“Nice and new” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Savannah S - I-95 Gateway

You added Holiday Inn Savannah S - I-95 Gateway to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Savannah S - I-95 Gateway
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   11 Gateway Boulevard East, I-95 and GA Hwy 204 Exit 94, Savannah, GA 31419   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #68 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
“Nice and new”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Hotel is lovely. Front desk staff friendly. Restaurant totally unorganized. No coffee cups or cream for breakfast. Service was unacceptably slow. Sat down at 7:55. Received meal at 8:40. And it was not busy. Housekeeping made our bed and emptied trash but did not replenish towels or coffee and did not vacuum or clean bathroom floor. We are platinum elite members and are just trying to offer constructive criticism. Our suite was very nice.

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Saint Simons Island, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2015

Convenient location to the interstate. Very clean and staff was courteous. We were most impressed with the pillows. Each bed had 2 soft and 2 firm pillows that were so comfortable. How can I order these? I looked online and was not sure which ones we had.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Kim R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Savannah S - I-95 Gateway, responded to this review, March 25, 2015
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at the new Holiday Inn Savannah S. I-95 Gateway.

We are so glad to hear you enjoyed the pillows!

GM
Bethlehem, North Carolina, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2015

They are undergoing some renovations right now so it is a bit crazy looking downstairs. The staff wise very nice. My room was just remodeled and was in great shape. Very quite area also. The breakfast needs a little more choices though. I did not see really any fruit and only a jug of OJ for juice. Overall a good place for an overnight stay.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
WingateSalesDirector, General Manager at Holiday Inn Savannah S - I-95 Gateway, responded to this review, February 12, 2015
Dear Valued Guest,

We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay!

Statesville, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2015

Quite impressive! Doesnt appear much on the outside but the hotel itself is very nice - large, open lobby, nice bar and breakfast area. Brand new so obviously quite nice in terms of the property condition & rooms.

Recieved recognition for my status, given a premium king room - quite nice, including the Jacuzzi tub. Tucked in with a bunch of other hotels (including an Express), but I'd stay here again no question.

Staff will need a bit of work but expected for such a new hotel - will take some time for the place to settle. Cleaning staff needs a bit of work, seemed to be wandering around the lobby too often moving buckets back and forth at peak times (7-8pm).

• Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
WingateSalesDirector, General Manager at Holiday Inn Savannah S - I-95 Gateway, responded to this review, February 3, 2015
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at the new Holiday Inn Savannah S. I-95 Gateway.

We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay!!

GM
Savannah, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2015

Excuse the dust and understand the Hotel has just opened on Dec. 29th.
This property has a nice restaurant, with a great Chef and a nice bar with a great Bartender.
All the front desk employees are very friendly.
Considering they are all trying to get things organized, it's a beautiful property.

Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment on your recent stay at the new Holiday Inn Savannah S. I-95 Gateway.

My staff and I continually strive to exceed our guests' expectation. We are so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay!

Waynesville
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2014 via mobile

We have stayed at this Holiday Inn Express several times over the last few years. At first we totally loved it but the last couple of times before this we were considering changing hotels as we saw mold in the bathrooms and other areas that weren't cleaned properly.

We gave them one last try and were pleased by the improvements we saw. We were placed in the wrong room at first but this was quickly rectified. Both rooms were clean and we saw no mold in either bathrooms.

The breakfast had better than average choices and there are several good restaurants in the area. Downtown Savannah is a short trip away so the location is great.

Overall we were pleased and will return again.

• Stayed December 2014
Sharon H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Savannah S - I-95 Gateway, responded to this review, December 31, 2014
I appreciate so greatly that you gave us another chance and that you were satisfied with your experience. We utilize all feedback for improvement of products and services and hope you will continue to stay with us. Thank you for your business!

Sharon H
Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel about 6 times and have seen it go down hill. I was assigned the same room on this stay I was in during my last stay, which was 3 weeks ago. When I checked after the previous stay I told the manager on duty that one of the sink faucets did not work at all, the one at the vanity was broken and you could not control the water temperature or easily turn it on and off. It was also loosely attached and "wiggling" around on the sink top. She said they would get it taken care of immediately and thanked me for letting her know.

On this stay, which was the night before Thanksgiving, when being assigned to this room I thought "great", Atleast I know the plumbing issues will be straightened out. This is after being told I had to pay $20.00 more for the room than I did three weeks ago, and I might add that the hotel was close to empty.

Well guess what? Nothing had ben repaired, and the window is coming out of the track!!! I wonder, does anybody here care?

Please be aware that I am a business traveler, I shave been a Holiday Inn Priority Club member for 26 years, and spend about 100 nights a year in a hotel. This will most definitely be my last stay here.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Sharon H, Manager at Holiday Inn Savannah S - I-95 Gateway, responded to this review, December 2, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,
I am very disheartened to hear that you had this experience at our hotel. Please know that in answer to your question, we absolutely do care about maintenance and up keep of our product and excellent service for our guests. The front desk agent did pass on to me your comments for me to reach out to you but it appears the phone number was wrong when I tried to call. I am eager to discuss with you your experiences in seeing the hotel "go down" during your visits as this is contrary to our usual high level of service. As an IHG Rewards member you are our most valued guest and your sharing your perception with me would be an invaluable assist in our goal of 100% guest satisfaction. If you have the time to contact me I would greatly appreciate it.

Sharon H.

Been to Holiday Inn Savannah S - I-95 Gateway? Share your experiences!