The room reeked of a musty mildew odor, and another strange odor coming from the air conditioning unit. The interior look was very outdated with old furniture and fixtures which was not equivalent to the same renovated look and feel of the lobby and corridors.There was direct evidence of mildew stains around the electrical outlets and the ceiling near the window which leads me to believe there is mold in the walls. Our concern was that we and other visitors do not contract some type of respiratory or health issues related to the mold problems. In addition, the curtain valance was torn and hanging on the right hand side. The bathroom was very dirty; in which, the Jacuzzi tub had black dingy stains to the point where in order to take a shower, we had to place a towel at the base of the tub to stand on in order to not catch a foot fungus.The chrome fixtures within the tub (i.e., faucet, handle, and shower head) were rusty and very dirty. The grout and caulking within the tub walls and floor of the bathroom was also unsightly and dirty, and had a very strong smell of urine.You could visibly see yellow stains of urine droplets on the floor. Ultimately, the bathroom looked and smelled as if it had not been cleaned on several occasions or at all. The entire room gave the feeling of being in a fly-by-night motel rather than a hotel. As far as the bedding goes, we were hesitant to sleep under the sheets, so we slept in our clothes on top of the bed sheets to avoid potentially catching bed lice or anything else for that matter because the condition of the room we reserved was an overall health hazard.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Savannah-Conf Center @ i-95
- Holiday Inn Express Savannah
- Holiday Inn Savannah
- Savannah Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Savannah South I-95. Savannah Georgia is a city that overflows with 'Southern Hospitality', historic landmarks and flourishing gardens. A city you'll want to come back to time and time again! You may choose to visit the Historic District of beautiful downtown Savannah, River Street or experience the beauty of the palmy beaches of nearby Tybee Island. If shopping is your choice, almost any part of the city will meet your needs. There are the tiny antique shops and quaint boutiques of the Historic District and department stores of the Southside. When it comes to dining, Savannah has something for everyone, offering the best Southern Cuisine in the Upstate. Your choices of casual to fine dining are unlimited. We are conveniently located right off of I-95, just fifteen minutes from Savannah International Airport and the Downtown Historic Savannah / River Street. Our hotel offers spacious meeting rooms and an executive boardroom making us Southside Savannah's place to meet. All our 2 room suites, which were recently renovated, will meet the needs of the single, couple, family or wheelchair accessible traveler. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Booking.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Venere, Fareportal and Otel so you can book your Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Savannah South I-95 reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.