“By far one of my favorite hotel experiences” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel packages
Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #49 of 112 Hotels in Savannah
“By far one of my favorite hotel experiences”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

My trip started out taking my younger sister to college, and ended with me falling in love with Savannah. Granted my favorite part of the experience was the hospitality imparted on me by the gracious staff at Fairfield Inn. Mrs. Beverly Capers service stood out to me as she served biscuits one morning upon request. Which I might add are much better than anything you are bound to find in any of the surrounding establishments. All in all this vacation would not have been the same had my party not had the fine staff at Fairfield to oversee and accommodate our every need.

• Stayed September 2013
Alexa H, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn by Savannah Midtown, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Dear greenman316,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review on our hotel based on your recent experience with us. We appreciate your great review and are so thrilled that you fell in love with Savannah. It is such a beautiful city, isn't it? We will be sure to commend our staff! Come back and see us again soon!

alexa.hankinson@marriott.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
Jacksonville, Florida, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

From the moment I pulled into the parking lot this hotel stay was a disaster. This hotel, by no means, should be a Marriott hotel! It is a Quality Inn level hotel at best. It very well may have been one at one time. It is outside access only, which in my opinion is unsafe! It isn't well lit in the parking lot, either.
Check-in was a breeze. I get to my room (on the bottom floor) at 1:30 am and from that very moment on all I hear is someone in the room above me! What sounded like hours & hours of sex turned out to be young children running & jumping onto/off of the bed and all around their hotel room on the second floor. After a few un-restful hours of sleep, I left the hotel & returned back at 7pm. I decided to go to the pool, which wasn't clean and the only pool towels in sight were paper thin and approximately the size of a dish towel. There is no hot tub on the premises either, which is what I really wanted to use.
Around 9 pm I went back to my room to enjoy some quite time & sleep. That's NOT what I got. The same guests were still overhead. Following three trips to the front desk (because the hotel phones in my room didn't work) & two personal visits to the room above mine AND a promise to call the police, the front desk manager FINALLY decided to go upstairs & see what was happening. He came to my room to inform me that he had spoken to the guests above me and they would quite down. At THAT VERY MOMENT I invited him into my room to listen to what I had listened to for two nights. He then returned back to the room upstairs upon hearing the kid’s continuance of running & jumping . His solution was to move ME. This is absolutely absurd. I was not the problem. Rather than deal with the issue, he wanted to inconvenience ME further.
I had asked for a late check-in and a late check out. I was rudely awakened Sunday morning at 8 am by housekeeping & again at noon. It happened a third time at 12:30, as well. My late checkout was to be at 2pm! Upon opening my door to leave, I am greeted by a bill for my stay. However, I had pre-paid with a groupon for both nights. If I had not looked at this paper, this hotel would have charged me twice for this EXTREMELY unpleasant stay.

Room Tip: look elsewhere for a better "value." This hotel certainly doesn't meet other Marriott...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear customer32277,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review based on your recent experience in our hotel. We sincerely apologize for the experience you had at our hotel. We are working on properly addressing each issue mentioned.

Charlotte, NC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

Don't be fooled by the photos, this hotel is terrible. I was under the impression that the room would have a mini-fridge but alas, it didn't. The room was dingy and the carpets haven't been cleaned probably since it was built. I asked the manager when the hotel was going to be renovated, he said "not anytime soon. It was one of the orignial twelve Fairfield Inns and they want to preserve the history." Well, you're preserving the history...as well as the old appliances, bathtub and furniture.

The saving grace of this hotel is the staff. The folks at the front desk and the lady at breakfast were all very courteous and helpful.

Room Tip: Top floor are indoor entries, the bottom two floors have exterior doors.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Dear Pathersfan23,

We appreciate you taking the time to write a review based on your recent experience at our hotel. We are sorry that your room did not have a refrigerator. We only advertising that some rooms do and while we are undergoing renovations, we are going to be putting microwaves and mini fridges in all guest rooms. I am not sure who you have spoken with but they gave you false informations. We will be shutting down the entire hotel in early January to actually do the renovations. I am so sorry that someone gave you misleading information. It is true that there are only two, first generation Fairfields left in North America and we are one, however we will definitely continue to modernize! Thank you for the kind words about our staff.

Bradenton, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

If you are looking for a comfortable place to stay while visiting Savannah Georgia....then stay at Fairfield Inn on Lee Blvd in midtown. They are in the process of renovations but they have completed the rooms on 3rd floor and they are WONDERFUL!!!!!

Dear Laurie B,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review based on your recent stay with us. Your kind words bring smiles to our faces and we enjoy sharing these with your staff. We hope to see you again soon when you come back to the area.

alexa.hankinson@gmail.com
New Hampshire, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

My son and I recently worked our way down the Eastern seaboard staying in affordable motels in good locations. The Fairfield was around $80 and included a nice breakfast buffet. It was about a 5-minute drive from the historic district. Very clean and quiet room, nice pool and super friendly staff at the desk and the breakfast room.

Dear JeffNewHampshire_USA,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay. We appreciate your kind words. We are glad to know that you and your son enjoyed our property.

Birmingham, Alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

I had high expectations for this hotel based on the website and the Sales Manager's, Alexa, great customer service. However when we arrived, it was not as nice as the website made it seem and the manager on duty did not seem very knowledgable. He had to make us 5 hotel room keys before one worked and was not dressed professionally. All of our rooms were supposed to be non-smoking, but one of them smelled like smoke and one of the handles broke off of the door. There were also bugs in one room. The staff was friendly, they gave us a good group discount, and the continental breakfast was tasty, but overall I was a little disappointed.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Dear O819MOanonymous,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review based on your recent experience at our hotel. We are sorry that we did not meet your expectations. After some recent changes, we have been ordering brand new Fairfield Inn uniforms for all of our staff since we have a fairly new team. All of our employees now have uniforms and are required to wear them. We are a 100% no smoking hotel, however we do have some rule breakers, so I apologize that you experienced that smell. We are using your review to better our services. Once again, we appreciate your feedback.

McCormick, SC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

Fairfield is the economy level of the various Marriott properties. As I entered the lobby, I was shocked to see an employee slumped in an overstuffed chair talking on her cell phone. In over twenty years of travel in the Marriott system, hotels, motels, resorts and timeshares, I never saw anything like this. It just isn’t professional and presents a poor image. The rest of the staff was Marriott excellent, right down to the maintenance men that fixed the broken night latch on my room door. Marriott properties are usually maintained to the hilt. This one is not. The doors at the lobby entrance and elevator need cleaning and paint. There was black mold on my room ceiling and on the bathroom ceiling. On the more positive note, the staff was very friendly, helpful and knowledgeable. The concierge was especially helpful and really knows Savannah. At 5PM is the managers welcome in the breakfast area. There was a nice assortment of crackers and cheese. Although I didn’t try it the chili and toppings looked good. There was enough food there to make a meal on. The breakfast buffet is excellent with something for everyone.

Room Tip: Rooms here are small but this is a more ecomony level property. If you go to Savannah to do the tou...
Dear captmorgan40,

We appreciate you taking the time to give us your feedback on your recent experience with us. I happened to see the situation with the employee you are referring to and we have made it clear to all staff that this is not acceptable. We have since painted the doors to the entrance to the hotel as well as some other "refreshers". We are also making a point to correct your other mentioned issues. We are glad that you enjoyed our manager's reception. Come back again and join us for Fiesta Friday's in the breakfast area.

alexa.hankinson@marriott.com

Been to Fairfield Inn by Savannah Midtown? Share your experiences!