“Had a Wonderful Weekend!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #5 of 21 Hotels in Fort Smith
Bauxite, AR
“Had a Wonderful Weekend!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

My husband and I recently stayed her last weekend while we were in town for a festival. I thought our room was fabulous! It was very clean and looked really nice. We stayed in the jacuzzi suite and it was really romantic. The employees here were very friendly from calling to book our room to the hassle free check out, it was a great experience.
My husband and I felt like kids again swimming in the indoor pool when we got back from a late dinner. The breakfast is typical of a continental breakfast though there were scrambled eggs, sausage, biscuits and gravy. My favorite part was the pancake machine that would make fresh pancakes for you.
The bed was super comfortable to me. And, the really nice touch..our pillows were labeled. We had two firm and two soft, for an extraordinary comfort. The bathroom was spacious and had good lighting with a modern sink. I loved how the tv's were more modernized being a flat screen with all our favorite cable channels.
I think we almost spent more time just enjoying our hotel room and amneties than we did outside the hotel.
My only negative is, and I'm not sure what it was if it was construction or what but there was some loud noise in the morning that prevented from sleeping in.
This place was clean, friendly, mondernized, safe with inside facing rooms, indoor pool and hot tub, fitness room, free breakfast...I would definitely stay here again!
Thanks Holiday Inn for a wonderful little romantic get a way for me and the hubs. =)

Room Tip: If you're not happy where your room is, just ask to be moved but I would suggest away from the e...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Maryville, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

My tip is to not expect to sleep much because the bed is not comfortable and don't expect to get the room you booked. When I booked I told them I needed first floor king and was told I would have the room I requested. When I checked in I got a room on he third floor not first and they called it a upgrade because it had a couch which I never use. tThe AC/heat is either too cold or too hot. I was going to be in town a additonal week so ask staff this morning if I could book a king room on ground floor for 5 night next week. I was told "he could book a room but could not tell me what floor because he could not predict who would stay over. He NEVER looked to see what was available if anything. I am a Priority member at this hotel chain. I went to Hampton and booked for next week with a gurantee of room and floor at a better price and a promise of my request to be honored. I travel a lot and expect more than I got at this hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Fort Smith, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Dear Connie M,

Thank you for staying with us and providing us with your valuable feedback.Your satisfaction is important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding experience at our hotel. It is regrettable you were not satisfied with your room accommodation and the service you received. Please remain assured that we have recorded your comments and will forward it to the appropriate departments for future considerations.

Karen C
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

This hotel is poorly maintained and had low occupancy during our stay. None the less, we were given a room next to the only ice machine in the three story facility. It was very noisy, but not nearly as noisy as the elevator which had a loud buzzing, probably exceeding OSHA standards, from what appeared to be a malfunctioning neon light starter.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Fort Smith, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Dear ArCDawg,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. Please allow me to apologize for the experience you had with the noise that affected your stay negatively. I understand the discomfort this has caused you and it is regrettable that we fell below your expectations. Rest assured, I have taken note of your comments and it will be forwarded to the departments involved to take actions accordingly. Thank you for staying and we hope you give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Anthony M
Decatur, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

Our room was great, upscale bathroom with marble and raised sink, very good shower and very clean. Lots of towels and linens on hand. Beds were comfy with lots of pillows, and all appliances in good working order (microwave, fridge, TV). The best feature is the ample breakfast and dining area, with a wide selection of foods and drinks. There is also a coffee maker in suite. Staff was super friendly. We left a phone charger and they are mailing it to us. I would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: We were on the 3rd floor.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Destin, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

This is not a bad hotel. It just needs some significant improvements to rate better. First of all, I stayed in 2 different rooms and both were in need of some deep cleaning. The lamps were incredibly dusty. The glass shelves in the bathroom were grimy around the edges. One of the rooms had a nasty smear all over the bathroom mirror. The floor edges back under the bathroom sink looked like they had not seen a good scrub in a couple of months.
As for noise, ask for the top floor. Apparently there is no insulation between your room and the room above you and you can hear every foot step - top floor room will take care of that. next, ask for an air unit that does NOT have the thermostat control. The manual ones let you set the unit for constant "Fan On" which helps with the ON and OFF noise of the unit as it blows cool or hot air. Our first room had the thermostat with no "Fan On" option and it was very disturbing throughout the night as it kicked on and off. We even had our own sound machine with us, but it didn't help.
On the plus side, the staff is friendly and the indoor pool was nice. Don't expect anything special for breakfast - it was OK. Cinnamon rolls were warm and gooey (very good), but too fattening to eat everyday.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the top floor, and one that does NOT face Phoenix Ave. That is a busy, noisy street...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Fort Smith, responded to this review, November 10, 2012
Dear Lj C,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. I am so glad you liked the friendliness of our staff and our wonderful indoor pool. Your comments encourages our team members to work even harder. I would like to apologize for the issues you had with your room accommodations and any inconvenience the air conditioning may have caused you. I am also sorry for the experience you had due to the noise. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. Thank you for staying with us and we hope you give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Anthony M
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012 via mobile

Easy in & out. Spacious & comfortable accommodations. Great value. Highly recommended. Plus a great complimentery breakfast, complete with eggs, bacon, biscuits, pastries, coffee and juices. All with great service from the hostesses

• Stayed September 2012
Hot Springs, AR
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

I only stayed there one night but was very pleased. The room and bath room were very clean. The bed was great. Although I wish there was a way they could make the ac units in motels a little quieter. The one in my room was ok but whenever the compressor kicked on it disturbed my sleep a little. Would stay there again without hesitation.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn Express Fort Smith? Share your experiences!