“Clean, Quite, Good Price!” 4 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   8484 Abercorn Street, Savannah, GA 31406   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #59 of 114 Hotels in Savannah
Pawleys Island, South Carolina
“Clean, Quite, Good Price!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

After much searching through Trip Advisor Reviews, I decided to stop at La Quinta South side upon arrival into Savannah. I only book in advance if I know the hotels are crowed and have the potential to sell out. I own a cleaning business of 16 years and tend to be pickier than most people. I also travel solo with my pet so I'm concerned with safety and Pet Friendliness. I was pleasantly surprised to find all my needs met. The young gentlemen at the counter welcomed me warmly and had a non-smoking King that looked to be recently remodeled. Bed Linens were adequate and clean. Carpet in the room and hall were clean and updated. The room over all was pretty clean, I noticed two items that I brought to the housekeepers attention via note left with reduced tip. My room was on the side opposite the busy road and suggest you request that since I'm sure it's noisier on that side. I was a little skeptical when I first arrived as the outside was not as inviting as most La Quinta's, but don't judge this book by its cover. Breakfast was the usual fare offer by this hotel chain (I'm a member) waffles, boil eggs, yogurt, cereal, muffins, pastries etc. unfortunately the dining area was quite small so took my things back to the room. Quick drive to Historic District and two Malls. My total with AARP was $75.00's not bad compared to others I checked.

Room Tip: Request side opposite street
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
San Diego, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

"NOT PET FRIENDLY AT ALL" If you are going to be a pet friendly hotel, be more accommodating to pet owners. I had a staff member complain that my dog was barking to much. We left the dog in the room alone for maybe two hours by himself. The staff complain that the dog had been barking all night and all day, which was not true because we were in the room with the dog all night. If this is a pet friendly hotel, you should expect some noise from a dog. What did they want me to do, muzzle the dog all day and night.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Dayville, Connecticut, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

After running from Savannah Suites, we went around the corner to La Quinta. We had a very nice 4 night stay there. They did say that they get many people who couldn't stomach staying next door. The rooms were nicely decorated, beds were comfortable, and the bathroom very clean. They had a nice breakfast with a waffle maker that was a big hit. We did have some problems with the TV but they were right on the problem when they were notified of it. I will stay there again!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

I just have to say, Jennifer Watson of Guest Services, was awesome!!! She was very helpful, and even went out of her way to be. We could not get our window to lock and were moved. As a result, I asked Jennifer if she could get us a refrigerator for compensation. She did. The next day, at 1030pm, I arrived back to the hotel after being gone all day and had to do a load of laundry. Jennifer was even helpful with that. She understands customer service. Thank you, Jennifer!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Akron, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

This was a great hotel for us so we could bring our dog. The room was large and the bed was very nice. We had plenty of space for all of us and there is no pet fee which is wonderful! The location on the southside resulted in about a 15 minute drive to downtown which is just fine with us. It was quiet where this hotel is and it's near lots of shops, a mall etc. if you like to stay near shops. The breakfast was good and the staff was very friendly! There were a few others dogs but never heard much barking and always quiet at night!

Room Tip: Get the room with a king bed if you can, it was great!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

Only one night, because we were on the go....but what an excellent experience. I couldn't have received more, the personnel were very helpful, and friendly. They made that night to be unforgettable to us by giving a guidance of what to do. Thanks.
Dr. Villalon

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

Checked on Sunday June 23, 2013 you would do wise to never check in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Unlike most hotels that designate certain rooms smoking or pet friendly for that matter the front desk informed me that all the rooms on each floor could house pets and let me tell you they were freaking everywhere. For those that love their dogs great but for those who don't want to be a a room where the slept what the what!

You could hear them yapping at all hours and they were coming and going like people right through the lobby where the so called breakfast was served.

Got to my room hair all over my bed, animal and human. The house keeper placed the bedding on the floor as she changed the two beds how do I know, well I watched her change the beds after my complaint and she through my freaking pillows and comforter on the floor and I told her "Do you suppose that's how hair got on the bed in the first place or hey maybe you did not change it at all"? Told her now I need you to change my pillow cases and I need a fresh comforter and she said that did not have any more nor did she offer to wash the two on the floor (strange since the frond desk said they had a laundry on site?). When she pulled back the covers to change my bed let me tell you about the nasty mattress paid with the yellow stains and coated and I mean really coated with all kinds of hair from I don't know how many stays she could not change it either and did not offer to wash and bring it back. In the end I had her just double my sheets and this amounted to the bedding that I had during my stay.
Let me also say that you would think in a pet hotel that you would hear vacuums going 24/7 during cleaning but my family and I never say one in the halls with the maid carts and never heard one being employed! Can you say pet hair in your bed anyone?

My suggestion to management is that they have really good vacuum cleaners and consider having pets on one floor so that patron can choose non pet occupied rooms. This hotel made my skin crawl. The hall floors were filthy! Not vacuumed once during our stay, when you got on the elevators pet hair everywhere!!!

People were not checked in timely but stacked and racked like an airport as well. We waited and waited for our room only for it be dirty when we checked it. The girl at the front desk finally had two rooms ready but my mom had to wait and wait. In the end she said it would be less than 30 minutes and my moms room would be ready! Suffice to say she never called and 2 1/2 hours later we go to the front desk and the girl who had been looking at us all day said high are you here to check in! I looked at her and asked are your serious you all were supposed to call two hours ago! The other girl then happens by and hangs her head saying oh God I forgot. She comped us $30 dollars and promised to have her GM to call me. Yeah you guessed no GM call. At check out I had to relay this sorry tale and the new lady at the desk made excuses about how short staffed they were and comped me 1 free night. If this was the Hampton/Hilton chain this would have been unacceptable and fully comped for my mother and myself. I will never go to another LaQuinta as long as I live and I really used to like this chain!

My cleaner Jeneen sucked. The frond desk sucked! Hugh Osborne General Manager you suck for not keeping an eye on your hotel and staff. Wayne Golberg President and CEO this hotel is horrible. La Quinta 8484 Abercorn Street Savannah Ga 31406, don't stay here!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Savannah Southside? Share your experiences!