“Average: nothing more, nothing less” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Residence Inn Savannah Midtown

Save Saved
You added Residence Inn Savannah Midtown to your Saves list
Residence Inn Savannah Midtown
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5710 White Bluff Road, Savannah, GA 31405 (Avalon/Oglethorpe Mall Area)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
3-Night Stays: Save 15%
Ranked #56 of 112 hotels in Savannah
San Marino, California
“Average: nothing more, nothing less”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2011

The service was decently pleasant. At check-in the woman was prompt and informative, the younger lady the next day was very friendly, and the night shift was helpful. The room was a little smaller than other Residence Inns, but was renovated thankfully.

This is the first Marriott brand hotel I've experienced with obvious maintenance issues. The tub had a few chips, the window had a piece of bent hardware that seemed to allow some road noise in, unprofessional-looking patch work by the door, the sink stopper could not be pulled up all the way, the toilet was running constantly, and the shower head sprayed everywhere even after changing the settings a few times. None of these issues were too large of a problem, but it detracted from the stay. In addition, the alarm clock was set by a previous guest at an ungodly hour of 6:10AM (I am NOT an early bird. I could care less about that worm.) Housekeeping should have checked that.

The room cleanliness was pretty good. The only cleanliness issue I noticed was some brownish stains on the handles of a few silverware. It would have been nice to include a sponge at the kitchen sink to wash dishes being that there was a small bottle of Palmolive dish soap. Other Residence Inns have sponges.

There were a few other small issues, but this review is not intended to rip them apart. Overall, it was an average stay. It wasn't bad enough to ruin the vacation, but not good enough to enhance it either. Location was not bad...pretty convenient to restaurants, Historic District, drugstores, etc.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Carlos S, General Manager at Residence Inn Savannah Midtown, responded to this review, October 3, 2011
I wanted to apologize about your less then perfect stay. We strive to give everyone the best stay possible. I have shared your response the my Chief Engineer about the maintenance issues. I have also shared your response about the alarm clock overlooked by housekeeping. Please feel free to contact me directly so that we may gather more information to improveour property. Thank you for taking the time share your comments.

Carlos

115 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Jupiter, FL
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2011

Was passing through Savannah for one night only and decided to stay at the Inn.Located on a very busy street and near the airport.Road noise was extreme.The rooms appear to be much smaller than the standard Residence Inn and the furnishings were in dire need of upgrading.
We seemed to be an inconvenience to the desk personnel.I am a member of Marriott and will continue to be,but will not stay here again nor recommend to any one.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Parkland, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2011

We were there for St. Patrick's Day Festival and had a fun time. Room was clean.. The staff was extremely helpful. They called us a cab and printed out information for us.

It is not within walking distance from downtown. However, if you have a car or call a taxi, you will be fine. The area around it is mixed with upscale shopping across the street.

Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Atlanta
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2011

I debated about writting this review. The staff at this hotel is very nice. so it's hard writting a negitive review when people are being nice. I spoke with Carlos about the problems at the hotel, and he made notes to address the issues. I came to Savannah to work 5 days 4 nights. When I checked in, I used the elavator to get to my room. The elavator had a smell that was to the point of being nausating, not real strong, but persistant. I went to the fitness room to work out on the treadmil. I noticed the room was warm. When I finished I took my temp gun and measured the temp in the room. It was 87 degrees. I went to check my email, the the wired internet did not work. The wirelees was very slow, to the point my company emial, would not logon. The air conditioner was very loud when it cycled. The construction is such that when someone walks in the hall it is very noisy. I stayed there 1 night. Got up the next morning, walked over to the Homewood suites next door. It was a very good choice. Breakfast was better, more seating. The room air system works well, and quite. I am on their internet now, and it works perfect. I am paying $7 more per night, and well worth it. As an added feature there is a ceiling fan over the bed.

Hope you enjoy Savannah , it's one of favorate places to visit.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2011

I'm not going to rate the actual rooms because when we pulled into the area the hotel was located in, we parked the car, connected to the internet wireless access of Residence Inn and promptly cancelled our room on the spot just minutes before the 4 p.m. deadline. The area surrounding the hotel looked very rough to us, very unlike the typical Residence Inn locale. We turned around and headed back out to the interstate, where we stayed at a very nice Embassy Suites at the Airport. This Residence Inn just didn't look quite the same as what we're used to, and we're big fans of this particular chain. The area looked like one of the rougher parts of Savannah to us. Unless you enjoy numerous Pawn Shops and other eyesores right up the street from where you're staying with your young children, please do some research on this place. No thanks, not for nearly 200$.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Madison, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2011

My first trip to Savannah I stayed at the Residence Inn Historical District. Unfortunately, we couldn't get a reservation this time.
The Residence Inn Midtown was a short drive to the Historical District...which was a plus.
I will be honest...when we drove up I was a little hesitant..but the room was great and the staff were super friendly. They don't have a full bar like the Residence Inn Historical nor was the breakfast bar or the Manager meals as elaborate. I was able to visit several nearby restaurants (not fast food) , Publix and Fresh Market are nearby. I shopped the mall and other shops along Abercorn.
If you fly in I would stay in the Historical District but if you drive in...stay at the Residence Inn Midtown..you won't be disappointed...and you will save some money too! Great Staff...thanks for everything!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
South Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2011 via mobile

We always stay at Residence Inn when we can because they have always been excellent, until now. Believe the reviews, area not great, hotel not up to Residents Inn normal standards. Rooms are smaller and not as well appointed but the noise was the worst. The hotel rooms are only feet away fron a four lane highway and an army base. Helicopters and road traffic all night. Stay somewhere else. Paid over $200 for 4 hours of interrupted sleep!

• Stayed July 2011

Been to Residence Inn Savannah Midtown? Share your experiences!