“Good to stop by and stay for a few nights” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Savannah S - I-95 Gateway

You added Holiday Inn Savannah S - I-95 Gateway to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Savannah S - I-95 Gateway
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   11 Gateway Boulevard East, I-95 and GA Hwy 204 Exit 94, Savannah, GA 31419   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #68 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
“Good to stop by and stay for a few nights”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

When we arrived, the staff was friendly. The rooms are cleaned and updated. However, the pancake machine in the breakfast room was out of order, ham felt like it was out for a while, and drink dispenser was also out of order. Beds in the rooms felt better than any other hotel beds.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Vimal D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Savannah S - I-95 Gateway, responded to this review, August 25, 2013
Thank you for your sharing your experience at our hotel. I appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again in the near future. Our guests experience is very important to the staff and they aim to exceed all of our guests expectations. I sincerely apologize for the breakfast concerns you experienced, I have addressed the issues and we will ensure they do not occur again. We hope your next stay at our hotel or another Holiday Inn Express is just as memorable.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Pigeon Forge, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

I love coming to this hotel every summer. They have great people working and the rooms are always clean and comfortable. I recommend this hotel to all people. They are always improving to be better and i can see the changes every visit. Keep up the good work

• Stayed July 2013
I am glad that you enjoy staying with us every summer and we appreciate your loyalty to our hotel. My goal is to ensure that every guest has 100% guest satisfaction like yourself. We take pride in our hotel and are constantly trying to update areas of the hotel. We look forward to hosting you again and thank you for sharing your experience at our hotel with the world.
Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

This Holiday Inn was just what we needed for a short visit to Savannah. The hotel is not near the historic area, but you don't pay "historic" prices either. Our room was spacious, clean and comfortable.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Savannah S - I-95 Gateway, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Dear DianeP49,

Krysllin G.
Leesburg, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

Our room was a suite which consisted of a bedroom that had a door enabling it to be closed off from bathroom and sofa/desk area. Both sections had a television which was awesome because if I have to watch another Disney show I will stick a fork in my eye. Seemed relatively clean and was really quiet. Or maybe the white noise from the A/C helped with that. Boy was disappointed that the jets on the enormous (aging) tub would not work. Beds were springy--but that is relative I suppose since we typically sleep on a temperpedic. Boy and girl were disappointed that the pancake machine was out of order but quickly found plenty of other options. Rainy, so no report on the pool. Our room was not at all damp or musty but our view of standing water on a flat roof below us illustrated where that might be a problem elsewhere. Overall a decent value.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear youllneverreachme,

Krysllin G.
Warner Robins, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

Upon arrival we noticed the hotel was very muggy & mildewy. We spotted wet ceiling tiles with black mold on them in the lobby. The AC blew musty air & would only cool the bedroom. The bathroom or front room wouldn't cool at all. The AC cover was laying on the floor on arrival in the room & also had to be reset by maintenance. Front Desk apologized & let us leave in the 1st hour no charge. Thanks to them. We were at least the 2nd couple unhappy & left. We don't recommend this hotel unless IHG renovates it top to bottom!

• Stayed June 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Savannah S - I-95 Gateway, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Dear reddhead1983,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. I'm very sorry you were not satisfied with the condition of the hotel. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas. We welcome any opportunity to improve.

Ferdinand G
Westminster, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

We used this as a quick stopover for two nights while on a road trip. We wanted to see savannah but remain close to 95. This was a good spot. It was easy to find from 95- right off the exit. Our room was spacious with a sleeping area and a sitting area. The breakfast was good with an assortment of items for even picky kids. My kids get particular about breakfast food. On the second morning we were there breakfast was very busy. It was handled well by the girl who was working that morning. Check out was simple.

• Stayed June 2013
Vimal D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Savannah S - I-95 Gateway, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
I sincerely apologize for your experience at our hotel while in Savannah. It is embarrassing that you or any of our guests have a stay like yours. Our goal is to exceed each of our guest’s expectations not matter what happens and I am sorry that we were not able to do that for you and your wife. We did have a HVAC unit go out in the hotel, which is now fixed. Next time you are in the area I will assure you that your experience will be more memorable. Lastly, I would like to thank you for your loyalty to our brand.
Fayetteville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

Right off I95 and close enough to all the favorite spots. Hotel is easy access and has numerous eating places of all types in easy walking distence from hotel. Clean, friendly and up to date. Great pool area if you have kids that like the pool. Value priced as typical of HIE. Breakfast area is clean and very well stocked. If you dont want to leave far from the interstate when stopping overnight, this is the place you want.

Room Tip: Its a bigger than normal HIE so ask for a room in the middle and lower floor if walking is not your...