“Very average hotel” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #82 of 112 Hotels in Savannah
Florence, Kentucky
“Very average hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012

My husband and I came to Savannah to spend some time with my parents, they where at The Residence by Marriott, a few miles down the road, and it unfortunately was sold out se we stayed here. My parents had a great stay our was ok. It is not like I have anything bad to say about this hotel, it was just all very average. The room was average, with an ok, sheets, mattress, and towels. When we booked this and it stated it was a suite I thought perfect two separate rooms, it is not, it is one room. My husband planned on staying in the room during the day and working, the Internet was fine for a casual user, but if you need to do some serious work and need speed, this will not work for you. The workout facilities, well wow, and not in a good way. A decent treadmill and also a bike and a step machine that where both from the 80's and that is all they had to offer. Luckily I was able to grab the treadmill everday. The pool, not that impressive either. The breakfast was very nice so big kudos for that and all the staff was exceptionally friendly and helpful. This location is to far away if you want to be down in the historic distric, spend the extra money and time saved and stay down there. The restaurant a block down the street Tangerine was the best we ate at in Savannah. Over all this is an ok hotel, just so long as you know and get exactly what you are looking for.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
, General Manager at Springhill Suites by Marriott Savannah Midtown, responded to this review, June 27, 2012
Dear basildogpuppy,

I would like to take a moment and thank you for the review that you posted. We do try to provide a clean and warm atmosphere for our guests. We hope you found the staff to be accomadating and friendly as we look forward to providing an excellent stay for each of our guest. Once again, thank you for taking the time to write the review and we hope to see you again when you are in the area.

Happy travels,

Howard Loggins

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Gainesville, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

We had a great experience. The facility was very clean; one of the cleanest we have seen. Some of the reviews stating "older" facility had us concerned but it was fine. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The location was good; enough out of the main hub to avoid congestion but close enough for convenience. I would recommend this location and will stay again when traveling back to Savannah.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2012

Our family had a really great experience by choosing to stay at this hotel. The staff was friendly, the location was great, the amenities were just right. This made our stay in Savannah really comfortable and truly special.

Room Tip: Top floor away from the elevator is nice and quiet.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Dominican Republic
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012

I stayed here because I wanted to go to the After Thanksgiving Day Sales, and they started at 5:00 in the morning! This property is very close to the shopping mall. I have never stayed at a Springhill Suites, and won't again. It was clean, the staff was nice as can be expected from all of Marriott properties, the breakfast was good - the typical fare, but the room was pretty old. It must have been something else and upgraded in the last few years. It just wasn't up to my expectations (which are pretty high as I stay in Marriott properties a lot!) I was disappointed in the quality of the room, the bathroom in particular is REALLY old! but, hey, it was clean. For the right price I would say o.k., but for me, I would spend a little more and go to another property that isn't a Springhill Suites.

There is no restaurant or room service on property, but lots of restaurants close by.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group

Dear cockers2luv,

I thank you for writing a review about your stay with us. We have always been a Springhill Suites, we are one of the first in the brand, however we strive to provide a clean and great customer service experience. We want you to feel as if you have found a" home away from home". I hope you would stop and see us again if in the area as we are due for renovations in the future. I thank you for being a loyal Marriott customer and for staying with us during your visit to Savannah. We do hope we can have the pleasure of seeing you again when and if you are in the area.

At your service,
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2012 via mobile

It looks like a Springhill Suites on the outside but as soon as you walk in the front door you realize this is going to be "interesting". I have stayed at many Springhill suites and most are modern art decor style properties. Inside this hotel, it was very old-looking, had a weird smell and the rooms were really in need of some help. From the looks, it appears to be a old Travelodge or something along those lines that decided to become a Marriott property by changing the sign and outside of the building. The sheets were old and the pillows were turning YELLOW under the pillow case. They should have been thrown away long ago! If all other hotels in the area were sold out- I would advise postponing your trip until you can get reservations elsewhere or sleep in your car before sleeping in this dirty property!
Oh- the staff was nice. I guess it's not their fault someone refuses to up- keep their property.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
SAVSH, General Manager at Springhill Suites by Marriott Savannah Midtown, responded to this review, May 7, 2012
Dear Guest,

I am sorry to hear that you were not happy with your stay. We have always been a SpringHill Suites since the day we opened in 1999. We were one of the first in the brand. We are looking forward to a refresh this year hopefully and that will bring us up to the current appearance of the other springHill Suites. I do thank you for your honest comments and hope you would consider trying us again when in the area.

Warmest regards,

Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012

The midtown location was perfect. It was out of the madding crowd and yet only a few minutes from everything.

Hunter Army Airfield is located a few miles away. This was the place I took helicopter flight training in 1968. While in Savannah I had a reunion with a family who took me in and made my life less lonely. We met at the Olive Garden which is just across the driveway. There are in fact several eatery nearby, which make this hotel even better. You will not be sorry to stay here!

The one person who made it nicer was Alison Cox, guest services manager. This woman will, one day, become a GM or owner and everyone will be happy.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the top floor
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
dade city, fl
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2012

This was a nice hotel. The staff were nice and I enjoyed the breakfast. Not too bad of a drive from all the action! Kind of in between the downtown area and Tybee Island.

Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Springhill Suites by Marriott Savannah Midtown? Share your experiences!