It was our wedding anniversary and having stayed at this particular Comfort Inn a couple of years ago, we decided Comfort Inn on Gateway Blvd in Savannaha would again be our choice. We love Savannaha and thought we found a hotel to accomodate us while there in the future. until now.
We were told check in was 3:00 pm, but if we arrived earlier there would not be a problem checking in earlier if the room was cleaned. We arrived at 1:00 and was told we could not check in before 3:00. My husband requested a receipt, because we choose to pay by cash and not put on our credit card but was told he could get it when we checked out. We also noticed the beautiful water fountain in the front lobby was not working and the lounge was no longer open.
We went to Riverstreet, had lunch and returned so we could check into our room. The room was okay, but around the whirlpool jets it was so dirty it was very noticeable. I wouldn't have taken a bath in the tub only a shower which felt as though it had sand in the bottom of the tub.
During our stay previously, they had a great continental breakfast, but during this stay they ran out of coffee at 7:00 am. The variety of food was about 1/4th of our previous stay. During this time, everyone there was hearing a personal conversation held between two hotel workers in the room off of the breakfast room.
My husband checked us out of the hotel and requested his receipt. I was looking over the receipt while we were enroute home and noticed we were charged the quoated price for the room, but above that we were charged .50 cents for the phone in the room, $1.06 for the safe, and $6.00 for misc. Does the phone and safe not come with the room? If not, give us a choice if we want it or not. We have our cell phones. The one that got me was $6.00 misc.
I called the hotel and was put on hold for about 15 min. When the girl came back on the line that put me on hold, I asked her to explain why the $6.00 misc charge. She could not explain. No one was available to give us an explaination. There was a difference of about $18.00 total that I don't understand.
- Also Known As:
- Days Inn And Suites Savannah Gateway Hotel Savannah
- Days Inn And Suites Savannah Gateway Hotel
- Days Inn Savannah
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Days Inn and Suites hotel is ideally located near Armstrong Atlantic State University, Savannah State University, the Festival Outlet Mall, River Street and historic Savannah. The Savannah Civic Center and Old Fort Jackson are less than 15 miles and the Savannah International Airport is just 10 miles away. Savannah's St. Patrick's Day celebration is another popular attraction. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Expedia, Orbitz, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Agoda, Venere and Fareportal so you can book your Days Inn and Suites Savannah Gateway reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.