“Two Days Savannah Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #50 of 112 Hotels in Savannah
Florida, New York
“Two Days Savannah Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

The hotel is in a safe neighborhood with plenty of places to eat and shopping mall nearby. The entrance elevator to the floors are located outside of the lobby. Rooms are older but sufficent with the price you pay. Breakfast was good. However, please be aware that the breakfast area is small and becomes crowded later in the morning. If you want to eat breakfast make sure your timing is right (earlier is better!). The staff was friendly.

Room Tip: Only the third floor has a microwave and a fridge in the room.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
Atlanta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

I stayed there one night. The room was comfortable. The breakfast was good with a variety of items.The room are outside entry. The hotel is off the road along with the Homewood Suites, and Residence Inn. It takes a little looking.

Room Tip: There is no restaurant in walking distance. Plan on eating before going to hotel or after check in.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Charlotte, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

We have had many prior experiences with Marriott properties in the past, Fairfields, Courtyards, Residence Inns, and others. Have always counted on brand standards. Made the reservation and after seeing the hotel and checking out the room, decided we did not want to stay. Was not up to our expectation. Same issues, motel property with outside access and small room. Were advised that third floor is best but no rooms available. Left us in the position of having to scramble to find another room on a busy Saturday night in Savannah. Front desk was very accommodating and helpful but it cost us a couple hours to find an alternative.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
U.K
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

We had a third floor room,very clean and the beds were very comfortable.
The hotel is just off Abercorn which takes you straight to Bay and the River Road however the rates are much better.
Miss Beverley takes care of the breakfast area and nothing is too much trouble,there is a good selection including hot breakfast sandwiches plus freshly made waffles.
The staff throughout are eager to please,a great choice overall

Room Tip: Third floor rooms are internal
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Douglas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

I've traveled to Savannah monthly with my job for nearly four years and have stayed at this Fairfield Inn every time but once (St. Patricks Day and they were booked). Let me say that this is a great place to stay. The location is close to my work but also close to River Street and downtown for those who come on vacation. It offers everything that hotels do that cost twice as much. Clean, spacious rooms with cozy beds, great breakfast with many choices, a manager's reception in the evening, large, well-maintained pool, digital t.v. and lighting fast internet. The staff are always friendly and always more willing to help with any requirements I may have. I've had the opportunity to meet and get to know Stephen and Shannon when I check in and let me tell you that they go beyond the call of duty. Jason, the General Manager, has done an outstanding job with this property. I truly look forward to my business trips to Savannah because I have such a pleasant place to stay. If your coming to Savannah and are looking for a hotel that treats you more than just as a "guest", then this is the place for you. Take it from me, you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Roswell, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

We were a bit weary to stay here as it looked to be an older property further away from a lot of the main attractions. We are so glad we decided to try it out!! Yes, it is a bit of an older property but the first class service you'll receive more than makes up for that! From the moment we checked in until the time we left we were treated like valued guests. We were four adults & three kids staying in two rooms. They do not offer connecting rooms but we stayed across the hall from each other.

This property offers a continental breakfast each morning and a manager's reception every evening. When you're part of a party of 7, dining out can become very expensive. It was nice to be able to get a good breakfast before heading out & knowing that there would be a little something to eat when we got back. The people who ran breakfast and dinner were above and beyond! They were so pleasant to everyone and really went out of their way to make us feel at home! The front desk staff was very friendly and accommodating. A very nice outdoor pool area looked to be well maintained and was always empty for us in the evenings after a long day of sightseeing.

Give this property a shot! I promise that you will not be disappointed!

Room Tip: Floors 1 and 2 have outdoor room entrances. We were placed in a room on the third floor and these en...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

We stopped on our way from St. Simon's Island to Hilton Head for a one day trip down memory lane since I lived in Savannah previously as I grew up. When you stay at a Fairfield Inn, you have certain expectations of the facility, and if you have stayed in Fairfields many times, you also may expect the basics of service from the front desk without a lot of pizzazz. When my daughter and I arrived, I was a little surprised that they had rooms with outside access which was a first for me with the Fairfield Brand. I hadn't realized that, but learned when we checked in that there are also a limited number of rooms on the 3rd floor only, that have inside access. So I was disconcerted and asked Neil, the front desk staff person, about it and he explained nicely what the situation was and said that those rooms were sold out so we would have an outside access room. So we said, okay, we would take the other room, got our key and went to the car to unload. Then I heard my name being called and turned around to see Neil coming outside to find us and let us know that he had found a cancellation of a room on the 3rd floor, inside, that he could give us instead. I was so impressed and appreciative that he would go the extra mile to look and then move us so that we could be more comfortable. The rooms are what you expect in a Fairfield, although since the property is one of the original Fairfields in the brand, it is a little different than you normally see. The location was good as far as being central to everything and offering parking since if you were to stay downtown, parking becomes a different matter altogether. We enjoyed being able to go downtown for dinner and drinks, experience the atmosphere there and then go back to our hotel and be comfortable without hassles of parking. For business or for a leisure trip where I wanted the value of a limited service hotel (i.e., not paying for extras), I would go back. Kudos to Neil and the hotel staff for caring about their guests.

Room Tip: If you care about a higher level of security, book the 3rd floor inside rooms
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Been to Fairfield Inn by Savannah Midtown? Share your experiences!