“Great place for the price” 5 of 5 stars

La Quinta Inn & Suites Savannah Southside
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   8484 Abercorn Street, Savannah, GA 31406   |
Ranked #43 of 112 hotels in Savannah
A TripAdvisor Member
“Great place for the price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

Love This motel chain because they are clean( maby not new but in good shape ) and they except pets. I stayed here July 22 2013. I have stayed at others In Jacksonville,FL and Chatanoga TN. Have always had a good time with frinds and family , Cleen pools and feindly staff.

363 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Pawleys Island, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

After much searching through Trip Advisor Reviews, I decided to stop at La Quinta South side upon arrival into Savannah. I only book in advance if I know the hotels are crowed and have the potential to sell out. I own a cleaning business of 16 years and tend to be pickier than most people. I also travel solo with my pet so I'm concerned with safety and Pet Friendliness. I was pleasantly surprised to find all my needs met. The young gentlemen at the counter welcomed me warmly and had a non-smoking King that looked to be recently remodeled. Bed Linens were adequate and clean. Carpet in the room and hall were clean and updated. The room over all was pretty clean, I noticed two items that I brought to the housekeepers attention via note left with reduced tip. My room was on the side opposite the busy road and suggest you request that since I'm sure it's noisier on that side. I was a little skeptical when I first arrived as the outside was not as inviting as most La Quinta's, but don't judge this book by its cover. Breakfast was the usual fare offer by this hotel chain (I'm a member) waffles, boil eggs, yogurt, cereal, muffins, pastries etc. unfortunately the dining area was quite small so took my things back to the room. Quick drive to Historic District and two Malls. My total with AARP was $75.00's not bad compared to others I checked.

Room Tip: Request side opposite street
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
San Diego, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

"NOT PET FRIENDLY AT ALL" If you are going to be a pet friendly hotel, be more accommodating to pet owners. I had a staff member complain that my dog was barking to much. We left the dog in the room alone for maybe two hours by himself. The staff complain that the dog had been barking all night and all day, which was not true because we were in the room with the dog all night. If this is a pet friendly hotel, you should expect some noise from a dog. What did they want me to do, muzzle the dog all day and night.

Dayville, Connecticut, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

After running from Savannah Suites, we went around the corner to La Quinta. We had a very nice 4 night stay there. They did say that they get many people who couldn't stomach staying next door. The rooms were nicely decorated, beds were comfortable, and the bathroom very clean. They had a nice breakfast with a waffle maker that was a big hit. We did have some problems with the TV but they were right on the problem when they were notified of it. I will stay there again!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

I just have to say, Jennifer Watson of Guest Services, was awesome!!! She was very helpful, and even went out of her way to be. We could not get our window to lock and were moved. As a result, I asked Jennifer if she could get us a refrigerator for compensation. She did. The next day, at 1030pm, I arrived back to the hotel after being gone all day and had to do a load of laundry. Jennifer was even helpful with that. She understands customer service. Thank you, Jennifer!

Akron, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

This was a great hotel for us so we could bring our dog. The room was large and the bed was very nice. We had plenty of space for all of us and there is no pet fee which is wonderful! The location on the southside resulted in about a 15 minute drive to downtown which is just fine with us. It was quiet where this hotel is and it's near lots of shops, a mall etc. if you like to stay near shops. The breakfast was good and the staff was very friendly! There were a few others dogs but never heard much barking and always quiet at night!

Room Tip: Get the room with a king bed if you can, it was great!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

Only one night, because we were on the go....but what an excellent experience. I couldn't have received more, the personnel were very helpful, and friendly. They made that night to be unforgettable to us by giving a guidance of what to do. Thanks.
Dr. Villalon

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Savannah Southside? Share your experiences!