“Wonderful Homemade Food -Family Owned-Great Price!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #20 of 72 Restaurants in Rome
Cuisines: American
Camden, New York
“Wonderful Homemade Food -Family Owned-Great Price!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

When people ask me what my favorite local restaurant is, I always say Eddie's Diner! It's the only restaurant I go to and have to decide on which of my favorites I should have. Most restaurants you go to, you have one favorite and that's what you order every time. Fish fry on Fridays is a local favorite at any restaurant in the area, but Eddie's is the best, bar none! Many people I know have said this to me when discussing where we happen to be going for "Fishfry Night". The side dish of mac & cheese is to die for! Then, there's the Ft. Stanwix chef salad which is awesome! You will get strips of real, hand sliced ham, turkey & cheese, along with a hard boiled egg, lettuce, tomato, purple cabbage, tiny slices of carrots and I only ever get their Italian dressing, which is amazing, so I can't advise on any of the other dressings. You will receive a huge salad that is difficult to finish in one seating. I recently tried their homemade vegetable beef soup and it had so much flavor and such a great variety of vegetables and pasta, I loved the flavor and most vegetable soups that I've had out were horrible. So, I'm very picky about my vegetable soup. I have to go on because a couple of years ago I tried their corn beef reuben sandwich and cabbage for St. Patrick's Day and i LOVED it! I had never tried one before and was very skeptical, and I've tried others since and none were nearly as tasty. Loved the cabbage too. Also, there's the pulled pork which is done in a smoker. Again, I've never been big on pulled pork, but this had a quality and taste you would not believe! The restaurant is as described in other reviews, has an old fashion charm with unbelievably great food at great prices...what's not to love?

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

New York City, New York
“Comfort Food At It's Best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

Rare old 1940s metal exterior pullman car style diner with excellent comfort food at unbelievable prices. Family owned friendly atmosphere with booth and stool counter seating. A breakfast/brunch must with daily dinner specials that will bring you back to a time when was made you feel good and dessert was a heavenly ending to dinner.

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Awesome throwback diner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

We go here for breakfast often and it is always good! I love the style and setup and the customers are all friendly w each other too! Just a great down home feel!

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Westmoreland, New York, United States
“Diner food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Eddies is a typical diner in the old style. Booth eating or at the counter. Lots of comfort food. Prices are reasonable. Nothing fancy.

Syracuse, New York
“If you love diners, go here”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

We made this our lunch break between the International Boxing Hall of Fame in Canastota and Ft. Stanwix, which is just a couple of blocks from the diner. Truly a classic diner experience. Earlier positive reviews have said it all. We had breakfast for lunch, and it was great, but we watched the cook carve a crisp, golden, steaming turkey for the day's special and wished we'd ordered that. Staff were terrific. Great fun.

Visited March 2013