“Pleasant Surprise” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #68 of 112 Hotels in Savannah
Key Largo, Florida
“Pleasant Surprise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2007

Though this Holiday Inn Express was a bit more than I expected to pay at $99, I had a pleasant stay. On check in, we were upgraded to a suite room. I had been sick nearly all day from having had oral surgery 24 hours earlier. I instantly felt better seeing our room! It was clean, comfortable and quiet. The room was well stocked with extra towels, shampoos, coffee, etc. It was a non-smoking room and there was no hint of smoke. The king bed had extra pillows. Everything worked. Exactly what I needed!

The property has a convenient location. We walked across the parking lot to a Ruby Tuesdays for dinner. There is also an Applebees you can walk to.

We will stop here again when driving 95 between FL and OH or NJ.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — price
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
thegradys2004
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2007

Got to the hotel and the pool was closed for repair. We asked for a refund and staff was condisending and rude. After 2 hours of debating with the only person on duty (Maria) she told us she called the manager and they would not refund. The next day we spoke to the manager and she had never been called. The manager then gave us the refund and went to another hotel. The staff the evening before was the rudest I had ever seen and ruined our entire 1st evening making us miss 4th of July fireworks. Will never stay here again.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — The staff
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
new york, ny
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2007

Better than I expected for an "off the interstate" hotel. Clean large rooms with comfortable beds and pillows. Suites are large and inexpensive. Nice front desk, knowledgeable about Savnnah. I would stay only at this hotel or the Hampton across the street. Lots of not-terrible chain restaurants on this exit.

• Stayed March 2007, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2007

I arrived on a Friday and the first thing I noticed that someone had spilled soda in the elevator. Sticky floors. I mentioned it to the Staff who seemed indifferent.
The breakfast was good and quite a variety to choose from. The tables needed more cleaning than just a wipe across the surface. I mentioned it to the "Breakfast" Attendent who looked at me and blew me off. There seems to be no Head Housekeeper in the Motel that takes charge.
I stayed for a week (my husband is on business there) and when I checked out Friday the floor in the Elevator was still sticky.
The Entrance to the Motel had Cigarette Butts that stayed there for a whole week. Ashtray's didn't get emptied unless the wind blew them over. It was too cold to use the outdoor pool, but even that area was a mess. Its too bad that the staff gets neglected in proper training on how to make your stay more memorable and cleaner.

• Liked — Continental Breakfast
  • Disliked — dirty tables and floors
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Jacksonville,NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2006

We have stayed at other Holiday Inn Express's so we thought we would stay here on our way to Florida. It was a nice stay........close to restaurants and gas stations.
The room was very nice.........we were on the interstate side and was noisy.
The jacuzzi was nice but, kind of mildewy around the caulk.
The pool was full of leaves...it was 95 out too......my kids were very disappointed.
The breakfast bar was very nice and yummy.
The border in our room near the ceiling was falling off big time.

We would stay again........everyone was very friendly and courteous.

• Stayed July 2006, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2006

The people and the hotel were very nice. We were on vacation and stayed there one night.

• Stayed May 2006
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2006

Great employees. I love the rooms, very clean and the fact the rooms are all suites with big jacuzzi tubs made my stay great. I will always stay at this hotel. The employees made me feel welcome and it was an all around great experience.

• Stayed December 2005, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Savannah South I-95? Share your experiences!