-cheap finishes
-hotel looks over Walmart
-long ways to downtown and entertainment...need to drive
-cheap wood construction...floors shake after I found stairs

On a positive note, nice breakfast, great bed for sleeping, good sized rooms (not overly large like Sidney), quiet, free wifi, easy parking, etc.

I have come to understand, this is what you get in Williston. Clearly, they can't get quality help or even designers of hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Chrissy E, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Williston Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
JTCFIA,

I would first off like to thank you for taking the time to write a review about us here on TripAdvisor. I would also like to take the time to apologize; I am sorry that your stay with us was less than you expected. As a brand new property, we are open to any and all feedback that our guests are willing to leave for us as it brings awareness as to what items we can fix or change in order to prevent similar issues for future guests.

In response to the working space; we do have more accomodating furniture on its way. There was confusion during the initial furniture order and this has since been corrected. We are waiting on the new furniture to arrive so that we can get that in there and get those rooms more suitable for our business travelers. I do apologize if this was an inconvenience to you.

In response to some of the other things that you mentioned: we have material down at the front desk for our guests which provide information on local restaurants and menus, area attractions, and other information that we find helpful for our guests. I encourage you to call down to the front desk and we are always more than happy to assist you with any questions. Also, you noticed that our pool was not available. We will have a 24 hour pool and hot tub on site, but unfortunately, this is not open yet.

All in all, I do hope that you will consider giving our property a try again in the future. We would love to change your mind and show you that we are constantly improving our product so that our guests will want to return. Thank you again for taking the time to review our property. I appreciate your constructive feedback as well as the mention of the positive aspects of your stay.

I hope to see you in the future!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

A brand new hotel -- roomy and comfortable and clean.
The hot breakfast was superb. Thanks to Heidi and the rest of the staff for a great stay.
The only downsides -- it was a tad pricey and the pool/hot tub wasn't quite finished.
I would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013
Chrissy E, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Williston Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Dear crgroams,

Thank you so much for taking the time to tell us about your stay. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with us! Our staff is constantly doing whatever it takes to make sure that our guests are comfortable and satisfied while they are staying with us.

I will also be sure to let Heidi and the rest of the staff know that you specifically mentioned them in your review. It is a pleasure to hear the positive feedback!

Thanks again and we hope to have you back again soon!

Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

I realize this is a new hotel, but many things were not funcitoning properly such as the rear access door which was set too low and hung up on the floor mat allowing the door to stick open in freesing weather, the lamps in the room did not have light bulbs and behind the lounge chair was broken glass and garbage, the halls were full of gargabe and dirty and the hot water for showing was not funcioning properly (warm at best). I also realize it had been snowing earlier in the day but none of the sidewalks or entry ways were cleared from the recent snow, which led to very slippery condintions. In the morning at our departure the snow still had not been cleared. I did report some of these things to the hostess but others such as snow removal should not have to be reproted. In general management appears to be lacking.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Chrissy E, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Williston Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Matthew,

I first off would like to thank you for your taking the time to write a review about our hotel. I would also like to thank you for booking with us. Your feedback was logged in our front desk log book on the day of your departure and the immediate issues were resolved immediately (lightbulbs were installed, the debris was cleared behind the chair, etc.) so thank you for letting us know so that we could resolve the issue quickly. In all honesty, this should not have been an issue in the first place, and because it was, I apologize.

As a new building, we are working out some of the construction "bugs". I will immediately send maintenance up to the room that you stayed in to ensure that the water temperature and pressure is working correctly, and if not, this will be fixed immediately. I do apologize for this inconvenience.

We are also aware of the door issues that we have been having. Unfortunately, the back door was a construction flaw and we are looking into what we can do to adjust that. The exterior front door has been freezing due to the below zero weather, but we have since installed a heater to prevent this from happening and that seems to have solved the problem.

In response to the debris in the hallways and behind the chair in your room - this has already been addressed with housekeeping. This is unacceptable and not the way that we keep our hotel on a daily basis. It is our goal to provide a clean and presentable product for our guests in all guest rooms and guest corridors alike.

I can assure you that we are constantly working to improve the quality of our property. It is extremely helpful when guests like you provide feedback, whether it is good or bad, so that we are able to fix these items quickly and learn where our attention may need to be shifted.

Thank you so much for taking the time to tell us about your stay. I do hope that you will consider us for future accomodations in Williston so that we can change your mind about our property.

Please contact me directly for any further questions. Thanks again Matthew!

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

Friendly and efficient staff from the start. Checking in was fast, and the breakfast was very good. Everything in the hotel is new. The rooms were nice, and very quiet. No complaints, everyone was very helpful. I will definitely choose to stay here again when I'm in Williston.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Chrissy E, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Williston Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Michael,

I am so happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with us! On behalf of the entire staff here, I would like to thank you for choosing us to accomodate you! We are constantly doing what we can to create the best experience for our guests by providing a clean room, all of the amenities as promised, and a warm welcome every day and night from our entire staff!

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We look forward to hosting you again on your next trip!

Chrissy Emerson

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Williston Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!