“I'll Be Back” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 22 Hotels in Williston
Apple Valley, Minnesota
“I'll Be Back”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

Great customer service, roomy and clean hotel suite, awesome work-space in suite, breakfasts to die for, location location, and satisfying reception food and drink and the end of a hectic day. I especially appreciate the privacy that I was given. I don't like to be bothered with housekeeping during my trips and prefer to request service when needed. At other hotels, I receive nasty notes under my door if I have the "privacy please" sign out 2 or more days. There was NONE OF THAT here. :-) I agree that is it a little pricey, but probably comparable to other hotels considering the current economic situation in Williston ND.

Next time I'm here on business, this is where I'll stay.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dana L, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Williston, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
It was our pleasure to be your "home away from home" on your visit to Williston. We've put a lot of thought into our breakfast, since it is the most important meal of the day! I'm glad you found it satisfying. If you ever have any comments or suggestions to make it even better, don't hesitate to let me know.

When business brings you to town again, please give us a call, we'll be more than happy to set up your next stay with us here at the Hampton!

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

Well staffed and clean newer Hampton Inn in Williston - hotel personnel are very friendly and rooms are well appointed, good job to all! This location also offers a reception with some beverages and food. I look forward to my next visit to this location, pricing a little high but understandable for the local economy.

• Stayed March 2013
We loved having you here! I'm so glad you found our hotel comfortable and friendly, we employee the best personnel in all departments to make sure our guests have an enjoyable experience.

I also look forward to your next visit to Williston! If there is anything we can do to make your next reservation or you have special requests for your next stay, please feel welcome to call me or any one of our front desk staff.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

Good service, clean, comfortable, spacious room. Extensive free breakfast. I have stayed in a number of hotels over the past few years from Copenhagen to San Francisco and this is the first one with HD TV channels and lots of them!

• Stayed February 2013
Dana L, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Williston, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
We're happy you choose us for your stay in Williston! I'm glad you enjoyed your visit.. All of us here at the Hampton strive to create the best experience for our guests, but sometimes the property and amenities speak for themselves the best!

Please let me know if I can assist you with any future stays you may have in Williston.

Knoxville
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

First off, this is Williston, ND. A location where a multitude of hotels have been contructed over a short period of time. I can say with certainty the this hotel was built without sacrificing any standards of quality. The hotel is clean throughout, non smoking and offers a comforting surrounding on entering. My suite was a third floor room and was certainly one of the best rooms I have been accomodated in at a Hampton. Having a fridge and microwave can be important when the outside conditions are not favorable of running out for a snack. The credenza work area is important to my line of work and the latest Hamton work space offerings are surpassed by no other. The hotel is a three to four minute drive from almost all local restaurants (there are not many) and located away from the traffic and noise to the north of the city. The staff at this hotel were not only friendly, they were very accomodating in a time of turbulent travel plans. Yes, this hotel has a less lenient cancellation or change policy and that is to be understood with the location and demand. While traveling to Williston poor weather diverted our aircarft which was going to result in a 24 hour delay. I contacted the Hampton in Williston directly and expected to follow the rules. I notified them I would be late arriving, still wanted to keep my resrvation and understood I needed to pay for my missed night. Not only did the staff accomodate reservation changes, they worked out a better rate, extended my stay and asked if any other guests were traveling with me. There were and they did the same for them. I go with the chain that provides the best customer service and accomodations. After other employees had similar issues in this area and were not treated as well I was by the Hampton staff, be cautious with the hotels you book your stay at in Williston. Others are not as generous as my coworkers have discovered.

Room Tip: High floor away from elevator
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your gracious review of our property! I am happy to hear your stay exceeded your expectations for this area. I take great pride in having on hand a curteous and professional staff to accomodate guests in all areas from housekeeping to front desk and everywhere in between!

I'm sorry to hear your travels plans did not go as smoothly, I'm glad we were able to accomodate you and your fellow travelmates. Plan can diviate course so quickly when it comes to weather and planes.

We hope to see you again soon! Please feel welcome to contact me personally or anyone of our front desk staff if you have any future visits to the Williston area.

Pasco, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

Very nice hotel, yet it's barely 3 months old! I enjoyed my stay, but I checked in at 9pm and checked out the next morning by 8am. Not much time to really enjoy the hotel.

The Good: The free hot breakfast (buffet style) is awesome, as are the free breakfast to go bags. The rooms are clean and nice inside. Staff is very friendly and helpful. Really did an awesome job for us (Mlisa).

The Bad: Way, way, way overpriced. Yes all the hotels in Williston are taking advantage of the Williston housing market and charging top dollar for rooms, but $249-$299 for one night is ridiculous!! Second, they have no shuttle either to the Amtrak Train Station (2.3 miles away), nor to the airport (3-5 miles away). They claim insurance costs are too high. You are left to take a Taxi (as I did) or rent a car. That 2.3 miles cast me $12.50 and the hotel is not close to much.

If I go to Williston again, I will not be staying here unless some changes are made. Thank goodness more hotels are being built and should be ready next year. Then maybe this price gouging will stop.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dana L, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Williston, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
I appreciate you chosing us for your stay this December. We try very hard to maintain a clean and comfortable hotel for our guests.

The issues you raise are completely valid. We understand we are in the higher tier for rates in this area and try our best to cushion that with top of the line amenities and wonderful staff. As far as shuttle service is concerned we hope to have that available in the future but as of now, unfortunately it's not an available option.

Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns, I'd be mroe than happy to talk with you!

Brainerd
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

Clean, comfortable, and the breakfast was wonderful. I wish I had gotten her name, but whoever the clerk was on the 22nd of October - was incredible. She started out our stay with such a welcome feel.

Great place to stay. Will definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: The suite was AWESOME. Fantastic area for working - a long bar with chairs and a TV at the end. Lo...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
I'm so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us! Beejay is a wonderful front desk clerk for our property, I'm glad she made you feel so welcome at check in. We try very hard to make our hotel feel like your home away from home.

I hope you visit us again soon!

Chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012 via mobile

This hotel is brand new and furnished accordingly. Spacious, clean, and stylish, with a TV system better than most hotels. They lose a star for the breakfast service - I came down at about 8:30 on a Sunday and almost everything was out of stock. The food I was able to scrounge up was comparable to other Hamptons. Yes, rooms are expensive, but nothing comes cheap in Williston. This Place will be my first choice the next time I visit the oil patch.

• Stayed November 2012
Thank you for being our guest. I promise next time you are in town our breakfast won't disappoint! I'm sorry to hear that it wasn't up to our standards on your first visit. I've looked into the issue and made sure we continue to keep our breakfast buffet full and fresh all morning.

Please let me know if I can be of any service - whether it's for general questions about the area, making room reservations, or anything in between!

Dana Livings, General Manager

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Williston? Share your experiences!