“Ok Hotel - Bad Location - NOISY!” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Residence Inn Savannah Midtown

You added Residence Inn Savannah Midtown to your Saves list
Residence Inn Savannah Midtown
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5710 White Bluff Road, Savannah, GA 31405 (Avalon/Oglethorpe Mall Area)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #45 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
Ct
“Ok Hotel - Bad Location - NOISY!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2009

We pulled into the Residence Inn after a long trip, expecting the hotel to be decent because it was a Residence Inn . The area around the hotel was not very good and I knew it was a bad sign when the front door to the hotel was locked at 8PM. On one hand it was good that the hotel front door was locked because it kept the hotel safer but dissapointing that it was so dangerous that the door was locked so early.

Check-in was uneventful although the woman did try to give us a room on the first floor which I refused because of the safety and noise factor. The rooms were fine but a little old for a Residence Inn, The beds and bathroom were fine, the kitchen, a little dated.

The noise was terrible, probably the worst I've experienced in a hotel. It's possible that the rooms facing the interior of the hotel are quieter but if you get an outside room, you might as well have your bed on the street. That's how noisy it was. The street is busy and because it's near a light ( sounds like a drag strip ) it's even noisier.

Overall, I would not recommend the hotel unless you really need the extra space and you're ok staying 4 or 5 miles from the Historic district. The distance itself was not a problem but the location was.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2009

Stayed here for a kids soccer tournament. Everything was just ok. The suites were a good size, clean and the kitchen had a full size refrigerator which came in handy for storing beverages and fruits for the tournament. The breakfast that we had did not have any meats for the two days we were there. The pool and spa area were small. I thought it was a little pricey. All in all, it was ok.

• Stayed February 2009
Townsend, MA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2008

My husband and I stayed at the Residence Inn for four nights and were very pleased with our experience. We booked a one bedroom suite and it was very clean (I am very particular about cleanliness,above all,in a hotel). The desk help were polite and quite helpful with providing directions. I live in a small New England town and never felt unsafe in any part of Savannah that I visited and certainly not in the vicinity of the hotel. The only improvement I would have liked was in regard to the condition of the pool and hot tub. The breakfast and all day availability of tea and coffee was an added plus.

• Liked — a clean hotel at a fair price
  • Disliked — the pool and hot tub
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Ellicott City, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2008

Had our room been cleaner, and the hotel in a safer neighborhood, I would have ranked this place 5-stars. The hotel is located just a few blocks away from a shabby neighborhood of numerous payday lenders, pawn shops, and the like. We were a bit worried about leaving our car in the parking lot overnight, but nothing happened, and fortunately we noticed the beer bottle someone had left right in front of our tire.

Our studio room was generously sized, even by Marriott R.I. standards. The kitchen appliances were 100% full-sized (some RI's cheat a little on this), and the bed was comfortable. After about 11 pm, our room became quiet. Prior to 11 pm, there were several people shouting and cussing in the halls. We didn't hear road noise from our room, which was located in the back of the hotel.

Our main complaint was the lack of bathroom cleanliness. The bathroom floor had several pubic hairs right in the middle of the floor--yuck. With a bathroom floor surface area only slightly larger than a bathtub, there was no excuse for missing these.

• Liked — Large, comfortable room with kitchen.
  • Disliked — Dirty bathroom.
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Atlanta, Ga.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2007

Located in so-so area... Somewhat unsafe!!!

Staff although very friendly is not capable to deal with problems arising due to customers bringing uncontrollable children running in the hall and in their suite at night until early morning hours.
Expect sleepless nights, (I had two in my five days staying... even after making several calls to the desk nothing was done!)
I did get a refund for one day of my staying because of my complains; but for me wasn'it worth it.

Rooms pretty clean but room service is not completed until afternoon, if you come back to you suite before 4 PM don't necessarily expect the suite to be ready.

Try to get a suite in the back because the ones facing the road are indeed very noisy from steady heavy traffic at any hour of the day and night. Keep in mind that the only 2 bedrooms suites are most likely located facing such.

Don't expect anything special, the place needs lot of improvement, it's dark.... not worth the price!!!

Good breakfast, but everyday the same!

Hope this will help!

Stayed December 2007
Washington, DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2007

I was quite pleased with this hotel. I arrived at 7:30 a.m. and even though check-in wasn't until 4:00 p.m. they had a "handicap accessible" room available and let me check in (8+ hours early!) so I was able to start sight-seeing right away. The first thing that impressed me about the hotel was that it was IMMACULATE. It's obvious that great care is taken in maintaining the rooms and main areas.

Every morning I helped myself to the free breakfast. I hadn't planned on it, (imagining stale rolls and cold cereal), but with offerings like waffles, sausage, breakfast potatoes, yogurts, French toast, etc. I was pleasantly surprised. The food was quite good and the staff very helpful.

There was a computer in the lobby which was convenient for last minute checks of maps and checking in on e-mail.

The staff was quite pleasant and helpful. The only unfortunate incident was that one of the times the front desk called a cab for me the cabbie tried to charge me double for the trip downtown. I have no reason to believe the staff was in cahoots with this company so I let them know about the incident and gave the them company's card so they would (hopefully) avoid them in the future. It might be helpful for them to let residents know what they should roughly expect to pay for a trip to the historic district so that others don't fall prey to this.

All around I gave this hotel the highest review rank. I would most definitely recommend it to others looking to stay in the area.

• Liked — Cleanliness
  • Disliked — Location
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
franklin park
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2007

I booked this hotel on government businesss and received the appropriate government discount. Unfortunately, when I arrived at 3p.m. I was told the room was not ready and promptly advised "check-in is at 4 p.m", as if this was my first time traveling and staying at a hotel. Aside from the lackluster personality of the front desk receptionist, I did go to get some last minute travel items. The local area has a lot of restaurants and shops for that I give this hotel a plus. When I did check in at 530pm I was not granted my requests for a quiet room away from elevators, vending machines. Instead, I received a first floor room with upstairs guests, obviously with children who love to stomp the floor. My room was next to the elevator but that was not the source of the noise--mostly the noice came from the loud humming of the refridgerator. The decorum of the room was acceptable, not spectacular. There was an obvious room smell when the air-conditioning was not running. This hotel is not impressive nor is it horrifying. I have been to both classes. Instead, this hotel offers accommodations that suits the most basic needs of the traveler without compromising too much.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — room smell
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Residence Inn Savannah Midtown? Share your experiences!