“Wonderful staff. Nice, clean hotel.” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #51 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
“Wonderful staff. Nice, clean hotel.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2013 via mobile

We had a wonderful time on our stop through Savannah, GA, staying at the Fairfield Inn Savannah/I-95 South. The hotel was well kept; very clean. The stay was made particularly special due to the sweet lady that worked the breakfast area in the morning. Thelma...what a kind, sweet, caring woman. So helpful, so kind. She is the epitome of southern hospitality and exactly what was needed after seemingly endless hours of driving with two small children following a looonnnnggg week at Disney World. There seems to be so little of what Thelma exudes left in our world anymore. We should all strive to be even just a little bit more like her every single day.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Simpsonville, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

The room was clean but not above average in any means. Service was wonderful and breakfast was one of the best hotel breakfasts I have had! Would stay again for the great breakfast. Nice location right off I-95.

• Stayed December 2013
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

This is the first time stay in this hotel but I was impressed with the help we received from a young lady when we checked in late Sunday night after Thanksgiving. She came up to our room and helped us get our TV working which she found was accidentally unplugged from the back of the set. In the morning we were greeting but another young lady with the sweetest disposition that was handling twenty things at once, all being cool, calm and collected. Both girls were very professional and enthusiastic. We also ran into a women on there cleaning staff that was also very helpful! What a pleasant surprise after a very busy and hectic holiday. One more thing, the heat/cooling system was clean and fresh and allowed outside air to come in. System did not give off the stale odor you always dread at hotels.

Hingham, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

For the price, I would have to give an excellent. When we walked in tired from a long trip we were greeted by homemade chocolate chip cookies and a very pleasant check in person. In fact we were given a room on the first floor and the girl noticed I put down a higher floor as a preference and she immediately gave us a different floor. I didn't have to ask. The room was clean and fresh and TV worked fine after I realized you have to put it on a certain channel. Breakfast was great and the person in charge was on her toes and pleasant to all. She was personification of southern hospitality. We would stay there again in a minute. One thing I might add to make it easier: when you get off the highway there is a cluster of hotels on the left and we missed the entrance. Fairfield Inn is right after the Springhill Suites and you need to take a left at the lights to enter the area. If you go past, it is a few miles before you can turn around. (This is I95 S) Location couldn't be better. Right off the highway for snowbirds.

Florissant, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

The hotel was not typical of most Fairfield Inns as far as updates go but being off the highway they are very busy with limited staff. Having said that, the staff is wonderful. Jesine at the front desk was wonderful, professional and very friendly. We did have a few problems with our refrigerator not working and a door issue but Quentin stepped right in and took care of both right away. And you will not find a harder working lady than Michelle in the breakfast room. She does a wonderful job keeping up with the demand. It was Thanksgiving weekend so the hotel was full. I would have given this a 3 star based on the hotel needing some remodeling but decided on 4 stars because of the staff. I wish I knew more of their names because they all are deserving of a shout out. Breakfast was pretty good, eggs, sausage, waffles, oatmeal etc... We did not use the pool but it appeared clean and well kept as was the work out room.

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for your discounts, I did notice different rates being quoted throughout our stay for...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
jennie l, Manager at Fairfield Inn Savannah/I-95 South, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
Thank you so much for writing a review regarding your recent stay I appriciate the great comments regarding the staff. We hope to see you again on any return trips you should have to the Savannah area.
Miami, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

Check-In: My husband and I stayed at this property for one night on the way to Florida. There was an attendant at the desk when we checked in and she did an OK job of checking us in. There wasn't anything particularly memorable or special about the check-in experience.
Room: I was shocked that a new-ish hotel would not be equipped with refrigerators/microwaves in every room. Unfortunately, we did not have either in our guest room.
The room was quiet and there was no outside noise that I noticed. However, I would suggest some darker curtains, as the sheers we had did a terrible job of blocking out the interstate lights and signs.
THE SAVING GRACE: Thelma! Thelma did an excellent job in the breakfast room by keeping it clean and attending to the needs of the guests. That being said, the breakfast was sub-par comparatively to other Fairfield Inn properties I have visited. Although it was the same fare at the other properties, the muffins were still partially frozen and the sausage patties were still pink. Thelma's friendliness definitely made up for it, though.
Check-out: The check-out experience was terrible! The desk attendant was on a personal phone call (on the hotel phone), in addition to texting on his cell phone. Although he did pause his phone call to talk to me (how KIND!), this was still unacceptable activity for a front desk attendant at this time in the morning (It was around 9:00 am). I felt very neglected by him. He definitely lacked confident service.
Room Attendant: Michelle was our room attendant. I can't attest to how well she cleaned the room because we checked out after one night, but we did meet her in the elevator and she was very nice!
Overall: This was an average experience with some nice moments. The staff is hit or miss, and there are definitely some bad apples. Room was clean, and property was easy to find off the interstate.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013 via mobile

Stopped here for a night with my hubby and my dad. We got the king studio which had the king bed and a pull out sofa. The sofa was in a separate area which offered some privacy but the area is separated by a half wall only. This was totally adequate for one night but a longer stay would start to feel cramped pretty quickly.
The front desk staff were friendly and efficient. The breakfast is standard fare, good and filling. The breakfast attendant Thelma was unfailingly cheery greeting everyone who arrived and making sure everyone had a table and enough to eat. She certainly puts a smile on your face in the morning.
Easy access from I95. Decent restaurants in the area for dinner.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Been to Fairfield Inn Savannah/I-95 South? Share your experiences!