“Just met expectations” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #44 of 112 Hotels in Savannah
Fairfax, Virginia
“Just met expectations”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2010

I booked a last minute stay to visit Savannah for a day with my family. This location offered a good value and the reviews looked better than average, with no major criticisms. We had a late check-in and early departure, so we did not need a lot of space or amenities. Clean rooms, convenient location and low cost were the main objectives. Mission accomplished. The front desk staff and breakfast staff were friendly and courteous. A few concerns though: Deadbolt did not lock. Air conditioner did not effectively cool the room. Shower had very little pressure. None of these was a big deal because we did not stay very long, but probably would have been a problem if we were staying longer.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Savannah, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2010

There appear to be at least two La Quinta Inns in Savannah, GA... I've been to both, and if you're going to book a night at either of them, stay here! Very clean, very friendly staff, very comfortable beds.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Lufkin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2010

We were running about five hours later that we planned. The desk clerk, Candice, called us to make sure that we were coming in and that everything was ok. Great staff and a great nights sleep. Our plans got changed and they allowed us an extra late checkout. What a help! Great central location with plenty of options for things to do in the area!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Montgomery, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2010

Came to Savannah for a weekend girls getaway. We were attending the Tybee Island Pirate Fest so the location was perfect far as heading out to Tybee or the historic district. Soon as we arrived the front desk clerk, Candice, was extremly helpful giving us suggestions on everything. Went the extra mile to print us directions and even put our names and the dogs at the top! Would deffinitly recommend to anyone looking for an afforable room in a great location.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
hampton
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2010

I appreciate the smiling face from the clerk at the desk. She remembered me hours before when I call about check in, that means a lot. T
The rooms were clean, however, I did not like the sink located in the main room right next to the entrance door and not the in bathroom. I dont wont to prepare my coffee where I brush my teeth, wash my face and comb my hair. I would recommend this hotel to friends who do not mind a sink being outside the bathroom. Smile

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2010

I picked the wrong La Quinta via one of the online hotel services. I chose the one on Abercorn St, but there are 2 within 20 blocks of each other. Upset that I had picked the wrong one, I expected a poor stay in Savannah, but I was delighted that this is a good La Quinta. It's about as far from the Riverfront as the other La Quinta on Abercorn. The third La Quinta is at the airport. This Inn & Suites had well appointed rooms with hard wood floors, updated furniture, flat screen TV and refrigerator in the room. I was very pleased with my stay for the price and will stay there again. Just beware if you schedule a room at the La Quinta, don't depend on the road to identify the correct property!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
middle Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2010

My boyfriend and I stayed for three nights here to enjoy Octoberfest in Savannah. The location is great and with the reasonable price, we saved around $450 by staying here instead of in the historic district. Well worth it! It's a straight shot down Abercorn to Bay Street/River Street and only took about ten minutes to get there. We always travel with our Dachshund babies (three of them) and they are like our children. Pet friendly place with NO PET FEE! There is limited space to walk them to use the bathroom, but between the front and back of the place, it is sufficient. It is located at the corner of a busy intersection, so if your doggie is scared of traffic, may not be the place for you. Just hold onto their leash tightly. The staff was great, very nice king studio room with fridge and microwave. Very clean and spacious. Smelled clean (not perfumey clean, but honestly clean) and the bed slept great! We will definately be staying there again. It was the first La Quinta we have ever stayed at and as far as this particular one goes, it was relaxing and there were no worries.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Savannah Southside? Share your experiences!