“Home cooking with Yummy Cinnamon Rolls” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Greenwood, Arkansas
“Home cooking with Yummy Cinnamon Rolls”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012 via mobile

Lots of dishes Mom used to make with smaller portions available on almost all of them. Large variety and complimentary cinnamon rolls with every meal. Family owned, and they care about their customers.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Great Place to Eat!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I eat at Calico County 3 or 4 times a year. The service and food is always good. Great cinnimon rolls and hot rolls!! Hamburgers are huge and onion rings are great! There are a couple of problems you may encounter when eating at CC. First, if you go for lunch you will need to get there before noon or it will be really busy. Second, you receive so much food that it is hard to eat it all...but they do have a small portion on most of their meals. If you are wanting a good place to eat with good service...Calico County would be a good option for any meal!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Fort Smith, AR
“Nice Local Country Style Cooking”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

If you have never been to Calico County it is certainly worth a try. My favorites are their Irish Stew (seasonal) and their vegetable soup. The soup and sandwich combo is a good deal and often what I like. My son likes the chef salad and for most people the small is a meal in itself.

Visited August 2012
Fort Smith, Arkansas
“Great homecooking. Great service.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

This place is tucked away, but the food is "just like mom used to make." So, if you're hungry for home cooking, this is the place to go! Generous portions and decent prices!

Visited August 2012
“A hidden location, but worth the trip!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

I am in working in Fort Smith for two days and needed to have dinner before heading to the hotel. I looked at restaurant reviews from tripadvisor.com to get some ideas. I am a primarily a non-meat eater so I am always on the lookout for places that have vegetarian entrees or southern comfort food. I saw that this place was family run with homemade dishes, so I took a chance. I was also enticed by the cinnamon roll basket you get while waiting for your food.

It is in quite an unusual location (easily missed if you aren't using a GPS). Even from the outside, it isn't impressive. However, looks can be deceiving. I had the Monday night special "Veggie Lite" plate for under $6. Four ample servings of veggies and a side of cornbread! As I was so delighted with the full-size cinnamon roll started, I couldn't even finish my meal.

At check-out, I purchased two dozen "day-old" cinnamon rolls to share with my co-workers tomorrow. These were a whopping $3/dozen. Let me repeat, these are full-size goodies, not minis.

My waitress was so kind and friendly. Yes, most of the customers were older, but they eat earlier, so I had no wait when I arrived. I would have no hesitation in eating there again.

• Visited September 2012