“Questionable....” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn & Suites - Fort Smith

You added Comfort Inn & Suites - Fort Smith to your Saves list
Comfort Inn & Suites - Fort Smith
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   6500 Rogers Avenue, Fort Smith, AR 72903-3950 (Formerly Fort Smith Inn & Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #2 of 22 Hotels in Fort Smith
Certificate of Excellence 2014
houstonburbs
“Questionable....”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

We were not impressed at all. We expected much better for the price we had to pay. Room was ok.....never could figure out the cooling/heat system. Too small shower curtain allowed water all over the bathroom after each shower. Lots of outside noise led to restless night. Now I know why we never stay at this hotel chain.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Desiree A, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites - Fort Smith, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
Dear Ladybugtx76,

Thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey regarding your recent stay at our Comfort Inn & Suites.

Allow me to apologize on behalf of our hotel for failing to meet your expectations regarding your experience with us on your recent visit. I have shared your comments with my Executive Head Housekeeper and we are working to make sure we look deeper into the information you’ve shared regarding our shower curtains. “Ladybugtx76,” thank you for your time and valuable feedback. We sincerely appreciate it, and hope you will give us another chance to provide you with superior service and accommodations on your next visit to Fort Smith.

Kind Regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Little Rock, Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

I really liked the size of our room at this hotel. We booked a 2-room king suite and it was spacious, big enough for 6 people. Usually when we travel as a family, we have to book two rooms, so it was nice to be in one that was big enough for all of us. It consisted of one large room with a wet bar area, sitting area with TV and fold out couch, sleeping area with king bed and bath and then a separate bedroom with another king bed, TV, and bathroom.

The fold out bed was not very comfy, but those usually aren't. Fine for kids to sleep on. The room was clean, but did have sort of an odd musty smell, nothing horrible. Just odd. The king beds were comfier than a lot of hotel beds I've slept on. I'm very picky and I didn't have trouble sleeping. Road noise is a bit of a problem if your room faces Rogers Ave. Ear plugs solved this for me.

The lobby area is smaller than I expected and located right next to the front desk. I wish it had been more spacious and comfy, and I did not like the air freshener fans. After breakfast, the staff turns the lights off in the lobby area, so it feels like you are not supposed to spend time in there.

Overall, I feel like this hotel is better for business travelers. The large room was perfect for a family, but the rest of the hotel seemed like it was more for solo/business travel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that doesn't face the road if you are easily bothered by road noise while sleepin...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Desiree A, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites - Fort Smith, responded to this review, February 12, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I truly appreciate the detail of your review. It allows us the opportunity to improve our hotel and offer better customer service. Thank you again for your business and detailed review. We hope to see you again soon.
Eau Claire, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

I traveled to this hotel on business along with another 30 people who were flying in for a meeting at a different site. We accidentally booked rooms in two business names(I was an invited speaker) and the staff had no issues cancelling one room at 7 pm the night of arrival. They gave a full refund and provided a letter for our travel coordinator to make sure nothing was charged. I also shipped down a couple boxes of what I will call micro-beverages for the group. In advance the staff opened the boxes and had everything on ice for a small informal get together in the breakfast area the night of arrival. I have to say, it was great not to coordinate anything and they took care of the rest after the request was made. For a quick meal or drink, there is a Buffalo Wild Wings next door and I mean only 50 yards away so it's an easy walk for food. Overall this was one of the better hotels I have stayed at and based on the hospitality and cleanliness, I would recommend it to others.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We truly appreciate you and your business. We loved having your group and hope to see you again soon. Thanks
Pikeville, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

When I come here it is for a week at a time. This is the only place I have stayed and the only place I plan on staying at. My room was huge thanks to being a rewards member. There are numerous big name restaurants that are very close. The road is a little tricky to get on due to traffic in the evenings but the hotel is well worth it. Everything about it is perfect. Also has Awesome Staff.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Lisa W, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites - Fort Smith, responded to this review, January 15, 2014
Dear KG2314,

Thank you so much for your loyalty to our brand! Please know that it's guest like you that continue to motivate us as a team to consistently work on putting the “H” in Hospitality. I will share your enthusiastic reply with our entire staff! From all of us, thank you!

Yours In Hospitality,

Desiree Arizmendi
Rogers, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

I cannot say enough about this hotel. Not only are the rooms very comfortable, but the service is second to none - Desiree and her staff go above and beyond to make you feel at home! I said it before and I will say it again, when you arrive you are at home. I have stayed in a number of higher priced hotels and many times have felt like the staff look down their nose at you. Why not get a superior room, awesome staff and unbeatable price. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: I have never had a bad room. WiFi is always good in any rooms - I have stayed on all floors.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Thank you so much for the wonderful review! We truly appreciate you and your business. Hope to see you again soon!
Georgetown, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

Reservations were ready as requested, two rooms as close together as possible. Our family arrived in separate cars, and all were accommodated immediately in adjoining rooms. The staff was friendly and helpful with dinner recommendations; the beds were great; and breakfast menu selection was better than usual. The hostess accommodated not only families but a large sports team (well-behaved and big appetites) with ease. Our only suggestion would be less-fat pillows. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Lisa W, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites - Fort Smith, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
Dear Ms. Helen J,

Thank you so much for taking time from your day to share your positive feedback! Our team takes pride in providing exceptional service. I'll be sure to share your experience with my staff!

If you and your family are in town again, please be sure to include us! Have a blessed New Year!

Most Sincerely,

Desiree Arizmendi
Comfort Inn & Suites
6500 Rogers Avenue
Fort Smith, Arkansas 72903
479.434.5400
Newark, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

Highly recommend this hotel. Exceptional service, friendly staff, ultra-clean modern non-smoking rooms, and the most comfortable beds I've ever had the pleasure to sleep in. Definitely want to find out what beds they use because I want one for my home! Didn't have a reservation, and, on a weekday, they only had three suites available...with the quality of this hotel, it's no surprise that it was almost sold out and I'm extremely happy with the value we received for the price paid.

Room Tip: The suites are worth the price
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Lisa W, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites - Fort Smith, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
Thank you so much for the wonderful review. We value you and your opinion and appreciate you taking the time to post a review. Hope to see you again soon:)

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites - Fort Smith? Share your experiences!