“Wonderful staff makes up for any cons...” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #52 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
West Palm Beach, Florida, United States
“Wonderful staff makes up for any cons...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

We booked this hotel last minute and thankfully so as they were sold out once we arrived. However the front desk handled a long line with great efficiency, and we were in right away. We had some issues in our room and despite the skeleton crew the problems were corrected in less than 10 minutes. The ladies handling the complimentary breakfast were right on top of things, and the gentlemen working around the building during the day were cordial and helpful.

But now for the cons... this is not your average Fairfield; although it appears to be in with a group of other new construction hotels it seems this is a converted old motor lodge with extremely small rooms that have intensely bright lighting and value mattresses. Our room required that a loud de-humidifier run, and I was told that's normal for the first floor rooms. There is a small pool situated between the parking lot and the front doors of some of the guest rooms. I hate to say it, but the only thing that would bring me back to this hotel is it's fantastic staff.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
Boston, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2013

My wife and I recently booked a room at this location since we were visiting Savannah and have often stayed in Fairfield Inn's. Well this one was the worst one I have been. Coming to this location from the airport we passed some areas that did not look too appealing and when we arrived at the motel it looked like it was a old motel converted to a Fairfield. I did not feel it met Marriott's standards.

The only nice thing was the clerk who checked me in could not have been more hospitable. She welcomed me and was very pleasant. The breakfast the next morning was not bad with eggs, sausage, cereal, toast, yogurt, etc. If your looking just for economy this place might fit the bill, but for a few dollars more there are much nicer facilities.

Kansas City, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

I was not impressed with my stat at this hotel at all! I waited 30 minutes to check in, along with multiple other people, because they were not able to tell us which rooms were clean. I was then not offered any type of compensation for the wait and then when I got to the room the door was difficult to work with and I could barely access my room. Once inside the room, it felt dirty and dingy - not what you would expect from a Fairfield Inn. I will never be staying at this location again!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Florissant, Missouri
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

The only reason I am giving this a 2 is because of location. The rooms are very small. The computer in the "business center" needs a new keyboard. There are only 3 outlets per room, the bathroom is too small to accommodate make up and a curling iron. The worse part is that the elevator doesn't enter or exit from the lobby but from a entry hall. The front door stays a jar, the room doors are flush...I could go on and on, but my advice is do not consider this a Marriott property, it is more like a 1 than a 3.

Hickory, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

I was with my family on a business trip to Savannah. I would like to compliment the friendly staff for making me feel welcome and helping me enjoy my stay here. General Manager Rosalie King and her staff did an outstanding job on accommodating our stay. I was very impressed with Casey, the breakfast hostess, who saw that all the food offering were kept filled and displayed neatly. Also, Lynn, the receptionist, was helpful in giving directions and giving suggestions for activities. I would also like to mention Lashawna, the housekeeper, who asked if there was anything needed for my room as we shared the elevator. I really look forward on staying here again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

I coordinated a group for a conference we had in savannah during a busy weekend the hotel was almost sold out but thanks to the gm and I forgot the desk person's name , a young man, they maneuvered rooms and got my whole group in, whew, " thank you so much" I believe she just took over the hotel a month or so but I am glad she was there. She handled the situation like a pro and the hotel was perfect it was close to everything we needed and on down time we could go shopping at the mall. I love savannah thank you Fairfield we will be back

Room Tip: Ask for the room on Top floor on side street lee blvd.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
FairfieldMidtown, Manager at Fairfield Inn by Savannah Midtown, responded to this review, February 9, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on trip advistor. We are delighted that your stay with the Fairfield Inn Savannah Midtown was enjoyable.

Charlotte, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

Amanda at the front desk was great...funny, sweet, etc. Hotel what I expected. Nothing fancy. Really appreciated the extra-early breakfast for those of us who were in town for the marathon. I wouldn't suggest the "shuttle" service though. Not the hotel's fault, but the $25 round trip ride was 40 mins late and stalled twice! Got to the start with 15-20 mins to spare. Anyway, I recommend the hotel.

• Stayed November 2013

Also we have just completed renovations at our property with great new amenities. Once again thank you for taking the time to offer your feedback on your stay.

Been to Fairfield Inn by Savannah Midtown? Share your experiences!