“Vegetables Like Mom (from Mississippi) used to make” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #39 of 218 Restaurants in Fort Smith
Cuisines: American
Poteau, Oklahoma
“Vegetables Like Mom (from Mississippi) used to make”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

Miss Anna's is the place for Southern and Louisiana style cooking in Ft. Smith. Arriving for lunch,we noticed an atmosphere of friendliness and "regulars" whom the waitresses called by name. Vegetables were excellent and "kickin chicken" was really "kickin'". Steak specials on weekends and daily specials. My "Yankee" husband enjoyed his hamburger. Several kinds of delicious fresh pies.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Fort Smith, Arkansas
“PIES to DIE FOR”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

the Food was more then I could eat in one sitting, so they provided me a carry out tray. I also went on free PIE day. I had so much food i could not eat the pie there so they packaged it up and sent it with me. When I sat down later to eat it OMG it was 1/4 a pie for free and OMG delicious.

Visited November 2013
“Pretty Good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Have been there a couple of times the past 2 weeks. Service is always friendly. I think they need to reduce their menu size a bit, too many selections for the cooks to master. Sweet potato fries are always good. The Reuben used to be good but last time was lacking on meat and kraut.

Fort Smith, Arkansas, United States
“Gotta Love Free Pie Tuesday!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

My husband and I went into Miss Anna's for lunch on a Tuesday, and we almost turned around because there were so many customers in there, but we decided to stick it out, and we were glad we did. Even with an insane number of people in there, they got us seated quickly, and took our order. My husband ate a burger and fries, and I had the ranch chicken wrap (which was amazing). Our boys split the mini corndog plate, and they really enjoyed that. After our meal, they asked what kind of pie we wanted, and we said we were too full. The waitress said, it's Free Pie Tuesday, and we can send it to go! We agreed, and took two slices of Key Lime Pie, which we ate later. It was very rich and creamy, and a pretty decent slice for being free. They also gave both of my boys a free cookie, even though they split a plate. I liked the food, the atmosphere was great, service was great and timely, and you can never go wrong with Free Pie Tuesday!

Visited May 2013
“Good Down Home Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

This is a really good place to go for down home food, friendly service and reasonable prices. Typical diner style decor and food. Can't imagine anyone not being pleased with this place. I've been here several times and have always left happy. I've heard that every Tuesday is "Free Slice Of Pie" day. And their pies are excellent, they serve an excellent Rueben and their sweet potato fries are a must try.

• Visited February 2013