“Very welcoming” 4 of 5 stars

Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #9 of 21 Hotels in Fort Smith
“Very welcoming”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

We stayed here with a large group of middle and high schoolers for a robotics competition. The location was perfect, because most events were at the adjoining convention center. The staff was very welcoming, helpful and patient. They provided extra spaces for practice, setup and group meals. My only complaint is that there is no way to get to or from the first floor by stairs, which would have been very helpful since the elevators were constantly full.

• Stayed November 2012
Barbara I, General Manager at Holiday Inn Fort Smith-City Center, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Thank you for writing a review of our hotel. I certainly agree, we are in a wonderful location with such easy access to the beautiful and historic downtown area. I am so disappointed you could not find the stairs from the first floor. As we often do during conventions, we kept the door open so that guests could find an easy access to the lower floors during times when the elevators are full. The next time you are here we will make sure you are able to locate them. I am also happy that you found, as all our guests do, our staff to be friendly and helpful. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Fort Smith.

Barbara Israel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

Went to Fort Smith for a wedding.... We stayed at this hotel and this was the location of the reception. Let me tell you...the accommodations were great and the reception was fabulous. The staff was very professional and friendly and did a great job. Lots of history and fun things to see within walking distance. We will be back just to vacation.

Room Tip: We were on the top floor but didn't hear any complaints from other family members. The hotel wa...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Barbara I, General Manager at Holiday Inn Fort Smith-City Center, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Thank you for taking time to review our wonderful hotel. I agree, the weddings and receptions that are held here are always amazing. As you noted, we have a very talented and extremely professional staff who assure these events are orchestrated flawlessly. As you also noted, our location is amazing. Our downtown location is perfect with easy access to so many great restaurants and entertainment venues. We are so happy you had such a great time and enjoyed your stay. We look forward to having you back again soon.

Russellville, Arkansas, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

When walking through the front door, my attention was immediately drawn to the multi-story waterfall highlighted by a lighted glass elevator. An open area with seating and a nearby restaurant fill the inner area of the hotel, while the rooms line the perimeter of this openness for a great view from most places. The room included a sofa, desk, mini-fridge, and microwave. The only negative was the hotel's inability to allow guests to adjust their own thermostats, but a note was left in the room explaining the situation which included an offer to have someone come adjust it for you if needed. All staff were very friendly. I even received a goody bag and 1,000 points for joining the rewards program. Overall a great visit.

Room Tip: Most rooms have a view and the waterfall in earshot. Ask for a room down one of the interior halls...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Barbara I, General Manager at Holiday Inn Fort Smith-City Center, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our wonderful hotel. It sounds as though you enjoyed our beautiful lobby with the amazing three story waterfall. Thank you for noticing all of the wonderful amenities our guest rooms have as well. We look forward to having you back again the next time you are in Fort Smith.

Omaha, Nebraska
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Pros: Beautiful lobby, friendly employees, great downtown location close to historical sites, & adjecent to convention center.

Cons: Rooms are kind of dingy & outdated, breakfast buffet set-up is poor, limited parking.

Given a choice, I would stay at the nearby Courtyard.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate your wonderful comments on our beautiful hotel and for mentioning our friendly and dedicated staff. You are exactly correct in that we are located in the perfect downtown area and just a short walk to many fantastic restaurants and entertainment venues. We pride ourselves on maintaining an impeccably clean hotel, especially the guest rooms. The wonderful charm and ambiance of our hotel comes, in part, from its age. I am sorry you were not able to experience our beautiful updated guest rooms. Yes, as with all city center hotels, parking can be an issue during conventions. However, we have tons of parking available on both sides of the hotel and in the parking garage across the street. The next time you are here please allow us to direct you to more convenient parking. Again, thank you so much for your review and we hope you will stay with us again.

Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

My now wife and I stayed at the Holiday Inn for our wedding, along with our guests. We had about 10 rooms booked so we gave them some money, but they gave us a lot more than what we paid for. The guests checked in on Friday in the AM and needed an early check in. I spoke with one of the fantastic desk attendants and she said "I work 7am-3pm, when they get here have them talk to me and I will make sure they get in their room". I told our guest to ask for Brandi once they arrived and she would get them settled in and she did just that.

Jody, and Kimmee were also a delight. Helping any chance they could. Whether it was getting us our leftover ice cream cake from the back of the kitchen, to jaw jacking in the lobby they were a real treat. Also Lucinda was the one who organized our rooms and made sure the reservation times were extended for the guests who procrastinated.

To the complaints that can be fixed. The jacuzzi tub leaked when filled up and we couldn't keep any water in there. Some of the rooms didn't have refrigerators which isn't a big deal but its nice to have. I did not experience this but some of the guests said the bartender was inattentive and rude. I had the exact opposite experience but its worth noting either way. The breakfast was okay, but it could use something new each day like pancakes and free redbull!!!

Room Tip: All the rooms are the same except the playboy suite. I wouldn't recommend it unless you need the...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Barbara I, General Manager at Holiday Inn Fort Smith-City Center, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. It sounds like you were able to experience firsthand the exceptional customer service we provide. Our staff truly does care about the guest experience and it shows in everything we do. The next time you visit be sure to have breakfast and let us know what you think about the new additions to the breakfast bar like the new waffles and mini omelets. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012 via mobile

Elegant, welcoming, clean, and convenient that the hotel is connected to the Fort Smith Convention Center, since my daughter is an Irish Dancer competing there. We look forward to staying again next year! Thanks again!

• Stayed November 2012
Barbara I, General Manager at Holiday Inn Fort Smith-City Center, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Thank you so much for writting a review on our beautiful hotel. I could not have said it any better and I am so happy you enjoyed your stay. The entire staff at the Holiday Inn truely is committed to assuring every guest has the best stay possible. We look forward to seeing you again next year.

Coalgate, Oklahoma
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

When we arrived at the hotel the elevators were not working due to a power surge. We waited :50 minutes. When I asked for a coupon for lunch or rooms on a lower floor the manager said that would not be possible and that we had only been there a few minutes. I told her that was incorrect. She said this 2 more times, after which I asked her to please not say that again. She basically called me a liar without using the word and said she would check the van driver logs. After calling my company we finally got rooms on the 3rd floor.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Barbara I, General Manager at Holiday Inn Fort Smith-City Center, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write another review of our hotel. Once again, I appologize that the elevator was stuck between floors when you arrived at the hotel, causing you to have to wait for twenty minutes. When situations like this occur we do everything we can to take care of all our guests, especially any who may be involved in the situation. I am very pleased that were able to move you to a lower floor and that my staff was able to personally carry your bags to your rooms for you so that you did not have to. We apprecied your patience and understanding during this critical time.

Been to Holiday Inn Fort Smith-City Center? Share your experiences!