“Best Location in Fort Smith” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #7 of 22 Hotels in Fort Smith
Michigan
“Best Location in Fort Smith”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

My husband and I just returned from a 5 day stay at this hotel. To start with; the location is fantastic. Centrally located and surrounded by gift shopping, food shopping & restaurants all with in walking distance. It is approx. 1 mile from the airport, on 74th St. w/ an entrance right next to Panera Bread
( try the black cherry Smoothie).
It is a very safe area to walk or run in and right behind it is a huge (Mercy) Fitness Center. The hospital is across the street so the environment is clean and safe. The staff was more than hospitable with outstanding personality's and accommodating to all of our requests or needs.Upon arrival we were so welcomed by Paul, who was especially helpful in providing me w/ some toiletry items as mine were shipped to a different airport location. The rooms are very clean and well maintained. We had a two bedroom, two bathroom suite /w kitchen, living Rm & dinning Rm table. There were 4 of us and we were set right up for our stay. If you like breakfast w/out leaving the hotel, they have gravy, biscuits, waffles, potatoes, fruit and cereal just to mention a few. We will definitely stay here again on our next return to Fort Smith. After observing the surrounding hotels; the Residence Inn exceeded our expectations. Great job staff!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Dublin, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

My son and I stayed here recently because it was the only place in Fort Smith that I could use my Marriott points. The hotel itself is nice and clean. The rooms were great and beds comfortable. Breakfast was also good here, as well as having friendly staff. What took this review from a 4 or 5 star to a 3 was the loud & drunk long term guests. I checked in around 2:30 and the pool was already full of drunk guests. From the looks of it, they had been there quite a while. They were floating in the pool with their beer cans and just being loud. Not wanting to rain on anyone's parade, I decided to wait it out, and figured we'd try to swim after dinner. 6pm rolls around and they are still there! We gave it some more time and finally gave in, because my son wanted to swim. We were there about 15 minutes and the cussing, drinking, and making out in the pool was just too much. It was obvious they were not leaving anytime soon, so I was forced to complain to the front desk. 30 minutes later they were gone and the children in the hotel could finally use the pool.

It should never have gotten that far out of hand, ever! This isn't Club Med! The front desk isn't that far from the pool area, and I know they had to have known what was going on there. It seemed as if this was normal for that to be going on. Needless to say, I'll find a more family friendly hotel next time I'm in the Fort Smith area.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Bloomsburg PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

Stayed three days for family wedding. Easy check-in provided by gentleman named Paul who was very pleasant and helpful. Each time I came in contact he asked if everything was ok and if there was anything we needed. He was also the same gentleman who supervised the breakfast - which was also great. I have stayed at other chains which provide breakfast, and ths was by far the best. Also pool area very nice. Good location regarding restaurants.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

Check in was quick and easy with very friendly staff. We were allowed a later checkout to give us more time to visit nearby Fort Smith National Park. The kids had a hard time sleeping on the fold out sofa bed due to it being so hard. The bed my wife and I shared wasn't much better but we managed. We got a quiet night's sleep which was most important. They had scrambled eggs, sausage patties, French toast, fruit, juices, and coffee for breakfast. It wasn't a gourmet breakfast but the kids liked it and it was free . There are also plenty of restaurants in walking distance or only a few minutes by car. They give you complimentary access to Mercy Fitness gym next door but I didn't have time to check it out.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
vte
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

I've stayed in this hotel several times over the past 5 years. Recently stayed again. Clean, efficient etc. Will stay again probably. However I noticed the swimming pool was occasionally full of locals ... childrens' groups like boys' club or local baseball team or something. Didn't bother me that much because I had no time for swimming, but if I had wanted to swim, I probably wouldn't have because the pool was so full. But not with guests. Also one night adult swimmers were playing vollyball or football in the pool until about 11:30PM making lots of noise. My room happened to be near the pool and I had an early wake-up the following day, so this was a bit frustrating as I hesitated to complain. I believe the staff don't enforce the pool rules. Locals also use the hotel basketball courts (why basketball courts?). In any case ... I'll probably stay here agin because of location ... although Homewood suites, Hampton Inn and others in the area would be a lot more quiet and relaxing.

Room Tip: If you like peace and quite ... avoid the rooms near the pool and basketball courts. Breakfast is fi...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Siloam Springs, AR
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Excellant property. The entire property is very clean and well appointed. Our room was very nice and clean as well. The Breakfast on Sunday morning was excellant as well, specially with the amount of people that were there over the weekend. The only things we would have changed; the bed was a tad bit hard/umcomfortable and the pull out mattress was uncomfortable/springs, our son ended up sleeping on the couch itself instead of using the pull out portion.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Little Rock, AR
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

This is a great location if you are staying for more than a couple of days. The full kitchen is a nice feature. They are pet friendly and the staff is very helpful. They have a nice pool and the new outdoor fire pit is great on cool evenings. I highly recommend taking them up on their offer for complimentary gym pass to the Mercy Health gym. Excellent location with quick access to restaurants.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Been to Residence Inn Fort Smith? Share your experiences!