First, the rooms are in the process of being upgraded. Ours was ok, but the a/c made racket and sounded like water dripping. The hallway looks old and dated and you're about 5-10 miles from town, so there isn't much to do in the immediate area.
Second, our dogs needed to go out at 4AM and when we got back, the door lock wouldn't work. Tried keys for about 30 minutes with no luck. Finally got put in another room until the manager came in. I finally got the front desk person to call the manager at 8 the next morning. Maintenance guy didn't have a phone to call him, so we didn't get back into our room until almost 10.
Finally, the staff were actually very apologetic and the management took care of the two nights that we stayed there for the inconvenience of the lockout and actually gave us a certificate for another free night at any LQ.
We won't be going back to the hotel mainly because of the location and the condition of the place. It was just a so-so place to stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- For affordable accommodations and convenient access to area attractions, come to the La Quinta Inn Savannah Southside, located just six miles south of the historic district/River Street and only half a mile from Hunter Army Base. We are pet friendly, and the front desk is open 24-hours, with fax/copy services available. A Free Bright Side BreakfastTM awaits you mornings in the lobby along with a copy of USA Today. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, LaQuinta, EasyToBook, Odigeo, Venere, Hotels.com and Hotwire so you can book your La Quinta Inn & Suites Savannah Southside reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Quinta Inn & Suites Savannah Southside Hotel Savannah
- La Quinta Inn And Suites Savannah Southside
- La Quinta Savannah
- Savannah La Quinta