“Clean, friendly, spacious, perfect” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early Save up to 15%
Ranked #15 of 112 hotels in Savannah
Westerville OH
“Clean, friendly, spacious, perfect”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013 via mobile

We stayed on our way down to Orlando and couldn't have been happier with this hotel. The rooms were spacious and clean and the attendant at the front desk (Chastity) was very friendly and attentive. The hot breakfast the next morning was perfect with many selections available. It was booked solid for the evening we stayed so be certain to get reservations prior to your stay.

An added bonus-duvet covers are laundered for each guest bed---no more dirty, nasty comforters!! Would definitely stay here again-no doubt about it!

• Stayed March 2013
Trisha P, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Savannah - I-95 S - Gateway, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Dear Hampton Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review. We're pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that the property met your expectations. We hope to see you again in the future!

282 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

Stopped on the way to FL like many others. This exit off 95 is filled with hotels in all different brands so lots of travelers if you venture out to the local eateries. Hampton was probably the cleanest, nicest choice of all the hotels. Very quiet, front desk attendant was excellent, room was very nice and super clean. Would definitely stop here again.

• Stayed March 2013
Trisha P, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Savannah - I-95 S - Gateway, responded to this review, March 25, 2013

NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Staff very welcoming. Came up to our room gave us extra towels and soap. Pulled off of I 95 from bumper to bumper traffic and always try to stay at a Hampton inn. It was clean, safe and family friendly. Woke up refreshed, ate breakfast and continued on our journey to Florida. Would recommend.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Trisha P, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Savannah - I-95 S - Gateway, responded to this review, March 18, 2013

Ohio, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

Nice, quiet room after a long day driving. The complimentary breakfast was very nice. The rooms were clean, and the bed was every comfortable. The down side to our stay was that both the wireless and wired internet access was extremely slow. Overall, this was an excellent experience, and I would like to return when I have more time to spend in Savannah.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Trisha P, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Savannah - I-95 S - Gateway, responded to this review, March 7, 2013

Moncks Corner, South Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

I have stayed at many hotels in my life and have never dealt with the most incosiderate and rude customer service and manager on duty. We booked this hotel on January 28 for the weekend of February 22nd. That is almost a month in advance. We booked a suite which would accomadate our party. We arrived to the hotel on the 22nd about 5pm. We go to check in and the rude women up front told us that they ''accidentaly'' over booked and there are no more suites available and the best they could do was put us in a room with two beds!! Did not even offer us a discount due to the downsize of the room. Going from a 3 bed suite to a 2 bed room was would not accomadate our party. We what else could she do so she went to go speak to the manager. He did not even have the decency to come out and talk with us and told her to tell us he would give us back $50!!! He must be crazy!! Long story short I had to go in there and show my butt to get him to put us in another hotel and the best he could do was 12 miles away. The reason we chose this hotel was bc it was in walking distance to everything but instead we did not get into another hotel until after 8pm and had to pay for taxis the rest of the weekend. We have been in contact with corporate and still have had no response from them in a WEEK!! Never will stay at this hotel chain again. They did not even give us a refund bc we had to stay at a dump hotel!!! So disrespectful!!!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Marcel H, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Savannah - I-95 S - Gateway, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Dear Brandy R, Sorry that you had that experience you indicated. However, after speaking with our management staff, no one is familiar with this situation. I would like to speak with you concerning this so I can have more exact information to make things right if they occured at our hotel. Cordially, Marcel H
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

Easy access to 1-95 without the traffic noises, safe and quiet location. Staff are very welcoming, this is my mid-point to Cape Coral Fl. my stays over the years have always been quite satisfactory. As an AARP member, I cannot ask for a better for a better rate for the quality of stay I get. Check it out and I am certain you will be satisfied.

Room Tip: It doesn't really matter if you are in the front or back with this hotel, it is quiet all around
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Trisha P, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Savannah - I-95 S - Gateway, responded to this review, February 14, 2013

Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

I have stayed at this property twice, most recently on February 5, 2013. This is an excellent choice for an overnight stop enroute to or from Florida. The staff is very friendly, the rooms are clean and well appointed, and there arte several good restaurants in the area, some within walking distance. Applebee's is just outside the hotel. Ruby Tuesday about a block away. Houlihans Steak and Seafood bar and grill about two blocks. A very short drive away are several others, including my favortie (Shell House seafood restaurant) just on the other side of the interstate.

Wifi was fast and easy to use. Nice indoor pool and spa. The free breakfast was actually quite good, which was a surprise since most "free" hotel breakfasts leave a lot to be desired. The buffett included bacon, scrambled eggs, assorted breads (bagels, english muffins, toast, etc), oatmeal with toppings, a waffle station, cold cereals, assorted juices, milk, and a variety of fresh fruit and yogurt.

Both times I was just passing thru so really don't know much about the surrounding area, but I highly recommend this place if you want a comfortable and relaxing place to spend a night with all the amenities at an affordable price.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Trisha P, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Savannah - I-95 S - Gateway, responded to this review, February 7, 2013

Trisha Patel

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Savannah - I-95 S - Gateway? Share your experiences!