Loved the historical district Savannah, this hotel is in a great location, with views of the river.
Upon check in we were upset because the room they gave us was totally small. Fine for one person but not two. Very disappointed with that. But on the bright side they did get us another room but we had to wait one night which turned out fine. The front desk staff was very pleasant, Joy and Erica were lovely friendly girls and tried to be helpful always. We never had to move our car because we walked everywhere. It is $20 a day valet parking, which we didn't care for.
The breakfast buffet was fine, what you would expect. The rooms were clean, and if you were on the run in the morning and didn't have time for breakfast they offered brown bag breakfasts on the run ...at the front desk. One thing that was a pain was the very very slow elevator! But this hotel was within close distance to the River Walk and just about everywhere was easy walking. And of course with the beautiful Savannah weather you don't mind walking. Also we had rain one night and enjoyed sittine in the dining area where they have long windows, almost like being outside with the glass between you, and playing cards and enjoying the complimentary tea, coffee and hot cocoa that was always down in the lobby. That and the homemade cookies at night was an added touch of southern hospitality. As for the Trolley Bus tours, I will write another review, we didn't think that was even worth it.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn Savannah - Historic District Hotel Savannah
- Hampton Inn Savannah - Historic District Hotel
- Hampton Inn Savannah Historic District
- Hampton Inn Savannah
- Savannah Hampton Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hampton Inn Savannah Historic District hotel is located in downtown Savannah on Bay Street with easy access to River Street. Walk to local attractions like River Street, Savannah International Trade & Convention Center, and City Market. Enjoy a swim in our rooftop outdoor pool with views of historic Savannah. Relax with our free hot breakfast every morning. Get some work done with our free high-speed internet access and business center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, AAA Travel Services, Hilton Hotels, Travelocity, getaroom.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Hampton Inn Savannah - Historic District reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.