“Very nice banquet facilities” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #9 of 21 Hotels in Fort Smith
Arkansas
“Very nice banquet facilities”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

I've attended many events at the Holiday Inn City Center over the years. The most recent two in the past six months. The banquet facility, staff and food have always been excellent. If I had to plan a large event, I would book this hotel. (I am not reviewing this as a hotel stay, I live in this town and have only attended events, not stayed overnight.)

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Barbara I, General Manager at Holiday Inn Fort Smith-City Center, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed the banquet and catering functions you attended here at the Holiday Inn. Our Banquet and Catering Departments do a remarkable job with planning and orchestrating these events and yes, the food is always wonderful.

Barbara Israel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Blytheville, Arkansas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

I stayed there recently during a convention. Upon check-in, they asked for a $50 security deposit which they had not told us about when making reservations. Most of us were teachers and were paying with money/checks from purchase orders obtained through our schools at which we teach. Therefore, we had to pay the deposit out of our own pockets--credit card or cash. I do not use credit cards and had to pay with cash. Upon checkout, 6:30 a.m. on a Saturday, no one on that crew knew where the money would be so basically I had to wait until the day crew came on at 7:00 in order to check out. Parking was ATROCIOUS!!! I asked at check in where I could park and they said across the street in the parking garage on the second floor. Of course, I parked there and got a ticket. Power went out during a storm and was off for a very long time during a very hot stretch of weather. There were 4 of us in the group and we were all on separate floors, some had fridge and microwaves, some not. The food was not very good, greasy and bland. I will not stay there again during future conventions.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Barbara I, General Manager at Holiday Inn Fort Smith-City Center, responded to this review, August 13, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I apologize for any inconvenience you faced during your stay with us. As with all city center hotels, we too face parking challenges when it comes to complimentary parking. Although we have some complimentary parking in front of the hotel and in the parking garage, it goes fast during large conventions. There is more than ample parking available to our guests across the street in the same parking garage with minimal rates charged by the city. The convention center, as you know, is connected to our hotel and has vast amounts of complimentary parking as well. The power outage, which affected half of the city, certainly did not happen at a great time, but my staff responded in full force with fresh cookies and cold bottled water that we hoped you were able to enjoy. We were fortunate it only lasted a few hours. I am sorry you did not like the food that was provided by a local catering company for your convention. The next time you are in Fort Smith I hope you will try the wonderful restaurant here at our hotel, I know you will enjoy all it has to offer. Please contact me on my direct number at 479-494-3751 so that we might discuss this further.

Palmdale, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

This hotel was built when it was fashionable to face all the doors of the rooms onto an inner atrium. They fancied it up by having a five story waterfall cascade down steps along the exteriors of the two glass elevators. But while the building may have been built a while back, the management has kept up with the times as far as amenities and style of the rooms and common areas.

Our room was beautiful with an average amount of space. The bathroom was on the large side, and the front desk was more than willing to accomodate us when we discovered that we had forgotten a few things.

They had an indoor pool and my family was the only group out there running and splashing.

The hotel was located directly between the Convention Center and the County Court House. One street over were a bunch of eateries and some smaller shops. But I can't help but wish that the hotel had been more centrally located. That said, we would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and enjoyed the wonderful charm and ambiance of our hotel. We have people who return time and time again just to experience our beautiful waterfall. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Ashdown
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

Our room was fairly clean, but think it wasn't vacuumed before our check in and we were not left enough coffee or towels as there were 5 of us. The staff at the registration desk were very friendly and helpful even when my key card stopped working on several occasions. And after a storm and power was lost, all but one of the hotel staff were awesome. She seemed rather annoyed and loud, but everyone else jumped into making the best of the situation.

Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Barbara I, General Manager at Holiday Inn Fort Smith-City Center, responded to this review, August 9, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I was happy to hear you enjoyed our staff and found them to be friendly. The problem you experienced with not having enough towels and not getting your room vacumed is certainly not typical of our service. We pride ourselves on having an incredibly clean hotel with wonderfully friendly and helpful staff. We look forward to having you stay with us again and hope you will find all aspects of your stay to be perfect.

El Dorado, Arkansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

We spent a couple of days in the Fort Smith area last week and decided to utilize the Holiday Inn-City Center. The hotel was not as busy as it can be (according to the employees). We were greeted by them at every turn with friendly overtures and conversations. The suite we rented was clean, although the mattress was not the most comfortable (we both have back problems). Bathroom was clean. We ate at the restaurant twice, once for dinner (our daughter ate free), the next day for breakfast (she did not eat for free it was discounted $2). I will be complaining about one employee, who was rude and couldn't/didn't make proper change... but every place has one of those. The hot tub/spa was not working and the pool was cloudy, so it was a disappointment for our child, but she loved the waterfall and other areas. Also, breakfast wasn't worth the price. Our child did not eat for free from the buffet. I'm not too sure about how that whole "Kids eat for free" thing, but she did get a free dinner and it was wonderful. So, I'd advise to avoid their breakfast bar. We enjoyed numerous places within walking distance from the hotel, which was wonderful. Parking was convenient and once again, 99% of the employees were wonderful. I'd give it an excellent rating had their beds been pillow top. LOL. I would definitely stay there again. We also didn't have issues with the level of noise (on the third floor), as some others have stated.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I was so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and had such a good experience. I was however, disappointed to hear you were not offered the "kids eat free" program for breakfast because it is just as fantastic as our dinner program for kids. The breakfast bar is such an amazing deal that we do not offer the program for it but they could have ordered from the menu. Please contact me on my direct line and I would be happy to explain our childrens program to you. I can be contacted at 479-494-3751 at your convenience.

Hugo, OK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012 via mobile

This hotel is very dated. The decor throughout the hotel desperately needs an update. Our room was clean. But the bathroom was small and cramped. We wanted to order room service but they only offer breakfast. We then called to find out about vending machines and found out they are only on the 1st floor. This was annoying since we were on the 8th. Overall this hotel is average. If I found a similar hotel for the same rate I would stay somewhere else.

• Stayed August 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Some of the issues you faced during your stay are certainly not typical of our hotel. Yes, we are an older hotel which is what gives us so much of our charm. After all, you certainly do not find five story waterfalls in todays newer hotels. I was very disappointed to find out you were not able to order room service as we have a full service restaurant that serves the most wonderful food for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Please contact me on my direct line at 479 494-3751 so we can discuss your next visit to Fort Smith.

Pine Bluff, Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

The staff was very good and so was the service. The only thing I recommend to make it even better is to offer a gospel channel on the television choices. I suggest VTN out of Little Rock AR or Day Star or The Word Network so that all your guests have something in their interests.

I would give this Hotel a 10 0ut 0f 10 in every area except tv channels, (add a gospel channel, such as the ones mentioned above and you get a perfect score.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. OK...fair enough, I will look into adding another channel to our existing lineup. I am so happy you received such great service while staying with us. We look forward to having you back again next year...and getting a perfect 10.

Barbara Israel

Been to Holiday Inn Fort Smith-City Center? Share your experiences!