You added Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Savannah South I-95 to your Saves list
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #68 of 112 Hotels in Savannah
“Awful.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013 via mobile

We just checked in and I found HAIR IN THE SHEETS. Husband went and got another set. HAIR IN THOSE sheets also. Hair in the sink. Bathtub black with dirt. Room overall is the dirtiest I've ever stayed in and I travel frequently.
AVOID at all costs. There are 20 hotels in this one mile radius. There has got to be something better than this craphole.

• Stayed October 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Savannah South I-95, responded to this review, November 2, 2013
Dear Rakdoo,

We truly appreciate you taking the time to post your review. It is always our goal to provide the best possible service and create memorable experiences and on this occasion we apologize for the disappointment you had with the room cleanliness. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences.

Again, thank you for your review and we hope you do choose to give us another opportunity to exceed your expectations in the future.

Karen C
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Lakeland, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

I stay at many Holiday Inn Express Hotels when traveling, this one was by far the BEST! Room was super clean, bathroom was spotless, and breakfast area was superior. The minute I walked into the door the friendly staff greeted me and treated me like gold! Not sure on Managers names (sp) but I think Allison and Vimal, were exceptional! I will be visiting this location again on upcoming trips!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Sharon H, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Savannah South I-95, responded to this review, January 22, 2014
Dear MSUC1, We are thrilled that you enjoyed every aspect of your stay at our property! I will ensure that Alison and Vimal know that they made a lasting impression.
We look forward to hosting you again soon!
Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

I stopped here on my way to Florida from Virigina.

I walked into the Lobby that evening and even though there was a "be right back" sign. I still had to wait 10 minutes for the front desk clerk to show up.

The room was clean, but obviously worn. The Jacuzzi tub was a nice touch had it not looked so worn out. The suite was great, but there were cobwebs and strange holes in the ceiling. The room really could have used a dehumidifyer. The air conditioner worked, but everything felt clammy. Here, too, I locked myself in the bedroom for the night because the rest of the hotel seemed so empty even though the lot was full. I loved the restaurants that were within walking distance.

Breakfast was OK.

The staff, however, was super friendly.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Savannah South I-95, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Dear ThreeWeTravel,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate your nice comment regarding our staff and breakfast.

However, We’re sorry we fell below your expectation regarding the jacuzzi condition, cleanliness and customer service. We will address these points. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Ocala, FL
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

I was traveling with my elderly handicapped mother and had a good experience with HIE in other cities, but this place is nothing like the others were. This was some very old place that has been changed into a HIE and our room was musty and damp. We had a "suite," which meant there was a front room with a door that closed, but the a/c never worked right in the front room. In the main room, I discovered in the middle of the night that the a/c drain was backing up on the carpet and I got my socks soaked (and dirty). I was not happy to deal with this in the middle of the night when just trying to use the bathroom. The water was out at least 6-8 feet from the a/c unit in the wall, so this did not just happen overnight.

Even more disconcerting is having booked a handicapped room, but this had some Jacuzzi tub thing that was nearly impossible for mom to step over. I had to help her in and out, although there was a fold down seat, rails, and a handheld shower head.

Breakfast was the typical HIE fare, but no fresh fruit and the pancake machine was broken. The hallways were hot and musty, too.

There are a dozen or more hotels at this one interchange. Skip this one.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Vimal D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Savannah South I-95, responded to this review, September 15, 2013
I sincerely apologize for the experience you incurred at our hotel. The hotel is older but we are constantly making upgrades to appease our guests. I hope you view this experience as isolated, and not indicative of the service we strive to provide. Our pancake machine had a part that was not working and it was on order; it is now working again. Again, I sincerely apologize and hope you give us another chance when in the area.
Barefoot Bay
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

Stop at this HIE on our way from NJ to FL and was quite surprised. Arrived around 10pm, no reservation and asked for an available room. Was given the Priority Club Member price and registered for the room. Entered our room to find it was a suite. What a pleasant surprise, very nice stay at this hotel. Nice breakfast in the morning, eggs, sausage links, toast, bagels, cereal, etc. Good stop.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
We are lucky you chose to stay with us during your travels on the east coast. I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us while in Savannah. We want all of our guest to have the same experience as you did. The staff is committed to quality and ensuring each guest has a memorable stay. Thank you for taking the time to post your experience.
West Palm Beach, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

The room reeked of a musty mildew odor, and another strange odor coming from the air conditioning unit. The interior look was very outdated with old furniture and fixtures which was not equivalent to the same renovated look and feel of the lobby and corridors.There was direct evidence of mildew stains around the electrical outlets and the ceiling near the window which leads me to believe there is mold in the walls. Our concern was that we and other visitors do not contract some type of respiratory or health issues related to the mold problems. In addition, the curtain valance was torn and hanging on the right hand side. The bathroom was very dirty; in which, the Jacuzzi tub had black dingy stains to the point where in order to take a shower, we had to place a towel at the base of the tub to stand on in order to not catch a foot fungus.The chrome fixtures within the tub (i.e., faucet, handle, and shower head) were rusty and very dirty. The grout and caulking within the tub walls and floor of the bathroom was also unsightly and dirty, and had a very strong smell of urine.You could visibly see yellow stains of urine droplets on the floor. Ultimately, the bathroom looked and smelled as if it had not been cleaned on several occasions or at all. The entire room gave the feeling of being in a fly-by-night motel rather than a hotel. As far as the bedding goes, we were hesitant to sleep under the sheets, so we slept in our clothes on top of the bed sheets to avoid potentially catching bed lice or anything else for that matter because the condition of the room we reserved was an overall health hazard.

Room Tip: Don't select this hotel.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Vimal D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Savannah South I-95, responded to this review, August 25, 2013
I sincerely apologize for the stay you encounter while in Savannah at our hotel. We have addressed all your concerns and will ensure this does not happen to any future guests. I am embarrassed that your stay was not 100% satisfactory and this is not what I want my guest to experience while staying with us. I hope to gain your loyalty back to the brand and thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay.
georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

I stay here for business travel when in Savannah. Most of the staff are very friendly and helpful. The jacuzzi tub in the last room needed work. The floor of the tub was discolored and the controls were missing. Wouldn't have used it anyway. Some TLC and the hotel would be good as new. Overall it is a good place to stay 1) for business travel or 2) if traveling on I-95.

Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
We certainly appreciate your loyalty to our hotel and hope to see you again. I will definitely address your concerns with my staff and work very hard to improve on those items. Next time you are at the hotel ask for me and I will ensure your next is even more memorable. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, see you soon.

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Savannah South I-95? Share your experiences!