“Convenient location, Friendly Staff” 5 of 5 stars

La Quinta Inn & Suites Savannah Southside
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   8484 Abercorn Street, Savannah, GA 31406   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #47 of 113 Hotels in Savannah

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

It is a very clean hotel...and very friendly staff...loved the nice clean rooms and the early breakfast waiting on me...its a wonderful location, close to shopping and site seeing. A very lovely place to stay while visiting Savannah, Ga.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Key West, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

We had the pleasure of staying with LaQuinta Savannah twice on our trip to the Outerbanks of North Carolina. We traveled with our two very large dogs, and must say that the entire staff, from management to housekeeping made us feel welcome and went out of their way to make sure our room and experience there was perfect. It is very refreshing to have such nice, clean, comfortable lodging when you are vacationing with pets, and Laquinta steps right up to assure you that they are welcome. I have never seen such happy and friendly employees working in a hotel !!! Keep up the great work and ultra hospitality. We will return and recommend La Quinta to anyone traveling with pets!!!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Evans, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

This is the newer of the two La Qintas on Abecore. This is a very clean, very friendly, stay. It is a straight shot ( about 6 miles) to the river front.
The " FREE" breakfat is however the usual "BLAH" La Quinta fare. I have stayed in La Quintas where they have bisquits, sausage, and sausage gravy but most of them have the basic waffle as the only hot dish. This is one of them. Also the wall mounted a/c control has to put to about 65 degrees to cool off the room.

Room Tip: Choose this one over the La Quinta 1 1/2 miles closer to downtown.
Lima, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

The room was comfortable and clean.Many resturants nearby as well as shopping, The staff was very friendly and helpful. The noise level was high as our room was next to a very busy street. Breakfast could have more variety.

Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Called and booked a room at this hotel the day before labor day in an effort to get out of another horrible hotel. When I called I spoke with a very helpful and professional gentleman I felt totally at ease.
I booked the last executive king room, I believe it was 182 or 183 maybe(2nd floor)? I highly recommend it. While the room was by the elevator, it wasn't noisy. This room is spacious and feels in really good condition (dare I say new, or renovated?), quite contrary to how I felt from the way the outside of the building looks. The room had lots of counter space, and had a microwave and fridge. Two full length mirrors, small but bright bathroom. Nice comfy bed, sheets, comforter and pillows--most comfortable hotel bed I've slept in for quite some time, and I'm VERY fussy about my beds. Flat Screen tv on the wall with a good variety of channels including showtime. While I don't watch much TV, I always have it on, esp when it's time for bed.
We were traveling with our small dog, and was surprised to learn that LaQuinta doesn't charge pet fees. I absolutely love that they do this, as my dog is so small and so well trained that he won't cause trouble or issue for anyone. They will always be my choice of hotel when I'm traveling with my dog. They gave us dog treats and tips on where we can go with him downtown. I've never been to such a pet friendly hotel and been so pleased with the rooms. Breakfast was a mix of fruit, yogurt, muffins, cereal, and do-it-yourself waffles. The area around this hotel is filled with shopping centers and restaurants. About 10 minutes to Downtown and the river just make a right out of the parking lot & go straight down Abercorn St, and about 20 mins to tybee island as well. Great Wifi connection and its free! Check out is at noon! I hadn't stayed at a La Quinta inn years, but will def consider it next time I'm traveling.

Room Tip: Choose an executive king room
Frederick
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

We booked here for two nights because of such great reviews by others. There are at least 4 La Quintas in this general area that I know of and we chose this location. Anyway, the common area computer wasn't working the one time that I wanted to use it and the clerk didn't know anything about it or how to get it started. Also, the computer area was dirty, as they seem to be in most La Quintas that we stay in. The room was nice enough, although dusty and I couldn't get the window shade to open so I could look out in the morning. We didn't sample breakfast either of those days but John there was nice and got me some orange juice and coffee to go. He was very friendly and by far the most helpful to us there. Our last night we had to be up and out early and someone checking in in the middle of the right in the next room kept coming and going and slamming the room door, knocking, and talking in the hall for about an hour. Those hallways are long and narrow and sounds echo off of those long walls. Also, we were upcharged for a king bed that was more than the charges that I accepted when checking in. It would have been nice if they had told us that or prepared the bill correctly to begin with.

Room Tip: If you book here be aware that the location is not in a "great" area, I saw a uniformed of...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Savannah Southside? Share your experiences!