“I Love this place!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 4 Fort Scott B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“I Love this place!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

While visiting historical Ft. Scott my cousin and I stayed at the Courtland hotel, Frank & Carol, the owners made our stay feel more like home. I enjoyed learning about the history of the hotel while we were there. The location is perfect for anyone who wants to visit the Fort and shop at all the old stores. I can't wait to visit Ft Scott again.

• Stayed May 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
lancaster, california
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for 1 night. I waited too late to book a hotel in Nevada, Missouri to be near Cottey College where my daughter is a student. Fort Scott is about 18 or so miles away. I loved the Hotel! We slept in the FULL Bed---very ample. I was afraid it may be too small as we sleep in a Cal- king bed at home--not at all. Very comfortable bed & pillows. The room was cozy, quaint. The room and bathroom were CLEAN!!! I really like historical buildings--this one has it all! The hotel owner is very pleasant & likeable. He is a Fort Scott native and knows the area well. We had dinner at Sharky's Pub & Grub and ice cream at Papa Don's Pizza. The breakfast was good. The hotel also hosts groups for parties, events and has an AVEDA Spa Salon for beauty treatments, massages, etc. I wish we could have stayed longer! I am so glad my procrastination was such a POSITIVE in staying at this hotel! I will plan a stay here again as my first choice in the area!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Pittsburgh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

I was on a overnight business trip that took me to Fort Scott, Kansas. If it wasnt for Frank the owner of this property I would have gave it four stars, but he just puts it over the top. Its great knowing that he will take care of you when you stay at the Cortland Hotel. There was a playoff game we did not want to miss and Frank hooked us up with our own personal big screen tv. It was great, and I can not thank him enough. Comfortable rooms, comfortable beds, nice quick breakfast. Only draw back is the bathrooms being a small, but it gets the job down for a night or two. If I were to ever find myself back in fort scott, I would definately stay here. I highly reccommend the Cortland hotel in Fort Scott, Kansas.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Cleveland Heights, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

We stayed here in mid April of '13 on our way to mid state Kansas from Ohio. The town of Fort Scott is quaint, and staying at the Courtland was a very positive experience.

Frank greeted us at the door and was very upbeat and it looks like he really enjoys what he does.
He gave us a brief history lesson on the background of the hotel and showed us to our king size room, which was a good size and nicely appointed. The shower area was added as a renovation (from the early 1990's if I remember correctly), it is not fancy, but was clean, and that goes a long way with me.

The price was great (under $100 for 2 people, 1 night), much better than some corporate place where the staff can't stand their jobs, etc.

If you are a history fan/buff, the lobby will interest you. lots of original trims, details, etc.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Spring Hill, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

Comfy Cozy place to stay and the owners are awesome!! Very knowledgeable on the History of Fort Scott. He gave us recommendations on where to eat..they were all wonderful! We were at a local restaurant and it was raining..walking distance from the hotel..he walked there to bring us all umbrellas!! It was just a great experience overall. Will definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Try to rent a room with a King size bed. The rooms are much bigger.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Springfield, MO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

I stayed in this hotel on whim for one night while I was visiting near-by Nevada. I don't like big hotels or really modern hotels and don't like to feel like I'm traveling. So this was perfect for me. Although the room I picked was smaller than the others it was light and airy. While there wasn't a closet there was an antique wardrobe, which again, I preferred. Very quiet area, I heard no loud talking or music or hustle and bustle from the street. If you like the simply life this is probably the hotel to choose in the area. It is less expensive than most b&b but you get the simplicity of a b&b. On a side note there are many books around to look through. In the parlor there were books as well as a fiction book in my room. I flipped through these at night and it was more refreshing for me than flipping on the t.v.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013 via mobile

I needed a place to stay and the place was perfect. The gentleman that checked me in was most friendly and I loved my room. The shower had great pressure and it was nice and hot. Was just what I needed.

The overall appearance of the hotel, had a feeling of home in a small town. I will definately stay again,

Thanks for a good night sleep,
George

• Stayed February 2013

Been to Courtland Hotel? Share your experiences!